FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

THE DARK KNIGHT RISES

rogue_skydragon
The anticipation is over! The third installment of Christopher Nolan's Batman trilogy has finally come to theaters. Share your thoughts and questions about the movie here! But please be respectful of those who've not yet seen it - NO SPOILERS!
bluepig83
When I first heard it was close to 3 hours long, I was pretty exited, b/c I felt that would give the director sufficient time to develop the characters and the story. Sadly, I was mistaken. It was an okay movie, but it didn't quite live up to the hype for me. I personally enjoyed the 2nd in the series that much better, perhaps b/c the Joker provided a more riveting villain than Bane. I felt the 3rd installment squandered its potentially poignant moments. The recent Spiderman reboot, on the other hand, did an excellent job of affecting the core of a person's being.
subhan1
was waiting for it Smile
Radar
Avoiding it for now. Hear me out on this.

I liked Batman Begins, but the Dark Knight was considerably... well, darker, and more intense. Even after rewatchings, I still struggle to pick out all of the visual details that they packed into the film. I think if I wanted to appreciate Dark Knight Rises, I'd want to do in a form where I could pause and process what was happening, aka hire.

Yes, I'm not a huge fan of seeing movies in the cinema. I just have to not be around people discussing the plot for a while.
LostOverThere
Spoilers, obviously:

Before I start, let me just say that I thought The Dark Knight Rises was good. Really good. But even still, it has a mountain of issues, and is probably the weakest in the trilogy. It's no Batman Begins and it's definitely no Dark Knight.

The biggest problem the film has is that it's overly long. It feels really bloated and spends the first half of the movie wandering around aimlessly with a bunch of loose plot points not really knowing where to go. It's not tight at all.

TDKR also lacks any really good set pieces - not just for a Batman film, but for films in general. There's dozens of magnificent set pieces in both BB and TDK, whereas Rises seems to settle for all out fist fights across Manhattan, sorry, I mean, Gothom. With that being said though, the plan bit at the start and the football stadium were both quite special.

Also, Bane is pretty blah, and a really bizarre choice for a villain considering his mask pretty much impairs his ability to have any sort of meaningful personality.

Finally, there were still a lot of plot points left unresolved. What happened to Jonathan Crane/Scarecrow?

With that being said though, I thought the last 45 minutes were sublime to the point of nearly being perfect. The ending itself with Alfred was spectacular. That couldn't have been better.

All in all, it's still a good film, but just not something that's "above criticism" like a lot of people claim. It has issues.
_AVG_
I've been hearing a lot of good things about this movie and can't wait to see it! Hopefully within the next week Smile
silverdown
I'm definably going to see it, I seen some behind the seen on youtube and it looks pretty cool. God bless all those injured by the terrorist shooter at that one AMC theater.
benjietimogan
wew new movie,,
benjietimogan
is joker here???
benjietimogan
is joker here???
menino
No Joker isnt in this one.
I liked the movie, it was good and done nicely.
But * spoiler alert*, I didnt like the fact that the end fight of bane and batman was done so quickly, unlike the first fight, but I guess its just a story to a lot.
Bane was a good villain though... probably not as good as the joker, but still good and strong as well, especially with the one on one with batman fights.

Oh, and I loved "the bat" the flying craft that has VTOL (vertical take off and Landing).
Also loved the bike again.

If you haven't seen it - watch it... its definitely worth a watch.
Blummer
Quite many positive reviews. Haven't watched this one yet. The reboot has been influential for so many other reboots, but Batman is distinct one.
mgeek
I liked the cat woman as played by Hathaway. Sleek and sultry.
Mr_Howl
Saw this twice. I didn't think it was as good as The Dark Knight, but still an excellent film.
rogue_skydragon
Mr_Howl wrote:
Saw this twice. I didn't think it was as good as The Dark Knight, but still an excellent film.

I completely agree. It isn't quite as deep or well put together as The Dark Knight. The Dark Knight Rises feels like it tries to appeal to the public as a typical popcorn summer blockbuster, but still a decent film imo.
_AVG_
Finally saw it after a Lon wait! I must say, what an awesome movie Very Happy
How does Nolan come up with such stuff? Bane is excellent and Batman is amazing as well. Cat woman, Blake, Gordon and all other characters are good too. The climax is one of the best I've seen and this ends the trilogy well.
Blummer
Same with me, finally watched it..It's very well crafted, the upside as always is the way the actors play. The downsides - have to figure them out... Smile