FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


I Need to be active on here more





XchaosX
So I just got an email stating that I negative 5 points and I am less active then I was when I first started on here. I have been extremely busy trying to have a yard sale, had to help my friend move, making youtube videos, help my sister get ready to move into her dorm she starts school at the end of august, On top of all that I have been sick had sinus problems that effect my hearing, swelled my face up, it was bad had fluid in my inner ear which through the balance of my head off, and if anyone knows what that feels like it feels like you are drunk could not stand up without falling, so ya July has been pretty hectic for me but I am coming back as a matter of face gonna post topic in the game section made Episode 5 of my monthly series and need yalls opinion and reply to other peoples topics if I can answer them of course.
IceCreamTruck
I too just got my low point warnings which brought me back to frihost to check things out again. My participation ebbs and flows like the tide. Sometimes I'm all over the forums, and at other times it's low tide and I'm no where to be found. I'm trying to update on some active topics so I get more emails about what people are talking about, so I can stay abreast of the action on frihost, but lately I have not been involved in active topics, so I haven't been receiving many frihost related emails.

What's important is that you return fairly regularly to participate. Daily participation, although it can get interesting, is not required.
XchaosX
understandable
zimmer
XchaosX wrote:
So I just got an email stating that I negative 5 points and I am less active then I was when I first started on here. I have been extremely busy trying to have a yard sale, had to help my friend move, making youtube videos, help my sister get ready to move into her dorm she starts school at the end of august, On top of all that I have been sick had sinus problems that effect my hearing, swelled my face up, it was bad had fluid in my inner ear which through the balance of my head off, and if anyone knows what that feels like it feels like you are drunk could not stand up without falling, so ya July has been pretty hectic for me but I am coming back as a matter of face gonna post topic in the game section made Episode 5 of my monthly series and need yalls opinion and reply to other peoples topics if I can answer them of course.


be active every day as all frihost users maintain there account for the free hosting services..
XchaosX
Will do
Cosmoslayer
You are not the only one! Razz
XchaosX
Let's all do our part then lol
standready
zimmer wrote:
be active every day as all frihost users maintain there account for the free hosting services..

Just to be clear, you do not need to be active here everyday to maintain hosting but it does help you stay positive in the points.
Looks like Bondings got the points caution script running again.
Welcome back ICT and others.
XchaosX
Well see I used to be active all the time since I signed up back in March
pauline123
Welcome back, and as it has been mentioned already being active every day is not required. It is only required that you keep your points positive to keep your account active. However, if one is not active regularly it is not difficult for one to slip away and not return until he warning is received and hopefully that is received in time for the person to come back and start being at least slightly active. At least this is what I understood. Things stated may be wrong, I am just trying to be helpful.

Welcome back to everyone returning from their frihost departure. Hope you enjoy your visits to frihost.
TheRPGLPer
I just started but reading through these is going to help me stay active on the site so I don't lose points. I stay pretty active on forums so hopefully I can keep my points in the positive! Wish me luck!
deanhills
In notice you have a Blog TheRPGLPer. Blogs are a great way to stay active at Frihost. I recall one Frihoster who made it into a diary of sorts as well. He filled the posts up to the equivalent of 5 points per blog post and shared his experiences about joining a new University. That did work well.
Bluedoll
We all get busy. Once Im here though I would rather have something to say than just post for the sake of posting but Ive made a couple of those too. Usually I will state it up front... The purpose of this blog entry is to bring up my points. It is a line to start from and just go from there. Well it is better to be honest. However, like anything, once you get started it gets a little easier and easier until you find yourself talking about something that interests you. Why not post, it isnt that hard is it?
lucascoelho
Good to see this topic... I've been troubled by that too.

The problem is: I love coming to Frihost and engaging in good discussions.... But coming here because I get a "threatening" e-mail alert and having to answer to whatever nonsense discussion I find on the Home Page, just so as I don't lose my hosting account (which I'm not actually using so far, but intending to very soon) is really not the best thing to me.

Ok, they want my text here to keep me active, what seems to matter is how many characters I leave in the box, not it's content, so I'm doing so... But I don't fell it's quite right... In the beginning I used to come here quite often because I could see many nice discussions, they really interested me. Nowadays I try to come online, don't see anything really compelling to me, so I just answer when I get the -5 alert...

Ok, if that's how the system works, lets make it work! (Enough for this message, moving on to the next topic, more 5 points or so waiting for me..)
deanhills
lucascoelho wrote:
In the beginning I used to come here quite often because I could see many nice discussions, they really interested me. Nowadays I try to come online, don't see anything really compelling to me, so I just answer when I get the -5 alert...
That is indeed a pity Lucas, still nice to see you posting, and this post was a good one.

Dialogist has a good idea as well. He makes some really solid posts in the Faith forum every few days, regardless of the quality he is responding to. And that of course adds up to the right points.
ocalhoun
deanhills wrote:

Dialogist has a good idea as well. He makes some really solid posts in the Faith forum


Diologist making solid posts?

