FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How much water do you drink a day?

lovescience
bluepig83
If you're talking about water by itself, possible 20 fl. oz worth. But we also get water in other forms, including our foods, and other beverages like coffee, smoothies, teas.
Mr_Howl
I drink lots of water. I used to drink a lot of soda, but now water is my primary beverage.

So probably at least 6 glasses.
linux1993
Sometimes I will drink different glass of water according to the container.In general enough to me .
Davidryan
Well it is matter of fact that water has always been important for all because of the fact that no living creature can survive without it . Moreover,people have different opinions on how much water should be drunk but recent studies show that people should drink at least 15 glasses of water regularly .
cybersa
I don't calculate but i will drink more.
Josso
On it's own I'd say probably about 2 pints every 6-8 hours.
rjraaz
I think 5 - 6 liters of water, I consume in a day.
Peterssidan
This is a hard question. I drink water when I'm thirsty or while eating without thinking about how much. I don't usually drink anything else than water, and I drink more water in the summer than in the winter.
lovescience
The adequate intake water for men is about 13 cups,
that is about 3 liters a day.

And the adequate intake water for women is about 9 cups,
that is about 2.2 liters a day.
belmonte12
I start my day by drinking 2 glass of water every morning. Then in between morning and evening i try to drink as much as 4 or 5 glasses of water. Again at night while sleeping i drink 2 glass. This is a very healthy routine as also suggested by many doctors to remove all the toxins from the body. Water plays a big role in keeping your body fit and healthy.
inuyasha
Your topic remainds me that I should drink some water now~ Very Happy

I'm not sure, 5 cups per day perhaps? I don't like water when I'm not really thirsty or hot.
metalfreek
I think the recommended amount of water is about 3 liters a day, correct me if I am wrong but I think my water consumption is about 2 liters a day.
medesignz
rjraaz wrote:
Thats insane... What do you do?
Ghost Rider103
medesignz wrote:
rjraaz wrote:
Thats insane... What do you do?

That's nearly 12 bottles of water (more bottles of water are .5L). That is quite a lot.

I believe the recommended amount of water to drink in a day is roughly 2L. This is 2L of pure water, no including the water you get from foods and sodas (well maybe they count sodas, but I wouldn't, I don't drink soda anyways).

I drink roughly 6 bottles of water a day. Sometimes I do drink quite a bit more water than other days, just depends on the temperature outside and what it is I'm doing on the day.
medesignz
Ghost Rider103 wrote:

That's nearly 12 bottles of water (more bottles of water are .5L). That is quite a lot.

I believe the recommended amount of water to drink in a day is roughly 2L. This is 2L of pure water, no including the water you get from foods and sodas (well maybe they count sodas, but I wouldn't, I don't drink soda anyways).

I drink roughly 6 bottles of water a day. Sometimes I do drink quite a bit more water than other days, just depends on the temperature outside and what it is I'm doing on the day.

Yesterday I bought myself a 500ml bottle which I will use for all my water intake... I think that is the best way to keep track of how much of the wet stuff I have had had.
mgeek
About 8 tall glasses of water.
medesignz
I've realised that I dont eat or drink that healthy over weekends and public holidays :S
Sinclair
Every person has different capacity of drinking water.But an average man can drink 6 to 8 glass water in a day.It is not rule of thumb.Drink maximum water as you can.It is good for health.There are many problems which can be solved through drinking maximum water.
medesignz
Sinclair wrote:
Every person has different capacity of drinking water.But an average man can drink 6 to 8 glass water in a day.It is not rule of thumb.Drink maximum water as you can.It is good for health.There are many problems which can be solved through drinking maximum water.
What is Maximum Water?
the-guide
There are recommended that we should drink at least 5 to 6 glasses of clean water in a day.
But I always drink more than that each day. Smile

medesignz
Is there a drink that is even more beneficial to us, rather than water?
kmr_mukund
he he he its a joke 4 me
i really drink 500gm water everyday seriously!
i know water iz needed for a good body and also for physical fitness
as per doctors they are telling to drink atleast of 5 liter everyday !
but everyday i forgot to drink water while hearing from others that water iz good for health
then i decided to start from today but i know how much lazy i am so i know my today will never come !
playfungames
I drink around 3 liters of water in a 24 hour period. I drink most of it during the night.
medesignz
is it doctors who recommend this or nutritionists?
tonberry
Mr_Howl wrote:
So probably at least 6 glasses.

