FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Nokia Lumia 900 Phone Price Cut Sharply 50 %

the-guide
Quote:
Nokia has cut the price of the Lumia 900 Windows Phone 7 smartphone in half in the U.S. market.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/ericsavitz/2012/07/16/nokia-cuts-lumia-900-price-in-half-in-u-s-market/

Nokia has dropped by half the price of its top-end Lumia 900 phone after it was launched just three
months. The price cut from $99 to $49.99 (£32) as the company attempts to lure in customers with
heavy discounting.

cfvergara
It sure seems like an awesome moment to buy a Lumia phone, I'm told they rock.

Also, are those dots at the end supposed to boost your points ratio? That doesn't sound like something you can do
william
That's hardly a big difference. For a moment I thought they cut the retail price in half (in which case, I would be lining up to get one), but because it's their subsidized price, it's barely a difference. Other phone manufacturers and carriers do cuts like this all the time, and I'm pretty sure it was possible to get a Lumia 900 for $50 with contract from other sellers (Wirefly, I think?). It might help sales if you buy on contract, but otherwise it's an insignificant amount when you consider the upcoming payments of the next 24 months.