FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

css question

budazz
ei can anyone teach me how to create a rounded tip in css...
Grimboy
Rounded boarders? Well you have a background picture in a containing box.
budazz
yes how?..
fearnot
Hi! You CANNOT make rounded it rounded in css. The sites that have this, use images sliced to pieces, and put in a table, or frame or framset.

Myb it helps.

PLEASE
haoys
it will be ok in css 3.0 Laughing

but now you can use some picture in order to get a rounded table
budazz
ok...i see... thnks
misterdimiz
Try to read this topic...

http://frihost.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=193

Wink
carriage_return
Ok, I'll try to answer you as fast and as clear as I can (since I have a few things to do, but I don't want you to go without your answer). I haven't used rounded borders myself, but I have edited layouts that used them, so I'll be passing along the information gathered from looking at them.

First of all, you will need a container block element in order to hold both the content you will produce and also the images required to make the rounded borders. I say images, because, from the 4-5 cases I have seen, the rounded borders are produced by adding images to the four corners of the container (or top and bottom if you are using a fixed width, which could create a less cluttered code) that are made from the background color; now this images, by having a z-number greater than that of the content (which should also contain a background color, and that without the aid of this images will look like a colored rectangle) will appear "above it" (which means that if they overlap -and the whole point is that they will- the little images will be seen on top of the content "div") and since they are colored with the same color as the general background, it will give the illusion of rounded borders. Why? as it's the color of the background it gives the illusion that you are erasing a little part of the content's div (which looks like a rectangle) borders.

And there you have it ... pity I don't have the rounded images to give you. I'll try to find them. Let me know if this was or not helpful and I'll try to improve it if it wasn't.

carriage_return