Six glasses is a lot? Very Happy I don't drink in glasses, but if I would, I would drink about 13 glasses. And I used to drink twice as much.

How much a person should drink depends on few factors, mainly how hot it is and how much aerobic exercise one does.

Optimum liquid is tea of some sort (not black tea though). Mineral water contains minerals, which do more harm than good. Their absorption rate is 1-5% and the rest goes out, or settles down in places it shouldn't.

The best kind of water is reverse osmosis water, but it shouldn't be used when pure. Something always needs to be added, because after reverse osmosis treatment water absorbs whatever is around. When it goes through organism, it absorbs precious substances from it instead of bringing them in and leaving without.

The only downside of drinking decoctions is that it makes kidneys work hard to process it, so very high amounts can stress them a lot. By very hard I generally mean 20+ cups, but it depends on the organism of course.

It seems like a lot of confusing information, but it's actually very simple to implement. I got about 15 different kinds of dried plants from around the world that have tons of vitamins and minerals (green tea and yerba mate are the most popular ones). Everyday I make 4 decoctions out of random plants and decoction in special large glass. Also one or two times 0.7 of pure reverse osmosis water with lemon pieces well mixed in.
medesignz
tonberry wrote:

Six glasses is a lot? Very Happy I don't drink in glasses, but if I would, I would drink about 13 glasses. And I used to drink twice as much.

How much a person should drink depends on few factors, mainly how hot it is and how much aerobic exercise one does.

Optimum liquid is tea of some sort (not black tea though). Mineral water contains minerals, which do more harm than good. Their absorption rate is 1-5% and the rest goes out, or settles down in places it shouldn't.

The best kind of water is reverse osmosis water, but it shouldn't be used when pure. Something always needs to be added, because after reverse osmosis treatment water absorbs whatever is around. When it goes through organism, it absorbs precious substances from it instead of bringing them in and leaving without.

The only downside of drinking decoctions is that it makes kidneys work hard to process it, so very high amounts can stress them a lot. By very hard I generally mean 20+ cups, but it depends on the organism of course.

It seems like a lot of confusing information, but it's actually very simple to implement. I got about 15 different kinds of dried plants from around the world that have tons of vitamins and minerals (green tea and yerba mate are the most popular ones). Everyday I make 4 decoctions out of random plants and decoction in special large glass. Also one or two times 0.7 of pure reverse osmosis water with lemon pieces well mixed in.

Wait, What? Are you saying that water is bad for us now... I like to drink tea... I'm British after all... So are you saying that water from a tap is better from water in the spring?
mshafiq
water is essential component of our life Every day we lose water through your breath, perspiration, urine and bowel movements. For our body to function properly,we must consume water and eat food that contain water like water melon
According to me Water Is the Best Drink
I could never manage to drink more than 6 glasses a day so yesterday what i did i fill the jug of glass with water and kept it at my desk. Today is my second day and I am doing better. Now i am making habit of drinking of water,like i am making routine of drinking at least 6 glass of water daily.
subhan1
not quite much :$ 6-7 glasses
asnani04
I drink about 8-10 glasses a day. I hope that's sufficient for keeping me healthy.
medesignz
connel wrote:
Hi all,
1 to 8 glass of water drink at daily base and this is good for health and body muscles.Water is good source for maintain the blood pressure and also good for eye wrinkles.

What is the latest you should drink in terms of hours before you go to bed, to stop irritation through the night?
setfirework
I drink 2-3liters of water a day.
It depends on your body weight.
Drinking water is never bad.
It helps to flush out the toxins and keeps your body and Skin healthy.
dharmin
i dont keep count but i am pretty sure its more than the required 3.7 litres daily average!
also there is the added bottle of gatorade now and then!!

P.S. I also pee a lot!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
medesignz
Is there not alot of confusion here?

