FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

have you ever been to france?

sanchixx
have you?
deanhills
Yes I have. But only to Paris though. Stayed over night. Got almost lost in streets that seem to be running crooked instead of straight. Eventually I got the hang of it, by using instinct instead of reason.
ayour
yes i have been there for 3 years for education in paris .

while i was studying i visited other cities like lyon , boreaux , nice , sant-etienne ....

it's a wonderful country and food tere are excelent people are good too
TheLimey
Yes I have been to Calais, not nice there just go there for the cheap booze. I been to Paris which is overrated.. too much bird poop. I have been to Normandy for the history of WW2, it is a great thing to see. But for a great vacation, go to the south of France, its nice weather and a better environment.
walsh
Yup,many times.France is like my second home land because this land feels me that i am native of this land.Paris is an awesome city where you can find and see the fashion on top and also the world's most latest and modern fashion. Eiffel tower is more than like a wonder for me.
amagard
When I was a student I have been in Paris for one week - a must-see city of course ! And in the South, near by Nimes. I remember it had been very hot there.
And I spent a three week vacation in the Brittany. Great landscape at the coast, but I recall it has been raining for almost the entire three weeks. Well, the name already suggests that they have very British weather there most of the time.
RosenCruz
A country on my top list to visit. Hopefully I will, someday
Insanity
I spent a few weeks there with my family when I was very young. I don't remember much of it, other than having walked around the Louvre (which is HUGE by the way) and eating some French food. I remember there were escargot (snails) and French onion soup. The soup was delicious but the escargot was too much for my younger self to handle. It was an amazing trip though, and I loved it every minute of it. I wish I had the time and money to go back.
TheLimey
I do feel Paris is overrated tbh though.
ShannonHBC
I've spent a few days in Paris. That was all right I suppose. Wouldn't want to go again though.
deanhills
I don't think I want to go back to Paris, but would be nice to see what the South of France looks like though.
JustinnSoto
I always like to visit different different place and now my next plan is for France. I have many times heard about the France's beautiful locations. Many people say that France is a very romantic place and it is only a reason why I want to go there.
testsoc
The best thing to do in France is to leave Paris! There are some many great places to visit. Check out Normandy, the Alps, the Cote d'Azur, Provence, Auvergne, and that's just to name a few. So much diversity and culture in one little country, and it can be completely missed if you just hang out in the Ile-de-France.
24aug2013
I've been to many places in France. Very disappointed with Paris, but maybe I was expecting too much. Countryside is great, but I never got on with the people - I always felt a bit unwelcome. Maybe it's just me.
jajarvin
In 1973 I visited Paris. I went to the grave of Napoleon, studied paintings in the Louvre. During the five days I got to know almost the whole of Paris.

But one thing that was left to do at the time. I did not visit the Eiffel tower. I thought that the next time I come to Paris, and I will perform the first visit to the Eiffel Tower.

Almost 40 years have passed since that time, and I still have not taken the promise I gave. Remains to be seen if I'll still visit the Eiffel tower.
ninacax
I've been to Paris in 2011 for 7 days and I just loved it.
I was travelling Europe for 31 days.
Hope to go there again any time soon
jsk02a
I went to Paris last summer, I loved all the history...but it is definitely overrated. I went to Meuse-Argonne as well for some American WWI history, and the south of France is definitely where you want to go vacationing.
Afaceinthematrix
Yes. I have been to France. However, I have only been to Paris. Also, I only spent about four hours roaming the city because I was just transiting between Madrid, Spain and Munich, Germany. I must say that I never had a desire to go to Paris and I still do not have a desire. I felt that Paris was the most stereotypical city that I had ever been to. It was crowded, the streets were cobblestone, people drove around mopeds, almost everyone seemed to smoke, and on every corner there was a shop selling bread, cheese, and/or wine. The city held every stereotype that it has. Furthermore, unless you love history or stereotypes, then there is no reason to go there. When I was walking through, I felt that I knew everything about what I was seeing because I had seen movies that took place in Paris. Obviously, if you're into history and artwork then there are plenty of things for you to do. I did see the Eiffel Tower but it was little different than the one in Las Vegas or Tokyo Tower in Tokyo.

