FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Suggestion regarding competitions

Good or Bad?
Good - I like it !
100%
 100%  [ 2 ]
Bad - waste of time and space
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Yes but without Prizes
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 2

subhan1
Hi,
First of all thanks alot for a great service.
I would like to suggest the community to start some competitions (with or without Prizes).
Prizes can be domain names or membership.
Categories can be Scrpt - coding - Graphic designing or anything else Smile
truespeed
We do have competitions,see link at the top of the forum,unfortunately the last one was in May 2011,they started out as monthly,i think they have now become biannual. Wink.
ocalhoun
Member-run competitions could work, but they generally need more attention than they get way down in the contests forum if they're to thrive... I should know; I've tried.

(Being a featured topic would be ideal.)

Something else that might work... appoint a new type of staff member to run frihost official competitions... Somebody who's active enough (I'm out, unfortunately) and cares enough about the competitions to keep them coming and pay attention to them.
Just someone who has permissions to:
*Create and run official contests
*Dish out prizes
*Create official announcements about them (ie, featured topics)
...Wouldn't even necessarily need to also be a moderator or admin... just somebody to run the contests.

I know featured topics have to be done manually, but it shouldn't be that hard to put the files in question in their own special folder and make an FTP account that only has access to that folder... or perhaps a database account that only has access to that particular table, if that's how the system works... Just a matter of setting the permissions up.
(And, of course, ... maybe this person could also add topics to the featured topic list more often... It's a great feature, but is very much underused, since it's very rare for anything to get featured other than official announcements.)

(I ran a few contests on my forum with nothing but special ranks up for grabs... and despite being on a forum much smaller than Frihost, they did fantastically well... It's all about giving them the publicity they need.)
truespeed
ocalhoun wrote:

Something else that might work... appoint a new type of staff member to run frihost official competitions... Somebody who's active enough (I'm out, unfortunately) and cares enough about the competitions to keep them coming and pay attention to them.
Just someone who has permissions to:
*Create and run official contests
*Dish out prizes
*Create official announcements about them (ie, featured topics)
...Wouldn't even necessarily need to also be a moderator or admin... just somebody to run the contests.

I like that idea,if Bondings doesn't have the time for them ,passing them on to someone who has would be good for forum activity.