FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

how far can a dog see?

ZapMon
how far can a dog see?

i'm bored and just wondering how far a dog can see.
yolandarker
farther than human
standready
A search provided many answers.
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_far_can_a_dog_see
http://www.ehow.com/how-does_4573934_dog-see-differently-humans.html
mshafiq
i really do not know if some one let us know then it will be good addition in knowledge.
fuzzkaizer
if you have a dog, or if you are confronted with dogs from time to time (maybe if you are the postman), it could be an important knowledge, how dogs perceive their surroundings.
they surely can't see that good, but they can smell things some meters ahead and even around the corner!
LxGoodies
Try it yourself, with your own dog. A dog can see movement better than us, eg when you throw a stick or ball, the dog clearly sees it flying away.. until it lands somewhere. From that moment on... the dog is lost.. he wonders where it has gone Smile

Also colors are percieved vaguely, e.g. when you throw a yellow or red ball into a green lawn field, the dog will not be able to find it. When it's blue, or white: no problem. By the way, the color blindness of dogs depends on the race. Some dogs have no problems, others have heavy problems with colors.

Lx
Peterssidan
It's not only about distance. The size also matters. The dog can probably see the sun but might not see an amoeba sitting on it's nose.
jajarvin
A dog sees quite well things nearby, but it has some difficult to see things far away.
grofet
I think the dog nose (for smelling) is better than dog eye (for seeing) for dog sense ability.
lovescience
Probably the dog's ears too.