I'm pretty sure the recommended daily intake is no where new 3.7 litres of water a day.

Sure that must be total fluid intake.

Someone please clarify this...
medesignz
davidnewtoon wrote:
There is different opinions available about how much water we should drink in a day. According to me, everyone should drink at least 8 to 10 glasses of water in a day. Water is a very important for us because it gives some extra energy to save food and do some extra activities.

Water gives us energy? Thats a new one on me...

Where did you hear that?
hakaner
I usually drink 2 liters of water a day, but can be even more in the summer.
darthrevan
I defiantly don't drink enough, I really don't drink water. The only water I get, is what is in sodas and coffee and so on.
Lishmares
I think i drink something like two liters per day.
medesignz
smithjoe wrote:
You should drink 3 to 4 liter of water but it should be the healthy water.A healthy water means it contains all the vitamins and minerals which are useful for health and body.Healthy water pure from harmful viruses and bacteria.It help the body so well and fill up the body needs of water.Body consists 60 to 70 % water.Water keep fresh the skin.It flows out all the toxins and viruses from body and clean it up.

Who gave you this information... Surely you can actually drown yourself if you drink this much water on a daily basis... Isn't this why the kids died on Es in the 90s?
Lishmares
3 to 4 liters a day is a lot, it is recommanded to drink 1,5 to 2 liters every day. But you still can drink 3 to 4 liters if you want you're not gonna die if you do so, but you will surely go to the toilet a lot more often. Razz
mshafiq
i thing consuming three litre of water per day keep you away from dieases
chartcentral
As someone who easily gets dehydrated, I drink a lot of water each day! I haven't really counted as to the amount of water I actually consume though. I'll do my best to monitor my water intake by tomorrow so I could give you guys a figure next time. Smile
johannespilz
i drink 2-3 liter per day. although i was once told by a chines doctor that we should rather drink less and then in small portions than drining 1 liter 3 times a day. cause that would just flush away all the usefull salts in our bodies
medesignz
chartcentral wrote:
As someone who easily gets dehydrated, I drink a lot of water each day! I haven't really counted as to the amount of water I actually consume though. I'll do my best to monitor my water intake by tomorrow so I could give you guys a figure next time. Smile
Sounds like a good idea, I also will start to monitor my intake Smile
milkshake01
I drink about 5 to 7 glasses of water everyday.
alongkichu
Four to five glasses a day. I think I really need to up the intake here! I am worried now Sad
andro_king
I usually don't calculate it.
I hope i am taking sufficient amount of water regularly because i am healthy.
samanyolu07
i drink 3-4 lt. a day

antalya, especially in the summer is very hot, then drink 5 liters of
medesignz
alongkichu wrote:
Four to five glasses a day. I think I really need to up the intake here! I am worried now Sad
If you're still alive, you're drinking enough... dont worry Very Happy
loveandormoney
3 liter a day.

Also Kombucha.
Most time I am drinking red or green tea.
During wintertime I am drinking more.
deanhills
loveandormoney wrote:
3 liter a day.

Also Kombucha.
Reminds me that I should get Kombucha again. Got a real nice taste. Do the 3 liters include the tea?
loveandormoney
I am drinking both
tea for example peppermint
and
self made Kombucha.

3 liters is both.
I drinking tea and kombucha because of the taste also.
medesignz
deanhills wrote:
loveandormoney wrote:
3 liter a day.

Also Kombucha.
Reminds me that I should get Kombucha again. Got a real nice taste. Do the 3 liters include the tea?

Thats where the confusion lies. the daily recommended allowance includes all fluids, no matter how you take them on.

(as a drink, or through foods)
deanhills
medesignz wrote:
deanhills wrote:
loveandormoney wrote:
3 liter a day.

Also Kombucha.

Thats where the confusion lies. the daily recommended allowance includes all fluids, no matter how you take them on.

