FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Silent Hill 2





codersfriend
I know it's a bit late but I just started playing this game a few days ago. Have you enjoyed playing this game? I'm playing the PC version. it looks interesting especially when I saw the trailer and story plot Smile
drunkenkoz
I played it and didn't like it that much.
codersfriend
oh really? what versions would you rather play?
drunkenkoz
I just don't like the series.
memno
Controls might be a bit clunky by today's standards
but it's still an experience you might want to take.
The atmosphere is unique, if you can get into it.
eden288
I played it and didn't like it that much.
wombatrpgs
eden288 wrote:
I played it and didn't like it that much.

Weird, it's like I've heard this opinion expressed before...
TheRPGLPer
I've played this on the PC and I have to say that this game could've been a lot better than it was. I like the Silent Hill series, but this game is my least favorite of the series.
nguyenvulong
There is a scary movie based on it ! Twisted Evil
wombatrpgs
nguyenvulong wrote:
There is a scary movie based on it ! Twisted Evil

Well I'd hope it would be scary, looking at the source material!
catscratches
I really didn't like it. I liked the beginning walk into town (before I realized you could run) but as soon as I got there it turned to B-horror movie territory with the main character acting illogically (the game wouldn't let me progress if I didn't do stupid, inane shit), bad voice acting and awful controls. Don't get me wrong about the controls, terrible fighting controls are only logical due to the character's inproficiency in handling firearms but I don't really buy the character being awful at simply moving around in general...

And then there were enemies all over the place, which I don't really get the point of. They're not scary at all, they're just a nuisance. (Horror rule number 1: don't show the monster.) I suppose that summarizes my experience of the game in general, doing anything in it is not scary, emotional, interesting, enlightening, unsettling or fun. It's just a nuisance. It feels like work, except I'm not getting paid so why bother? (I guess that's my feeling on games in general.)
Dementei

............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
wombatrpgs
catscratches wrote:
I really didn't like it. I liked the beginning walk into town (before I realized you could run) but as soon as I got there it turned to B-horror movie territory with the main character acting illogically (the game wouldn't let me progress if I didn't do stupid, inane shit), bad voice acting and awful controls. Don't get me wrong about the controls, terrible fighting controls are only logical due to the character's inproficiency in handling firearms but I don't really buy the character being awful at simply moving around in general...

And then there were enemies all over the place, which I don't really get the point of. They're not scary at all, they're just a nuisance. (Horror rule number 1: don't show the monster.) I suppose that summarizes my experience of the game in general, doing anything in it is not scary, emotional, interesting, enlightening, unsettling or fun. It's just a nuisance. It feels like work, except I'm not getting paid so why bother? (I guess that's my feeling on games in general.)

I thought the voice acting was hilarious and I always laugh when I hear it sampled in some random "hardcore" tracks.

As to #2: yeah, fear of the unknown is so much greater. Lovecraft sure knew that.
catscratches
I thought the soundtrack was excellent, though.
ateawonton
is a really good game it's got really good ambience for a survival horror game, I beat it recently and I was really happy I did because it's actually pretty hard, I was playing on hard for action and my advice for first-timers is to save on shotgun ammo, the shotgun is actually quite easy to use in defeating the final boss but of little use for other bosses.
ZeytinGrafik
as a silent hill fan since the first game:

the first game was great. i never liked the resident evil games (mostly because of that door/stairs animations while loading) and I've played all the games to the end. When i saw the first game on the ps1 i was hooked.

the second game was better in some ways and worse in others. The plot was nice and the game was neither short or long.

the third game was arcade-ish but was quite good.

the fourth was not bad but not good either.

the fifth being a piece of ****.

and the wii and ps2 remake of the first game is no good.
ateawonton
it's really good, I like the new voices featured in the HD Collection version for PS3
Vanilla
codersfriend wrote:
I know it's a bit late but I just started playing this game a few days ago. Have you enjoyed playing this game? I'm playing the PC version. it looks interesting especially when I saw the trailer and story plot Smile


I know the feeling, being late to the party. Very Happy I started playing it about 2 weeks ago and I have finished it three times as of today. I was really hooked by this game. You have no idea. This was my first time playing a survivor horror game and in the beginning I was so freaking scared I wasn't really able to play it. I only watched my brother playing it and sort of "helped" him with he puzzles (my brother is kinda desperate, guess it's because he grew up playing games like Resident Evil and the like). I need to say that I'm a coward and I don't deal well with fear. One day I just started playing and decided to go until the end of it.

