FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Server 2/3 was down some time (17/07/2012)

Bondings
Server 2/3 was down this night for a few hours, including these forums. It has now been restarted. I'll update when I have more information about the reason.
deanhills
Sounds like a sleepless night for you Bondings. Thanks for sorting it all out. The Forum seems to be back in business at same fast speed as before.
Bondings
deanhills wrote:
Sounds like a sleepless night for you Bondings. Thanks for sorting it all out. The Forum seems to be back in business at same fast speed as before.

Yes indeed, I couldn't really sleep before it went back up.

And unfortunately I didn't get anything back about why it stopped working. I assume either a regular crash or power outage/problem. And it took very long for the dc to reboot it, maybe because the server wasn't the only one down (just guessing).
deanhills
Thanks again for all of the effort in sorting things out. Hope some of it was educational at least and you're able to catch up on lost sleep.
silverdown
Yesm Thanks for all the hard work you put into giving us awesome service Very Happy Exclamation
truespeed
I didn't notice mine was down but thanks for fixing it. Smile
codemaster
I hope you can prevent things like this from happening. You really can get the job done. I hope no further errors can come this way. Let God bless FriHost.
Bondings
codemaster wrote:
I hope you can prevent things like this from happening. You really can get the job done. I hope no further errors can come this way. Let God bless FriHost.

A server crash is not always preventable. Maybe sometimes if software is the issue it could be prevented, but if it's a hardware issue or power failure there isn't anything I can do about it. Heck it could be cosmic radiation flipping a bit in RAM which causes an error and crashes the server (this is actually possible).
codemaster
So that is what was causing the problem. How come that never happened with direct admin.
Bondings
codemaster wrote:
So that is what was causing the problem. How come that never happened with direct admin.

Server 2/3 has DirectAdmin too actually.