Things must have changed since the last time I was around...

Last time I checked, he did lots of extremely verbose trolling in the Faith forum...
lucascoelho
ocalhoun wrote:
deanhills wrote:

Dialogist has a good idea as well. He makes some really solid posts in the Faith forum


Diologist making solid posts?

Things must have changed since the last time I was around...

Last time I checked, he did lots of extremely verbose trolling in the Faith forum...


Wow... that got me wondering... :-p

Guess I'm gonna walk by Faith forums and check it out a little bit, to see what you guys are talking about! Very Happy
Mr_Howl
I've been busy with work lately.

But I'll be active again! I swear!
tahayassen
Yeah, same situation here. Neutral
deanhills
ocalhoun wrote:
deanhills wrote:

Dialogist has a good idea as well. He makes some really solid posts in the Faith forum


Diologist making solid posts?

Things must have changed since the last time I was around...

Last time I checked, he did lots of extremely verbose trolling in the Faith forum...
Guess that would depend on what your definition of trolling is. His posts may be verbose (think some of yours can be as well), but I enjoy the verbosity in both of your and Dialogist's posts. He has some interesting points well worth reading. So do you in most of your lengthier posts.
linux1993
I can't agree with you more .But I always do this in school because I have no access to the Internet at home.
playfungames
I go the same message a couple of times. I kept ignoring those because I am really busy in my offline life and I have not been able to manage my points here. Today I came back because I have some time and I thought I could turn my negative points into positive.

I am also glad that my hosting is still active. I do not use it yet because of the errors I received in my website. The website which I planned to host here has been moved to some other place. But I still think that I can use this web host for some purpose. So I am keeping it active.

I think you should do the same. The amount of points required is not that high. It is not that difficult to make points as well. So be active for as far as possible. If you are too busy then, come here when you have the time and make all the points necessary to get you going for a month or two. It's fun in the forums as well. And if you come after a long period of time, you will have lots of topics to go through and discuss on.
pauline5765
playfungames wrote:
I go the same message a couple of times. I kept ignoring those because I am really busy in my offline life and I have not been able to manage my points here. Today I came back because I have some time and I thought I could turn my negative points into positive.

I am also glad that my hosting is still active. I do not use it yet because of the errors I received in my website. The website which I planned to host here has been moved to some other place. But I still think that I can use this web host for some purpose. So I am keeping it active.

I think you should do the same. The amount of points required is not that high. It is not that difficult to make points as well. So be active for as far as possible. If you are too busy then, come here when you have the time and make all the points necessary to get you going for a month or two. It's fun in the forums as well. And if you come after a long period of time, you will have lots of topics to go through and discuss on.


Which is kinda weird, I have negative points lately and I check the website that I uploaded and it's still online! Amazing how frihost is so considerate about it. Now, I'm really gonna be active to make up with the negative points I earned.
linux1993
Yeah, you are very right. I am about to forget another reason why I apply a frihost account. Aha, I want to enhance my english by reading people's posts and replying posts that make me interested. Besides, I need to keep my wwbsites hosted by frihost online. So ,let's make post frequently~~
BigGeek
I go through the same thing all the time, I've been hosted for years Very Happy Some months are better than others where I post a lot, and the topics are interesting. Other months like the last two, life is really busy and it is difficult to keep my post count above zero.

All in all I have to say that I do not mind being made to post to keep my free website, it is a small amount to pay in terms of time for the free hosting. As far as topics go, if you want to get into a deep discussion with lots of controversy you can always visit the "Faith" and "Religion" Forums and post with the believers or as I am a non believer. Bikerman usually has some great insight and incredible knowledge so usually there is something to learn as well.

I also like the vehicle and transportation forums but they have been pretty dead lately.

Summer is usually not the greatest time for being on the web, because in Colorado there are a lot of things to do outside that limit how much time I am on the computer. Like this post, I was -4.40 and needed 5 points so here is another of my long posts to get five points.

Hope that is OK!!! Cool
deanhills
BigGeek wrote:


Hope that is OK!!! Cool
More than OK. Always nice to read these posts. Cool
bukaida
It is not asking any money for a professional level hosting. Only the active participation. So once in a while we should find some time to post here. Anyway, although it is stated that having negative points may discontinue your hosting, but the Mods ( and ofcourse Bondings)are kind enough to generate sufficient warnings before actually executing that.
Related topics
Points and staying active
Active log
Active?
FTP problems --> Use Filezilla and/or active mode
devination of "active"
Active
Knoppix STD
Link Active status
access active directory ldap server with php
Active X
making the last 5 active topics appear on my homepage?
www.active.frih.net
Active Directory Integrated DNS
What does being active on the forums mean?
Active Mode on FireFTP and Connecting to Frihost...?!
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> General -> General Chat

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.