As for you who say that it isn't scary at all, Jesus, you sure are tough guys. The Toluca prison scared the crap out of me. I don't know what is worst: when something happened or when nothing happened at all. Lots of jumping into endless holes, lots of dealing with scary puzzles... I sincerely don't know how I was able to finish this game (more than once!) being the scared cat I am. I really liked it. I'm thinking of playing the other games from the Silent Hill franchise now. Very Happy
codersfriend
I liked the story of silent hill 2. It was also known as one of the most depressing games
codersfriend
cool I think there is also an rpg of silent hill in psp
wombatrpgs
codersfriend wrote:
cool I think there is also an rpg of silent hill in psp

Shattered Memories, you mean?
TheGremlyn
I vaguely remember this game. My brother brought it home some years ago when we were pretty young and I tried to play it. I walked through all that fog to get to the town and then crazy stuff started happening. I was instantly scared out of my mind! I may have played for 10 minutes before shutting the system down and vowing never to touch it again! I'm a wimp when it comes to these sorts of games anyways.
codersfriend
wombatrpgs wrote:
codersfriend wrote:
cool I think there is also an rpg of silent hill in psp

Shattered Memories, you mean?


No It is Book of Memories. But it is more like a hack-and-slash action game with role playing elements.
wombatrpgs
codersfriend wrote:
wombatrpgs wrote:
codersfriend wrote:
cool I think there is also an rpg of silent hill in psp

Shattered Memories, you mean?


No It is Book of Memories. But it is more like a hack-and-slash action game with role playing elements.

Ah, alright. I'm not all that familiar with the series.
ZeytinGrafik
By the way the new games on the silent hill setries is not as good as the old ones. beware.
wombatrpgs
ZeytinGrafik wrote:
By the way the new games on the silent hill setries is not as good as the old ones. beware.

People say this about every series though.
codersfriend
catscratches wrote:
I really didn't like it. I liked the beginning walk into town (before I realized you could run) but as soon as I got there it turned to B-horror movie territory with the main character acting illogically ...

I think the main character is suffering something wrong as stated in their wiki page. Some things like leaving the car open or getting an item from the toilet. It could have been the effect of his grief
catscratches
wombatrpgs wrote:
ZeytinGrafik wrote:
By the way the new games on the silent hill setries is not as good as the old ones. beware.

People say this about every series though.
I don't think so. The general consensus is that Silent Hill 1 and 2 are the better games. In many other series, the census is different. Ocarina of Time is generally seen as a highpoint of the Zelda series, rather than the first game.

Whereas nostalgia is certainly a part, I still think it's safe to assume that the main measurement behind the general consensus is quality.
refgl1
i'm scared with this game type Razz
but sillent hill is a interested game serie Smile
Laro696
Ah I just love this series!
Ok I've only played 1, 3 and Origins.
I just like the fact that it is so much scarier than the Resident Evil games.
The intricate puzzles also always amaze me.
I'm hoping to get Shattered Memories on the wii soon. I guess it will be better then the ps2 one?
wombatrpgs
Laro696 wrote:
Ah I just love this series!
Ok I've only played 1, 3 and Origins.
I just like the fact that it is so much scarier than the Resident Evil games.
The intricate puzzles also always amaze me.
I'm hoping to get Shattered Memories on the wii soon. I guess it will be better then the ps2 one?

Well they've certainly had the time to improve.
diarte
Not scary as the first episode, still a miliar stone in the gaming evolution. It also had some of the most epic soundtrack ever made.
Related topics
Silent Hill
Silent Hill
Yeni Silent Hill: Efsane Geri Dnyor!
Silent Hill Vs Resident Evil?
your scariest monster!
Meshuggah - Catch 33
Upcoming Games to Movie Adaptations
Favourite game? (OFFICIAL THREAD)
What ur top 15 games?
Que juegos tienes para tus consolas de juego?
El mejor FF...
Zelda "ocarina Of Time"
Japanesse Music, Have you try to hear it?
Simpsons movie coming!!!!
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Sports and Entertainment -> Games

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.