FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

A test html file :P

DingoYabuki
Test it if you would like Wink

<html>

<head>

<title></title>

</head>

<body>

<p>Sample page!</p>

<p>

<<strong>W</strong><em>h</em><u>e</u><strong><em>e</em><u>e</u></strong><em><u>e</u><strong><u>!</u></strong></em></p>

<p>

Nou!</p>

<p style="text-align: center">

Nou!</p>

<p style="text-align: right">

Nou!</p>

<span style="font-family: courier new, courier, monospace">Nou!</span></p>

<p>

<span style="font-family: courier new, courier, monospace"><span style="font-size: 72px">GDIAF!!!</span></span></p>

</body>

</html>
Navigator
Good, HTML 101.0001 course completed!
codersfriend
There's a little error in the line of
Code:
<<strong>W

where you added another less than sign
If you intended to add a less than sign, use &lt;
kevinkien
good, thank you
Gregoric
Also, it is recommended to store style declarations in separate, CSS files (one of many articles about that topic). But that's just a tip Smile
sonam
DingoYabuki wrote:
Test it if you would like Wink

<html>

<head>

<title></title>

</head>

<body>

<p>Sample page!</p>

<p>

<<strong>W</strong><em>h</em><u>e</u><strong><em>e</em><u>e</u></strong><em><u>e</u><strong><u>!</u></strong></em></p>

<p>

Nou!</p>

Nou!</p>

<p style="text-align: right">

Nou!</p>

<span style="font-family: courier new, courier, monospace">Nou!</span></p>

<p>

<span style="font-family: courier new, courier, monospace"><span style="font-size: 72px">GDIAF!!!</span></span></p>

</body>

</html>

I don't understand. Test it for what? Are there some error?

Sonam
boinsterman
I believe the code was either a test of a basic HTML document or an attempt to create a basic template. I recall doing similar things when I first learned HTML way back when. No offense, but for most of us this is pretty basic stuff.

What you need to do now is put the file in a directory on a webhost (such as your Frihost account, which you have now) and provide a link to it. Copy and paste the url from the address bar at the top of the browser, preferably into a url using the bbcode buttons at the top of the form for making a forum post, which is the one I am using now.

The bbcode would look like this (a nonexistent site):
Quote:
http://www.somesite.frihost.org

Make sure the filepath is correct. It is easy to get wrong. Your "public_html" directory is treated as your base directory. The server will look for an "index.html" page there first if not given a filepath or page name in the url.

Also, make sure it is the url anyone would see. The link shown in File Manager, at least in DirectAdmin, is not the same and reflects the fact that person accessing it is logged in (by comparing the IP address with that you logged in from). I reference this issue in another thread at http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-158093.html. While that issue is resolved now, it does illustrate the difference.
Marcuzzo
boinsterman wrote:
I believe the code was either a test of a basic HTML document or an attempt to create a basic template.

I believe that this was a cheeky way to get some points Razz
sonam
Marcuzzo wrote:
boinsterman wrote:
I believe the code was either a test of a basic HTML document or an attempt to create a basic template.

I believe that this was a cheeky way to get some points Razz

I can agree with you Marcuzzo. The code text is not in code bracket, the tons of inline styling, no error post, etc. don't give me good reason for posting.

Sonam