FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Whats your favourite Breakfast

deanhills
Slice of toast with marmalade and lots of tea. Scrambled egg over toast. Bacon and egg.

I very rarely have breakfast. Mostly because I only get hungry half way through the morning and my work hours conflict with my natural breakfast time. Sort of peak working time then.
Ankhanu
I'm pretty fond of sausages with some maple syrup... rounded out with some hash browns, perhaps? Bacon is always welcome Wink

deanhills wrote:
I very rarely have breakfast. Mostly because I only get hungry half way through the morning and my work hours conflict with my natural breakfast time. Sort of peak working time then.

Ditto. It sucks Razz
Afaceinthematrix
I rarely eat breakfast because I am simply not usually hungry in the morning. But if I do eat breakfast, I like: tacos, burritos, pizza, spaghetti, salad, and many other things. Some people find my breakfast habits (when I occasionally eat) weird yet I think they're weird for calling me weird. I never understood the arbitrary concept of "breakfast food" or "dinner food." So just because it is eight a.m. I'm supposed to eat bacon and eggs or pancakes yet if it's six p.m. I'm allowed to eat spaghetti? That just seems silly. Eat what you enjoy most and I find "breakfast food" to be far inferior to "dinner food."
Ankhanu
Afaceinthematrix wrote:
I rarely eat breakfast because I am simply not usually hungry in the morning. But if I do eat breakfast, I like: tacos, burritos, pizza, spaghetti, salad, and many other things. Some people find my breakfast habits (when I occasionally eat) weird yet I think they're weird for calling me weird. I never understood the arbitrary concept of "breakfast food" or "dinner food." So just because it is eight a.m. I'm supposed to eat bacon and eggs or pancakes yet if it's six p.m. I'm allowed to eat spaghetti? That just seems silly. Eat what you enjoy most and I find "breakfast food" to be far inferior to "dinner food."

I certainly agree with this. Time of day does not limit my food choices; I'll love a curry in the morning just as much as in the evening.
Be that as it may, most people aren't like us... so I tried to work within the cultural framework of common breakfast choices.
lovescience
I think oatmeal is good. It takes little time to prepare for a breakfast.

Fruits in the morning taste especially good.
bukaida
You can have some more opinions about the same Here
standready
bukaida wrote:
You can have some more opinions about the same Here

Very good point. Kindly use the 'search' function for similar topics. This reduces duplicate topics filling the boards.

Since I did not reply to the earlier post:
lovescience wrote:
I think oatmeal is good. It takes little time to prepare for a breakfast.
Fruits in the morning taste especially good.

Agree for a quick breakfast. If I have time though I like steak and eggs.
foumy6
Well I know it may not be healthy, but I work at McDonalds, and I love their breakfast food, plus I get half off for employee discount, so for me its cheap and yummy
SpitsBeaT
Would do great with just 2 soft-boiled eggs, toasts and milo. Om nomz! Smile
BigGeek
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and eating a healthy breakfast stimulates the metabolism for the rest of the day. Usually I eat 3 meals a day, with two snacks, so in essence I eat every 3 to 4 hours throughout the day. Usually breakfast is the first meal that I eat within an hour after getting up.

Typically I'll eat chicken, tuna, or eggs (boiled) and fruit, and of course the coffee.

Usually I stay away from grains like toast, or cereal, and go for just the protein and fruit.

Typically I eat my fruit with my breakfast and mid morning snack, and then eat veggies with all my other meals throughout the day.

By eating every 3 to 4 hours you give your body a few things that it needs, like stable blood sugar levels throughout the day. Constant supply of protein in your blood stream throughout the day. Not to mention the fact that you will feel a lot better and have more energy.

Just my 2 cents on the subject!!
standready
BigGeek wrote:

But well worth both pennies!
deanhills
standready wrote:
BigGeek wrote:

But well worth both pennies!
Completely agreed. Great post BigGeek. Given me something to think about. Very Happy
Radar
Personally? Cereal.

I don't really have alternatives on that one.
spinout
All american food is!!!!!! Confused

hehe, I suppose the best is just yoghurt! lateron have a big brunsch instead!
Cmdoo
2-3 sandwiches with milk. MmmmmmmMMMmm
ujjwalshrestha
OJ, French Toasts, pancakes
sudipbanerjee
For me great breakfast is Luchi, potato curry and sweet. Luchi is a deep-fried flat bread made of wheat, very common food in eastern part of India.
Lieberman
a glass of milk is enough for breakfast...
Blaster
Lately i've been having Waffles and a cup of tea. Usually i'm not a big breakfast eater either...
fredynis
Sendvich with joghurt.. Smile
Greatking
eating breakfast, lunch and super very well is important for a healthy body.
eat breakfast like a prince
eat lunch like a king
eat super like a pauper.
its best to have breakfast by 9:0am.
baked beans, scrambled eggs, sausage, toasted bread and juice. that is my kind of breakfast
AlexJ
according to me and my daily breakfast.... some fruit like Apple or a glass of milk is enough for breakfast...
TurtleShell
steel cut oatmeal with brown sugar and milk, sausage, eggs and toast, with a side of orange juice and coffee.
chasbeen
Mines Peanut butter on Toast. It's got to be dripping with butter and enough peanut butter on it so that I don't hear the toast crunching as I eat it.
I also like whipped cream on my Americano Coffee.