(as a drink, or through foods)
OK that makes me feel a little better. I drink lots of tea, but not that much water. Some times under a liter of water.
Jasson
Water is the need of our body. I think there is no any restriction of drinking water. We can drink water as we want to drink. Well i drink at least 12 glass of water in a day. I think it is enough to drink.
zaxacongrejo
The science is not in drink as much as you can because that will force your kidneys to work more than needed, the science is to drink what you really need, once I’ve been told that humans with age tend to lose that perception so doctors tend to advise them to drink x liters of water a day
medesignz
I think, like I said before, if you're still alive, you're drinking enough water.
Radar
medesignz wrote:
I think, like I said before, if you're still alive, you're drinking enough water.

Perspective. Nice.

For me, it varies, depending on how conscious I am of the old saw about drinking eight cups of water a day.
mshafiq
i am not drinking a water a lot but it is recommended to drink at least three litter of water daily,water is very important component of body.
medesignz
Isn't it true that the average human is made of 95% water?

What if we were to drink another 5%?
ZeytinGrafik
Changes according to the season: in winter i drink about .5 liters of water per day which is not enough. But i also drink 2 liters of tea. In summer i drink about 4-5 liters of water per day. The city that i live in goes above 40 degrees celcius, so we all loose most of the water by sweating.

@mshafiq: Then we would be water.
kate124
In summers, I usually take 6 to 8 glass of water and in winter, it reduces to two or 3
codegeek
About 3 litres a day. I have stickers on my water bottles with the time written on them. So, I know how much water I should be drinking between, say, 7 and 8 am. A simple yet effective trick.
theShadow
My dad asks me to drink more, but I drink about 5 cups a day! I don't have any acne though! Beautiful healthy skin Very Happy
Atwater
I stay hydrated when i am dehydrated or while eating without thinking about how much, i don't usually consume anything else than the water, and i consume more the water in the summer than in the winter.....
rafaht
Oh, depends. In summer and piece of spring, i drink much water, because on the city I live, is very hot.
But, in winter and autumn, i drink less.
Arnolde
lovescience wrote:

I drink 2.5 gallons of water daily as water is vital for life and health. Water prevent us from dehydration and regulates body temperature also. Water helps with metabolism and helps in reducing and managing body weight. Water makes our skin healthy, moisturize air in lungs and protects our joints.
twotrophy
I drink a lot of water every day but I am unsure of the exact amount so I will just make a guess. I think that I drink about 6-8 cups of water a day.
johans
lovescience wrote:

Now, i drink 1 glass a day.

Usually i drink coffee about 3 times a day. I guess i should change my life style then.
medesignz
Heatwave in the UK means I've been going through a lot of glasses of water over the past few days.
deanhills
Great thread this. Got me drinking more water. Razz
12phabie
about 9 glasses a day and that is not counting coffees and sodas
Cruxader
Not enough.

I should drink 64 oz a day, but I probably get more like 32-40 on most days, if I'm lucky.
mshafiq
I try to drink 8 glass of water daily
Nyasro
Well... I drink not much, Bad habit and we should drink 5-6 liters I think!
12phabie
I drink about 9 glasses of water a day. I work really hard as a housekeeper and to keep up and not be sluggish I have to drink a lot of water a day,. so most of the time I have my big jug of water with me and bring some bottles for my coworker as well. I used to drink just one bottle a day but once my supervisor collapsed and was sent to the emergency room for dehydration so the next day after this unfortunate episode I started drinking 9 glasses of water a day. no joke.
Denzel
There is no any limit with drinking water so we can drink water as we want to drink. It is beneficial to drink lot of water for living healthy life. Water has so many health benefits.
panolga
Usually, a human being needs between 2-3 litres of water per day. This depends on the person's weight, which is, in fact, proportional to the quantity of blood in the body. These 2-3 litres is not simply the water you drink, but is also the fluid contained in vegetables, fruit, and other food, consumed.
In general one does not have to worry about this question, because our body has its own control mechanism to tell us when we need to drink (by feeling thirsty); and by trying to control this artificially, we can end up breaking this mechanism. People who really have to take care how much they drink, e.g. people with specific health problems, people performing very active physical exercise or work, and people who are situated in regions of very hot weather.
In fact, the idea to drink water during heavy sport exercise, or other kinds of activities causing dehydration, is not good at all. In these cases the body indeed needs water, but this can only be usefully absorbed after the activity, but not during. If, e.g., one asks a marathon runner how much they drink during the run, the answer will be "a few sips"; and this is not just water, but some energy drink.
(Former professional long-distance runner.)
medesignz
So infact those runners who carry a water bottle are not actually doing anything other than carrying extra weight?
Blummer
I do drink about 2-3 litres. Can't live without a bottle of fresh water, being either at home or somewhere else.
panolga
Answer to Medesignz:

Yes, those runners, who carry a water bottle with, are carrying extra weight and what’s more, they make themselves feel heavier. That’s what the wild horses’ hunters always knew – make a horse first tired after a long run, then give it a chance to drink enough (in a lake or some where else) and it is yours very soon.
Bluedoll
It varies and could be anything from two cups to ten. I seem to want different amounts of water depending on how much I retain water, what I eat and how much I exercise.
75alex
I barely drink any water during the day, or even anything, however i'd say about a liter on evenings, where i'm always thirsty. I don't know why i have this weird habit, started like a year ago :p
medesignz
Haven't been too well lately (over the worst now) but drinking lots of water has really helped me in my recovery for sure.
zimmer
now 1 glass. I need to increase it more.
mshafiq
I am trying to drink six to eight glasses every day as many people said it is very important.
dmbi601
I drink only one litre of water per day.
tonberry
2-3 liters of water should be the absolute minimum most adult people drink per day. It all depends on the temperature and physical activity levels too.

The type of water matters too: every tea should be counted as half water (ie. 2 litres of tea = 1 ltre of water). Drinking too much tea is not good for the health. Drinking juices too (an awful lot of sugars, vitamins mostly absent and when they are present, they mostly come from artificial sources which means poor absorption).

A water from reverse osmosis is great when prepared with something, but it is not healthy to drink it alone, as it is devoid of almost anything, which gives it the property of absorbing stuff from whatever it passes by. It then goes out with urine, which means that the solo reverse osmosis water flushes the body of a lot more nutrients than normal water does.

Taking it too far with mineral water is also not always a healthy choice - people with a tendency to form kidney stones know well how much it can turn their bad situation into worse.

In other words, it's best to generally mix things up Smile
medesignz
Does it not depend on what tea you actually drink?
Pippo90
Two full bottles, i.e. about two liter and something, which should be fine according to the "8 by 8" rule of drinking eight glasses of water per day (and a glass is usually 8 ounce).
tonberry
medesignz wrote:
Wait, What? Are you saying that water is bad for us now... I like to drink tea... I'm British after all... So are you saying that water from a tap is better from water in the spring?

Every source of liquids has its advantages and disadvantages (drinking fuel may not be the best idea though Very Happy ) It is just like with everything else: too much from one source provides diminishing positive results and increases negative effects.

As for tap water, it really depends on the source. The quality of tap water varies greatly from city to city.
medesignz
tonberry wrote:
Every source of liquids has its advantages and disadvantages (drinking fuel may not be the best idea though Very Happy ) It is just like with everything else: too much from one source provides diminishing positive results and increases negative effects.

As for tap water, it really depends on the source. The quality of tap water varies greatly from city to city.
This has really blown me away!

Do you think it is better if I were to balance literally everything in my life?

It's OK to eat a burger 1 day as long as I have salad the next etc? This is AMAZING Very Happy
tonberry
medesignz wrote:

I'm saying that every form of fluids has its pluses and minuses. Alcohols included - a moderate amount of wine is proven to be very beneficial, but there is a very popular myth that it causes cirrhosis of the liver. Ironically, French people suffer from it way less than your average country. Hell, there were times and places where most fluids people consumed was some form of alcohol (due to the ever-present killer bacteria) Very Happy
medesignz
tonberry wrote:
I'm saying that every form of fluids has its pluses and minuses. Alcohols included - a moderate amount of wine is proven to be very beneficial, but there is a very popular myth that it causes cirrhosis of the liver. Ironically, French people suffer from it way less than your average country. Hell, there were times and places where most fluids people consumed was some form of alcohol (due to the ever-present killer bacteria) Very Happy
I have a love hate relationship with alcohol, and its partly down to a previous lifestyle I had, and also down to upbringing. I believe it is red wine that has the benefit, not to sure about white or rose.
tonberry
Medesigns sorry, I forgot about your question.