I would like to go back to France but I would want to visit all of Southern France. I like scenic and nature far more than big cities anyways. I would want to visit the French Alps, the beaches, etc. Paris just didn't have too much to offer someone like me.
Sabbadon
Afaceinthematrix wrote:
Yes. I have been to France. However, I have only been to Paris. Also, I only spent about four hours roaming the city because I was just transiting between Madrid, Spain and Munich, Germany. I must say that I never had a desire to go to Paris and I still do not have a desire. I felt that Paris was the most stereotypical city that I had ever been to. It was crowded, the streets were cobblestone, people drove around mopeds, almost everyone seemed to smoke, and on every corner there was a shop selling bread, cheese, and/or wine. The city held every stereotype that it has. Furthermore, unless you love history or stereotypes, then there is no reason to go there. When I was walking through, I felt that I knew everything about what I was seeing because I had seen movies that took place in Paris. Obviously, if you're into history and artwork then there are plenty of things for you to do. I did see the Eiffel Tower but it was little different than the one in Las Vegas or Tokyo Tower in Tokyo.

I would like to go back to France but I would want to visit all of Southern France. I like scenic and nature far more than big cities anyways. I would want to visit the French Alps, the beaches, etc. Paris just didn't have too much to offer someone like me.

I lived near french border, cote d'azur is amazing but also "Riviera Ligure" is great too, same kind of lanscape Smile

Been in France many times, Nice Ville, Monaco - MonteCarlo, Cannes.. beautiful places.
Been in Paris too, but I prefer other cities in Europe like Copenhagen, Oslo, Dublin, Edinburgh and Barcelona Smile
deanhills
Sabbadon wrote:
Been in Paris too, but I prefer other cities in Europe like Copenhagen, Oslo, Dublin, Edinburgh and Barcelona Smile
I've never been to Spain. Really should make a concerted effort to get there, and I'd definitely include Barcelona for a visit. I've been to Paris too, did not make as memorable an impression as it should have done.
dude_xyx
Haven't been to France But Will be in next year probably. I have a long term friend there but she lives like 200 miles away from Paris near Spain. Looks very beautiful that area. She says too that Paris is way too overrated.
Nick2008
Nope, I've only lived in the Czech Republic for a year for business. I've always wanted to do a European road trip, hopefully it becomes possible in a decade for me. Very Happy
twotrophy
Nope I have not been there. There are many world famous places in France such as the Louvre, Disney Resort Paris and the Eiffel Tower. Visiting there would be quite expensive for me because I live very far from France. It could take a few years of saving up. I would want to go there one day. Are there any other nice places to go in Paris?
dude_xyx
I have read there are over 500 types of cheese is made in France. I don't I have tasted more than 5-6 types of cheese (I'm not French).
GfBL
I studied 2 year in Strasbourg an passed more than10 times my holiday in that beautiful country.
distrowarvor
Yes, I visited France because it's my country. Paris is a huge city but monuments are beautiful. The area of Brittanny is really wonderful ! And the area of Strasbourg and Alsace is really good to see too ! I love France and you have plenty places to visit here !
Insanity
France is a great place because there's so many great places to eat and good food to have.
johans
sanchixx wrote:
have you?

Not yet but i can feel it that its near to visit that place... yeah!!!
mshafiq
I did not visit yet.
amagard
In addition to my trips to France I mentioned above: just last year I have been in Paris for 1 week together with my wife. Actually this has been my present for her 50th birthday. I blogged about this trip in my Wordpress blog. Also here is a collection of photos from that trip in my flickr account.
jajarvin
I visited France a long time ago.
Maybe some day I will make an another trip to France.
Deline
I've never even been out of my country (Brazil). It's so expensive to travel that I have to save a lot of money all year. I want so much to know France, specially Paris, Nice, Lion and Strasburg *-*
kaysch
sanchixx wrote:
have you?

Yes, a couple of times as France is one of the neighbouring countries. I have to admit though I have not been there very often. Destinations visited include Paris and the southern coast.
Greetings from Hue (Vietnam) by the way where I am currently spending a vacation... This is a great Country, and I prefer it over France, especially at this time of the year where it is so cold in Europe. Very Happy
playfungames
No I have never been to France, but it is on my list to go. I know it will be really difficult in managing a trip to France but one day I hope I can gather all the resources and make it out there. It is such a nice place and I hear about it all the time, in movies, in songs and in writings. I would be really glad when I actually make it to France and may be even some other connected European cities and countries.
mshafiq
i did not have any chance to go there.
jamesparker
No not yet, But i would definitely love to
mikeperhem1
I visited paris with my wife and childrens last year we enjoyed lot.