What is your favourite breakfast and can anyone define a "Dutch" breakfast?
Ankhanu
There are a few answers here: http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-132879.html#1069917
cybersa
2 idli and 2 Dosa in College hotel.
TurtleShell
mm! that looks really good.
nickfyoung
deanhills wrote:
Slice of toast with marmalade and lots of tea. Scrambled egg over toast. Bacon and egg.

I am amazed at the variety of breakfast foods that people eat. Here, cereal is traditional with a piece of toast and jam or marmalaid. As a treat once a week bacon and eggs are good. My wife likes hers with fried tomato and hash browns. I just like a couple of eggs on toast with a rasher or two of bacon. Bacon has got very expensive so you can't have it too often. We have found a place that is selling it for $5 for a kilo which is about about half anywhere else so that helps. We now have bacon and eggs two or three times a week. Not good for the waist line though.
TurtleShell
just wondering, where are you from? you're talking about food in kilos, and "rashers" of bacon, but using the dollar symbol for monetary unit.

Always wanted to try fried tomato. How do you fry it? Just...slice it thin and heat in oil? With salt? Do you bread it?
nickfyoung
TurtleShell wrote:
just wondering, where are you from? you're talking about food in kilos, and "rashers" of bacon, but using the dollar symbol for monetary unit.

Always wanted to try fried tomato. How do you fry it? Just...slice it thin and heat in oil? With salt? Do you bread it?

Talking about the Australian dollar here. We went decimal about 30 years ago so everything is in metric now. Bit hard for us oldies who learned pounds and miles etc at school to convert it all. We used to be pounds shillings and pence for money so that was the biggest change to the dollar.

I just cut the tomato in half or if it is really big in three and toss it in with the bacon. It will cook through pretty quick and I turn it a couple of times. By the time the bacon is done, the tomato is done and some mushrooms if I have them which serve up and then quickly do the eggs.
menino
I also usually do not have breakfast in the morning, as I usually have to hurry up for work, and on weekends, I usually love to have brunch instead.

But if I do have a heavy breakfast (something like 3 eggs, with sausages and toast), I feel more tired and sleepy, unlike many people.

SO usually for breakfast, I will have a small portion of oatmeal mixed with bran flakes and some skimmed milk. Sometimes with raisins and nuts... and sometimes I add honey as well.
Sometimes, if I dont have time to eat it at home, I put it in a packet and at work, I put it in a plastic cup and add hot water from the drinking cooler, and have it that way.... i.e. without milk.

Sometimes for breakfast, I have a banana and liquid yoghurt, on the way to work.. and sometimes just an apple, whilst walking to the bus stop.
johnbell
my favorite breakfast is a Almond Honey Power Bar he is the best breakfast
alvarorojas4
Eggs, Sandwich, with cereal and Chocolate.
Yeah, I know It's alot but I like that!
dannygarcia
French toast and orange juice
_AVG_
Pancakes and waffles are just the best! Very Happy
sudipbanerjee
My favourite breakfast : Luchi, Aloor dum and Sandesh.

Luchi is deep-fried flat bread made of wheat; Aloor dum is a delicious dish of potato and Sandesh is made of milk and sugar.
spinout
right now it is fruit, apple or orange. also some vanilla yoghurt!
Cosmoslayer
What ever my mom cooks. LOL
chatrack
I like to have some thing sweet things, along with my morning tea.

I like Iddali and Spicey chammadi, which is a rice food and vegi.

Some times, Dosha and chammandi will do a great job
johans
brewed coffee, egg, hotdog and fried rice
linux1993
Cakes and yogurt, that is my usual breakfast.
Carmon
Hello everyone !!! Really nice above comments and everyone keep nice choice about break fast guys and i also want to share with you about my break fast when i get up early in the morning and like to eat banana and orange juice because banana clear my stomach and secure my body from many diseases....
Tuvitor
I love French Toast and I love bacon, but not at the same time.
fretview
Bacon, overeasy eggs, bread, coffeee
ghyster
Milk and eggs.
GuidanceReader
Chocolate Crepes are a favourite at the moment. Otherwise good ol' fashioned Bacon and Eggs is another. mmmm.. now I am hungry.
dharmin
Living in India and Being a vegetarian means my breakfast is a lot diffrent form what the rest of the world eats. Although for me too, it is still the most important meal of the day, but i just cant eat the regular bacon and eggs because of my religious point of view.

But that does not mean i cant have a wholesome and Tasty breakfast, here are some of the things that i like to eat for breakfast.

Cornflakes and Milk with Honey is Fixed for breakfast everyday, along with this i have one of the following depending on my mood or how much time i have to make breakfast :

- Batata Poha : made out of flattened rice and crushed potatoes, its a very tasty dish and easy to make.

-Paneer Sandvich : A regular sandvich made out of paneer (a regular cottage cheese in India), and rest of normal sandvichy stuff!!

-Aloo parantha : A regular item in a North-Indians breakfast. This is a type of Indian flatbread stuffed with potatoes, it can be eaten for breakfast, lunch and dinner. its pretty time consuming to cook this, so i eat this for breakfast from last nights leftovers.

-Idlis and Dosas: This is typical breakfast of the people of South-India. Much like Pancakes, it needs some sort of batter to cook, i have no idea how to make that batter and i just buy that readymade. Tastes delicious with coconut chutney.

- Jam Toast : This is my backup breakfast when i am getting late or dont have anything else to eat. I end up eating this for breakfast most days of the week!