FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Generating Fixture Lists

welshsteve
Hi everyone. I have no idea where to post this so thought I'd try this forum first.

I am trying to generate a fixture list for a league of 9 teams, so one team gets a bye each week. Each team play each other THREE times. Because of the BYE, each team will therefore play 24 matches in a season. I want each team to have 12 home matches and 12 away matches. But because of the bye, my formula is resulting in only have the teams being given 12 home and away matches. The others have either 13 home and 11 away, or 11 home and 13 away.

Does anyone know how I can get around this?
wellerchap
Steve, have you tried contacting the governing body of the sport you're tring to arrange?
Maybe they have a system you could tap into?
I know when the Football fixtures are produced in England/Wales there's a whole raft of other considerations to think about - policing on a particular weekend/nearby teams never playing at home at the same time/local council events etc etc...stuff regular Joe Public never even realises is an issue - hence re-arrangements...the BBC website had an interesting article on it this year (though they offered no solutions you could use) - there's is just stuffed into a computer & spat out the other end.
Good luck....may just have to boil down to an old fashioned pencil & some paper, a pot of coffee & a few hours of intense concentration.