FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What would you gift a one year old boy, on his 1st birthday?

psychorollercoaster
Hey people,

Need advice....

what would you gift a 1 yr old baby boy....on his first birthday?
cfvergara
Teddy bears, and stiff but soft chewable stuff for his/her teeth. He/She is not going to remember what you gave him/her anyway, so...
Cosmoslayer
A memorable memories when he grows up! Pictures with him. Smile
_AVG_
How about a cute toy or something he/she will enjoy for the next year or so?
wellerchap
Being totally practically minded, how about a) a month's supply of nappies (daipers?) or b) a little money in a savings account, for when he's old enough to know what to do with it for the best?
jmraker
Ask the mother or father for his favorite snack that they let him eat and buy some. There's a good chance they don't have a stockpile of that left. Also if you've taken some good photos, they're good as gifts.
inuyasha
cfvergara wrote:
Teddy bears, and stiff but soft chewable stuff for his/her teeth. He/She is not going to remember what you gave him/her anyway, so...

psychorollercoaster has already mentioned he's a boy... Teddy bears may not work~ Very Happy

I suppose toy cars can be a good choice~ I'm just thinking in my way~ I love toy cars and planes when I was still a little boy~
PS: I liked playing them and... destructing them.... Shocked
deanhills
How about a baby baseball cap?
IceCreamTruck
401k ... start him early on retirement plans! Smile
dannygarcia
A teddy bear would be the best option, if not buy him some clothes or something
spinout
A good spanking! Laughing ha bad joke!

A toy car!
TheGremlyn
I would usually suggest something soft. It kind of depends on the kid though. My nephew was already a pretty big boy by the time he was one and he was determined to walk around. We were able to get him trains like Thomas the Tank Engine and other toys that might help him learn. If this one year old is still pretty small and crawling around, maybe something they could use to help them learn to walk or just a soft stuffed toy that sings or is just nice to sleep with.

You could always tour around the toy stores and toy aisles until you see something, it's what I would do because I don't know what to get babies and kids.
grofet
I would like to give an educated toys since it's very useful for a little boy. After the boy grow up is can be use by his little sister or brother. Make sure the the educated toys is safe for little child and useful enough for the player / user.
rx9876
grofet wrote:
I would like to give an educated toys since it's very useful for a little boy. After the boy grow up is can be use by his little sister or brother. Make sure the the educated toys is safe for little child and useful enough for the player / user.

I want to suggest this too.
Besides what grofet mentioned,
you have to be careful that some toys got lead poisoning problems.
jajarvin
Love.
codegeek
wellerchap wrote:
Being totally practically minded, how about a) a month's supply of nappies (daipers?) or b) a little money in a savings account, for when he's old enough to know what to do with it for the best?

I agree. This seems very appropriate, as well as useful.
GuidanceReader
I just bought my 1 year old nephew a car garage set that was designed for 18mth olds +. It was made with larger cars that were made out of rubber (and thus chewable) and a plastic tracking that went with it. I thought I'd buy the slightly older age group recommendation, as it will only be 6 months until he reaches that age and then would get most value out of it. (this was also based on my own experiences with my own son).

Good presents for a 1 year old - sorting toys, blocks, stuffed toys, large cars, large lego (Duplo), books....
Radar
jajarvin wrote:
Love.

Well then.

I was going to say dinosaurs.

But sure. Just play the trump card.
limpands
A motorcycle, no just kidding. I would probably give him a teddy bear.
raaeft1
toys,clothes,a tricycle would be on my list for giving to an infant.
Insanity
Some cute clothes for him or something, although most gifts to one year olds are more appreciated by his/her parents than the baby
spinout
There is some great miniature tennis shoe to buy - they look cool as... A good present if there is a crowd!
RoylanM
I'd give him a toy ball to play with, infants and toddlers love balls and they just can't stop playing with them.