FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

[HF] VLC media player v2.0.2 final FREE

sysna
no need to download this software from any external link, you can download the latest version directly from VideoLan website : videolan.org without any ads and ...
Josso
This is a perfect example of why checksums and common sense are used in software downloads.

Why would we need an HF mirror of this! DO NOT download this.
babypope
Josso wrote:
This is a perfect example of why checksums and common sense are used in software downloads.

Why would we need an HF mirror of this! DO NOT download this.

I don't understand you.Are you trying to say we shouldn't follow the above link and download it or what?
ghanster
Does this final thing mean that there wouldn't be any releases again or what?
manfer
It means that someone included here a link to download VideoLan from Hotfile -a file hosting-

VideoLan is free software that can be downloaded for free from its developers homepage.

The link has been removed because it could very easily contain malware.

Always download software from reliable sources and don't trust links from other sources.
silverdown
The current version is now 2.0.3 Very Happy
Marcuzzo
not sure if the link has been removed by an admin and editted the post but I can't see any link, all it says is that you can get it from the original website. Confused
also, I don't remember VLC not beeing free...ever...
Josso
Link was removed thankfully. Guessing it had some kind of nasties in it. I don't think VLC has ever had any other mirrors apart from sourceforge and if they did they wouldn't use hotfile lol.

Lockage or deletage perhaps?
blueray
If some file hosting sites are so dangerous. Why not put these to the word sensor list and filter it out automatically.

This way will free the time of administrators.
Josso
blueray wrote:
If some file hosting sites are so dangerous. Why not put these to the word sensor list and filter it out automatically.

This way will free the time of administrators.

Nah not really file hosting sites in themselves are largely perfectly legitimate - including hotfile. They get a bad name often because of things such as this.