FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Error 404 ..... How to Hide ...

macgyver
Not Found
The requested URL /somedir/somefile.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/1.3.33 Server at www.xxxx.frihost.net Port 80

ANybody knows how can I HIDE ... the xxx in www.xxxx.frihost.net to become www.xxxx.com

Thanks for your kind advice
thame
macgyver wrote:
Not Found
ANybody knows how can I HIDE ... the xxx in www.xxxx.frihost.net to become www.xxxx.com

There is a way to edit the Error pages in your cPanel, it is one of the icons, but I'm not sure if you are allowed to change that part of the error page.

Maybe if you make a complete page (ie. in your own layout), the xxx.frihost.net will be at the bottom of the page so nobody will notice.

Or you could register a domain, they're pretty cheap at like 8 dollars a year...

Very Happy
charliehk
I cannot see why setting the Error pages is not allowed. But I don't think it will work! I think alternatively you could apply a subdomain redirection, e.g. from cjb.net

thame wrote:
macgyver wrote:
Not Found

There is a way to edit the Error pages in your cPanel, it is one of the icons, but I'm not sure if you are allowed to change that part of the error page.

Maybe if you make a complete page (ie. in your own layout), the xxx.frihost.net will be at the bottom of the page so nobody will notice.

Or you could register a domain, they're pretty cheap at like 8 dollars a year...

Very Happy