FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Square-Enix

Monkeydog
Talk about this companys games, or their past games back when they were Square-Soft and Enix, to your hearts content. From Bahumut Laggon to Xenogears, any game. Chrono Trigger, Live a Live, Radita Stories, Threads of Fate, Seikin Denetsu, Star Ocean etc...

@Revo-X, no I have yet to pick up either Raditia or Romace, mabye next month... I've been playing a lot of FFIX though lately =/

I may pick up Radiata if it's cheap enough.
I know I'll try and get the remake of Romancing Saga though. =D
It's just that Square was at it's prime at the SNES...I can not think of one SNES game they made that disapointed me.(mabye Secret of Evermore)
I know they have disapointed me since they left Nintendo for Sony since the N64 used cartridges.
Totally disapointed me with the PS2 games.(possibly not Kingdom Hearts though)
Last game they made that I really enjoyed, was FFTA.
hmmm now I think I'll go play Live a Live or FFVI Razz
Revo-X
Guess what? I've already got Romancing SaGa !!! XD How great is that?! Haha... SNES... Well... I used to own a nintendo... But I don't have a super nintendo... So I couldn't play Final Fantasy... But oh well, there is a GBA and PS to make up for it. ^_^ Also, SNES roms are practically everywhere nowadays... o.o Secrets of Evermore... What's that? Mind telling me?
Monkeydog
Yeah, I have Romancing Saga too, I said the REMAKE though. Razz
Secret of Evermore is part of the Sekin Denetsu series(Secret of Mana, Legend of Mana, Sowrd of Mana...)it's for the SNES.
Revo-X
mine IS the remake. My Romancing SaGa is PS2's.
The graphics are funny. And I died when I tried it the first time.
But I like the weapons stuff. Skill stuff... Those kinda stuff!
Monkeydog
Oh Romancing Saga came out a few days ago Confused (I didn't notice xD )
To bad I don't have any money...
Revo-X
Intriguing that the topics are finally seperated. And btw, your radiata stories is spelt wrong. XD I wonder where I can get Chrono Cross and Chrono Trigger, places rarely sell PS games anymore. And the next generation console is nearly released. Shucks. XD
Lokine
Chrono Trigger is much better than Chrono Cross if you ask me. The only good Final Fantasies are those for the S/NES and maybe seven if it weren't so overhyped--nine is pretty good too, though. Live A Live is one of the best Square games I've played, and therefore so are the SaGa games simply because they play similarly and I love that gameplay style.
Monkeydog
Lokine wrote:
Chrono Trigger is much better than Chrono Cross if you ask me. The only good Final Fantasies are those for the S/NES and maybe seven if it weren't so overhyped--nine is pretty good too, though. Live A Live is one of the best Square games I've played, and therefore so are the SaGa games simply because they play similarly and I love that gameplay style.

0.o
Were the hell were you a few days ago.*shot*
Although, I'm not to much of a fan of either Live a Live or the Saga games Razz

Well on the Playstation site you can get Chrono Cross, and Final Fantasy Chronicles is not too rare.
Plus there are other ways to get Chrono Trigger*nudge nudge*

Plus there is always Ebay xD
I want so many games that I can get over Ebay...ecspecially Tales of Destiny sigh~...
Revo-X
I've got Tales of Destiny. It's from Enix? I didn't know that. Hmm... Interesting... The "other ways", I always use it. Really. You know my Romancing SaGa. It's obtained using the "other way". *nudges* I think you know what I mean. Yea? XD Anyways, PS games, even using the "other way" it is still rare... I mean... Most just sell PS2 ones. Oh well... Just my luck. I missed all the good games. Argh. Sad
Monkeydog
I can't play it the "other way". ;_;
I have to buy them the good ol' fashioned way...but Ebay is kind of like a savior...I guess...

Tales of Destiny is Namco.
Revo-X
You can... Unless you can't find the shop. Surprised Hehehe... Good ol' fashion is so exp man. O.o But anyways, Tales of Destiny was ok I guess... Anyways, mind telling me the stories of the Chrono Series?
Monkeydog
I don't really know much about Cross since I never finished it.

Trigger though, I'll try and be as vague as I can so I don't spoil, is about this guy who gets sent back in time do to this freak accident at a fair one day and has to go save this girl. Eventually the go back and something happens and they find this time gate sending them to the future. They learn about this creature who destroys the world in 1999 A.D. and they vow to stop him to save the world.
trickstott
It entertains me that Square had to delay FF12 when it was already finished. Apparently they handed it over to their testers and the only response they got was: "It's not even remotely fun."
I'm sad to see it delayed again, but perhaps it will be better that that attrocious FFX-2.
I was actually surprised to see them delay it, frankly I thought that the new Square-Enix didn't care if they made good games.
Monkeydog
trickstott wrote:

I was actually surprised to see them delay it, frankly I thought that the new Square-Enix didn't care if they made good games.

Since when have they made a good game?
They made like a decent game...and that was FFTA... >.>
Revo-X
What is FFTA ? Decent games? They made plenty I guess... ? If not plenty, then few... XD Anyways, Chrono Trigger sounds a bit too lame. O.o Mind elaborating, I don't mind spoilers. ^_^
Monkeydog
Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced=FFTA
You should just play Chrono Trigger, I mean...you probably would get it illgealy anyways. Plus I'm way to lazy to discuss the plot since it's very...confusing when you talk about the Chrono Universe :S
Revo-X
I've played FFTA, but found it kinda boring, since alot of other "same genre" games are better. O.o E.g. Fire Emblem.
SunburnedCactus
Final Fantasy 7 was a classic RPG. Before they became interactive movies and the like
Monkeydog
Revo-X wrote:
I've played FFTA, but found it kinda boring, since alot of other "same genre" games are better. O.o E.g. Fire Emblem.

Yeah FFTA was meh. Still decent.
Just Fire Emblem, Tactics Orge, Bahumut Lagoon, and the orginal Tactics(escpecially Tactics) are better.
Revo-X
Bahamut Lagoon. What's it about? Never heard of it. Bahamut sure sounds cool though.
Monkeydog
Bahumut was only in Japan and you need the ROM and translation. It's kind of like Fire Emblem though.
SilverDogg
the games from square that i like are:

final fantasy 3/6 - the only good final fantasy game there is.
secret of mana - best rpg ever made!
secret of mana 2/seiken densetsu 3 - never released outside of japan, still a extremelt good game.
chrono trigger - wonderful rpg

and, not to be forgotten!!!

rad racer - a really fun racinggame for nes ;D
Revo-X
I've played secret of mana. It sure is an RPG redefined kinda thing. ^_^
Monkeydog
I was never a huge fan of Seiken Denetsu. Sure it is a good game, I'm just not a huge fan of Active Battle Systems. <_<
Revo-X
One thing u can't do.
U cannot AFK
LOL !

active Battle System sometimes get a bit too boring. As in, you press untik your fingers hurts. And sometimes the combos are hard to do. zzz
Lisianthus
I agree with silverdogg ^^ secret of mana is the best square-enix game out there^^
oh ye there is also a MMORPG game in development named Fantasy earth*which i look foward to*Smile
Kelcey
Revo-X wrote:
One thing u can't do.
U cannot AFK
LOL !

active Battle System sometimes get a bit too boring. As in, you press untik your fingers hurts. And sometimes the combos are hard to do. zzz

Absolutely. Back in those days I didn't mind. Now I do though.