FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

FTP account creation Problem with Sub Domain

bukaida
I have created a sub domain under my main domain. Now I was trying to create a FTP account for that.
What ever option I choose is returning an error saying "You donot own that domain". However the folder with the sub domain name is created under the main public_html. For an example--

Main domain: www.abc.frih.net

subdomain: www.student.abc.frih.net

In the FTP Management, I tried--

user name: student@abc.frih.net (The red part was already there).
Password: XXXX
confirm password: XXXX
option: what ever I set over here gives the same error " Cannot execute. You do not own that domain."

What is wrong with this procedure? Also I want that the sub-domain user should not have the access to the content of main domain from FileZila.
Bondings
I went into your account and was able to create an ftp account and it went fine. Maybe the username you chose was already taken?

Also, please understand that even if it's possible to restrict the access to files through ftp, if you give someone access to that ftp account they will be able to access/view your other files. Why? Because the files that are uploaded are still executed with your username and in your account and hence have access to your other files. They can simply upload a php file that displays all of your files (eg echo file.php).
bukaida
Thanx Bondings. However-

The only ftp account was my primary id (default) so far. There was no other FTP account.

I just wanted to host some academic projects and let my students have a hands on experience how the real thing works. So my intention is that, they should be landed on the sub domain directory once login through FTP. They will not dare to mess up as long as they are my student Smile. I will simply delete the FTP account, once the project is over.

I will try to create it again and let you know the result.
bukaida
Sorry, Out of luck again even after following the path for the testftp account created by you. The screen shot attached--

Bondings
Maybe if you use lowercase characters. Also check if the directory exists.

And if it still doesn't work, just pm me the details and I'll create it. (or post them here, just not the requested password obviously)