There were studies (I can't find the link right now though) that proved people who eat terrible food one day a week are as healthy as those who eat properly every day. The most popular explanation for this is not that this is too little to disturb the body per se. The organism needs a tougher ride from time to time to keep in shape. It is the same with immune system, but exposing oneself to extreme conditions often results in better immune system while the same sure can't be said about junk food Very Happy

There are two problems with this attitude. First, people who make a habit of eating junk food one day a week may easily get a habit of eating it more often - it's addictive. Two, crossing that line seems to drastically change the conditions, as eating junk food two days a week already has some serious health consequences.

Personally, I enjoy that trash from time to time when I'm on the move and don't have the time to get a proper meal Smile
medesignz
tonberry wrote:
Medesigns sorry, I forgot about your question.

There were studies (I can't find the link right now though) that proved people who eat terrible food one day a week are as healthy as those who eat properly every day. The most popular explanation for this is not that this is too little to disturb the body per se. The organism needs a tougher ride from time to time to keep in shape. It is the same with immune system, but exposing oneself to extreme conditions often results in better immune system while the same sure can't be said about junk food Very Happy

There are two problems with this attitude. First, people who make a habit of eating junk food one day a week may easily get a habit of eating it more often - it's addictive. Two, crossing that line seems to drastically change the conditions, as eating junk food two days a week already has some serious health consequences.

Personally, I enjoy that trash from time to time when I'm on the move and don't have the time to get a proper meal Smile

Thanks!

I feel that when I my body is in a worse shape (feeling ill, or even if I have been camping in the "freezing" cold) I tend to edge towards comfort (junk) food rather than the stuff that I know will be good for me.

I wonder how much of that is to do with mind set and how much it is instinct.
tonberry
Organism stores fat to protect itself from cold, so the reasons could be biological. Since you know better than your organism, maybe falling into that trap is not the best idea though.

You know that after you come back from camping, warm fireplace and sexy girlfriend await you, but your body doesn't Wink
medesignz
A body is a weightier thing after camping... HAHA
crystalkey
Not enough, to be sure.
Nyasro
I think i drink 1-2liters a day. Sad
medesignz
Nyasro wrote:
I think i drink 1-2liters a day. Sad
Dont be sad... That's really good Very Happy
BigGeek
Personally I try and consume at least a half gallon of water a day or more if I am working in hot weather or working out. Typically I drink a quart of water within the first hour after I get up, along with my coffee.

Typically I consume almost another quart during my workouts, and throughout the day I consume another quart.

I do not drink water with meals though, I try and stop consuming any water for an hour before I eat and for two hours after I eat to make sure I do not wash away the digestive enzymes and acids necessary to digest the food.

Problem that I have is that if I do not consume enough water and get dehydrated I end up getting migraine headaches, so believe me, consuming water is a big thing for me.

I do not drink many sodas and typically go for weeks without drinking one. If I consume a fair number of sodas a week I end up gaining belly fat, that disappears as soon as I stop drinking the sodas, so no sodas for this guy! Very Happy
markharris
Not much may be 5-6 glass a day.
pravojednostavno
usually 2-3 l, in summer more than 6
Jones2020
3 bottles haha Im thirstyy
Rusomuscle
Around 200oz a day or more.
jamesparker
Not even 3 glass now a days Sad
deanhills
jamesparker wrote:
Not even 3 glass now a days Sad
I'm the same and worried about it too, particularly since I live in a HOT country. But have resolved to work on increasing my intake of water. Just taken two swigs from a bottle right now. Razz
steeve
It about 10-12 glass of water in a day. Water keep hydrate my skin and healthy.
kaysch
lovescience wrote:

I guess roundabout 2 litres. That includes all liquids however.
dude_xyx
2 - 4 Liters depending on weather. In a hot day it might be even five liters.
mshafiq
doctor always said almost 8 glass in a day. But it is very hard to drink 8 glass
mshafiq
Always try to have 8 glasses of water but always forget