FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Hollywood actors - muffled at times?

deanhills
Don't know whether others have experienced it. Maybe I'm going deaf or something but at times, particularly with Hollywood movies, I have difficulty to actually hear what the actors are saying. It's almost as though they are swallowing words, sometimes almost whispering. Turning the volume up does not help either. I don't get DVD's that often but when I do I always activate the English Sub-titles so I have something to fall back on.

It's not with all movies however. Just some. Last night when I was watching a TV movie, same thing. I played the scene back, turned up the volume, did everything, and just could not make out what the person was saying.
Josso
For some reasons there's no audio range compression on films. I know what you mean some are really bad - I have to adjust VLC from 50% to 200% sometimes when watching a film. A possible solution I was thinking of is putting an audio limiter on VLC and then turning the master up louder so the really loud bits just get cut down to whisper volume.
silverdown
Weird, I have no issue though I blast my tv and or connecting headphones or speakers so I never notice hehe Laughing
truespeed
Apparently the new batman movie has sequences where you can't tell what batman is saying,and that is at cinema level sound.

Some dvds i have the audio is really low,i have to have the TV sound up high to hear it,it isn't muffled,just low compared to when watching the TV.
Radar
I guess it's done for effect, and perhaps rightly so, but it does irritate.
Radar
I guess it's done for effect, and perhaps rightly so, but it does irritate.