FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

The server date was a day in the future

Bondings
I just found out that the server date was wrong (a thank you to deanhills for spotting it, by the way), more precisely a day into the future.

I have changed the date to the current time now. However it will cause quite some problems with posts ordering and similar as we are now a day in the past as the forum software is concerned (compared to the posts posted before I changed the time back).

I had to flush the sessions tables, so that might cause you to have to login again. (to make posting possible again for people who posted recently)
Bondings
I actually had to disable the flood control to get it to work. Clearing the sessions tables didn't help.

My apologies if this causes some new posts to appear not at the end but before some earlier posts (that were supposedly posted tomorrow).
watersoul
Wow, it's made a bit of a muddle of the "View posts since last visit" search option, am I right in thinking that by midday (ish) tomorrow (Monday) the search results will be back in step?
deanhills
I deleted a post I made under the Hijab thread in the Phil&Rel forum, because when I made it it appeared 10 posts before the one I commented on. Am waiting for 1:30 p.m. 23 July to post it again (7 hours from now). Hopefully Matrix will repost his post in that thread too.
pauline123
Glad to have this fixed! Thanks you Bonding. I had not even noticed it. Then again I have been busy lately, which might explain why I did not notice that. Once again thanks and it is nice to know that you are on the ball with things.
inuyasha
I hadn't noticed it... Shocked But it's true that I had to login again~ Thanks, bondings~
cybersa
Thanks for fixing that.

My post is showing at first at this thread:
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-140362.html
standready
Bondings wrote:
I just found out that the server date was wrong

How does something like this happen? Sever just jump a date or what?

Anyway, Wow, a lot went into correcting. As always, Bondings, thanks for your efforts and this great community you founded.
Ghost Rider103
Well that explains why I had to type my login information in manually for the first time in quite a while.

It's too bad some post will always be out of place. Good find though, glad its fixed.
airh3ad
I never noticed that things, thanks for the info.
standready
Ghost Rider103 wrote:
Well that explains why I had to type my login information in manually for the first time in quite a while.

I just had to type my login information again today. Brick wall What is up with that?
aminakoyim
Thanks for sharing...
Josso
Holy moley. Good job that was caught earlier it could have easily caused more trouble with other systems as well.

Reminds me my first computer always used to think it was 1952 every time there was a serious system error.
Bondings
standready wrote:
Ghost Rider103 wrote:

I just had to type my login information again today. Brick wall What is up with that?

For performance issues, I recently changed the sessions tables to RAM-only. This should make it a lot faster, but has the side-effect that every time MySQL crashes or restarts, all the sessions are gone and you have to log in again. If this causes too much of a problem, I can switch it back to the previous situation.
the-guide
I didn't noticed that issues, but thank you very much for fixing.

alvarorojas4
Isn't the first time that this happens. Glad that it's fixed Very Happy
quex
Shucks, there goes my window to the future. >_< I was gonna make SO much money off that...

(j/k, thank you for the fix.)
wombatrpgs
Thanks for the announcement, I was really confused there for a minute, haha.
evablast
thanks for the fix
standready
Bondings wrote:
standready wrote:
Ghost Rider103 wrote:

For performance issues, I recently changed the sessions tables to RAM-only. This should make it a lot faster, but has the side-effect that every time MySQL crashes or restarts, all the sessions are gone and you have to log in again. If this causes too much of a problem, I can switch it back to the previous situation.

Thanks for the explaination, Bondings. Nice to know why I had to. Happen again today as well. Not a problem to re-enter information. Kindly don't switch it back.
michat34
thanks, finally
donoob88
this shall not occur no more, thanks xD
nanan02
thanks!
NgocHuyPAV
Thanks Razz