FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How to build my own DNS?

likeabreeze
Given enough money, how to start?
k_s_baskar
Do you mean creating your own dns records like MX record / A record etc., then you can use DNS service provided by your registrar. several domain registrars give this service free of cost. if you did't get such service from your registrar you can install dns service in your server. (If you have hosting account with control panel like cpanel, directadmin dns service will be already installed and you can access it from your panel)
Smile
badai
if it's a dns server where you use to resolve your domain name, windows server have this functionality. but all domain registrar usually require 2 dns servers. you can fool most registrar by pointing 2 domain to your server IP.

then again, by doing that you already using someone else dns, and have extra domain for your dns server. why don't just use that someone else dns.

anyway, your question itself is kind of vague. maybe you can be more specific. all this Internet thingy usually don't cost much anyway. I know, some people (not big company, just people) spend a lot. and they usually ask "how much" instead of just "how". much like how you ask.
menino
Most people that start a DNS service, use it for Domain registrations and domains management, as far as I know.
The other few people who would want a DNS service are spammers for their own illegal means.

What would you want to start with your DNS service, if you have a plan?
dude_xyx
You need to buy 1 or couple of IP address with your hosting account. Set those up from Hosting Control panel (making subdomains). Then point both IP addresses 2 sub domains from your Domain registrar.
badai
dude_xyx wrote:
You need to buy 1 or couple of IP address with your hosting account. Set those up from Hosting Control panel (making subdomains). Then point both IP addresses 2 sub domains from your Domain registrar.

anybody understand this? seem like doing reverse dns. drunk? high?