FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

JAva HELP

Dark-Tech
im studying Java now and im kinda irritated cause im using Bluej and my compilker refuses to work which ill hopefully be able to fix eventually but what i would like to know is: what is the java code if there is one which i believe there is to clear the terminal window
clogfan
Can you specify what you mean by "terminal window" ?
gamo
Dark-Tech wrote:
im studying Java now and im kinda irritated cause im using Bluej and my compilker refuses to work which ill hopefully be able to fix eventually but what i would like to know is: what is the java code if there is one which i believe there is to clear the terminal window

"terminal window" is mean thin client, isn't it? I think JSF is latest framework. It combines the strength of Struts and JSTL. Have you ever tried it.
clogfan
gamo wrote:
"terminal window" is mean thin client, isn't it? I think JSF is latest framework. It combines the strength of Struts and JSTL. Have you ever tried it.

You'll first have to better specify what you want to do. Then you can choose a technology / framework to realise it.
clogfan
Dark-Tech wrote:
im studying Java now and im kinda irritated cause im using Bluej and my compilker refuses to work which ill hopefully be able to fix eventually

I use Eclipse as development environment. It's a great environment, with lots of plugins available, and a very active community. You might consider to change IDE.
Dark-Tech
i may consider it changing that is but for the course im taking they use BLueJ

the terminal window is what displays stuff

like if i type
System.out.println("Hello, whatever"),
Hello, whatever

show up in the terminal window
clogfan
Ok, now I understand : the terminal window is sometimes called "java console" too. It's where System.out and System.err print the messages, and where System.in gets its input.

Actually there is no java instruction to clean that window, as that window is not a java object at all.

If you want to visualise something in java, you have to use either Swing & AWT (JFC) or Eclipses "SWT" (standard windowing toolkit). To start with, it's easier to use Swing/AWT, e.g. use a JFrame (which is a window) put a JTextArea in a JPanel, and set that JPanel as being the contentPane of the JFrame. At that moment, you can manipulate the JTextArea, e.g. using the setText method, and that way clean the text area.

I hope this helps you.
cokdes
Anyone can help me? I've been searching a rijndael algorithms code in java for many weeks. Anyone have that code. I really need it.
cokdes
I use netbeans 4.1 for environmental development. It's easy and also bundled with the newest java2sdk (1.5.0_02).
But I get some problems here. When I try to compile my old java file with this sdk (I build this java file in java2sdk 1.4.0), the compiler unsuccesfully run. Any suggestion?
clogfan
Maybe you had some variables in your code that were called "enum" ? As from java 5, "enum" has become a keyword, and can't be used anymore as variable name.

You should look at the output of the compiler for more information...
shabda
@dark_tech
the method you are searching for is
System.exit(0);
And btw use either eclipse or JCreator LE, both free. Eclipse if you are heavily into java. JCreator LE if you are just learning. Mightbe you will like to check my Java blog. Link in sig.
shabda
@cokdes
Was enum the prob and is it solved. If you still have that problem might be you will like to post the code here for all of us to see and comment.
bladercity
think
jan4984
I think the object java.lang.Runtime will help you.
You can run command "cls" to clean dos window by method "exec" of the object.
However,I dit not tried it myself.It's not a easy job to download j2sdk and config it to develop my java source.
cokdes
Anyone can help me? I want to make a exe file for java, and also the installation... Is there any tool or third party program?
shabda
If you are content with the fact that your users need to have JRE, then there are wrappers which will convert jars to exes. But if you need to have real EXes, ie no JRE at user needed then you will have to pay.http://www.google.co.in/search?q=java+exe&start=0&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official
mike1reynolds
cokdes wrote:
I use netbeans 4.1 for environmental development. It's easy and also bundled with the newest java2sdk (1.5.0_02).
But I get some problems here. When I try to compile my old java file with this sdk (I build this java file in java2sdk 1.4.0), the compiler unsuccesfully run. Any suggestion?

In researching how to write a simple cell phone app I looked a number of articles comparing Eclipse, NetBeans, Visual Studio, Nokia's development platform and a couple of others, and NetBeans was the winner chosen by the readership. I don't have any actual experience with anything other than NetBeans, so I couldn't really say from experience, but the web seems to think that Sun dos it best (NetBeans is a free download at sun.com).
Nyizsa
cokdes wrote:
Anyone can help me? I want to make a exe file for java, and also the installation... Is there any tool or third party program?

Yes, you have to pay for such a program. But I don't think it is a good idea compiling your Java program to an .exe. You will lose the platform independency - one of Java's goals. Either keep it as a .jar file, and tell your clients to download the Java VM, or make your program an applet and put it online.
AhmedSalmanJamal
Dark-Tech wrote:

I clearly see your predicament. I myself have started off with BlueJ when I was first programming in Java. However I would recommend you a better IDE, known as eclipse. This could be downloaded for free from www.eclipse.org . I am definitely sure you will love it. It allows for fluent object oriented and componentized programming in Java Smile
mschnell
I was wondering what microsoft's J# is. I have been using JCreator for a while now but I really love the way VisualStudio lays out the grunt work in making GUI's. Is there an easy way like that to make GUI's in Java?
Liu
cokdes wrote:

Why would you want to do that? The whole purpose of java is to be cross-platform.

This may be helpful when you're trying to do system commands, i.e. to clear your console screen. I think you're asking the equivalent of C/C++ system() command?

http://forum.java.sun.com/thread.jspa?threadID=462861&tstart=135

As for IDE, I would recommend Eclipse or Netbeans over BlueJ, but of course they're both a bit more resource intensive and "bulky". BlueJ will suffice for now when you're beginning java.
tobytobsen
use under windows:

System("cls");

and under unix:

System("clear");

this will tell the OS to clear the output console.

Toby
Liu
tobytobsen wrote:
use under windows:

System("cls");

and under unix:

System("clear");

this will tell the OS to clear the output console.

Toby

I thought System("") was C/C++ ?