FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

usb resets pc over and over

james99g
my pc keeps resetting it self over and over if you put usb's in it and dont know why every time i put one in and i have try to put one in be4 i turn it on but then it will not load at all Sad

put more ram in it but now if you put a usb in it makes the monitor text looks fuzzy and it will not let you do nothing unless you dont have one in Sad
zimmer
james99g wrote:
my pc keeps resetting it self over and over if you put usb's in it and dont know why every time i put one in and i have try to put one in be4 i turn it on but then it will not load at all Sad

put more ram in it but now if you put a usb in it makes the monitor text looks fuzzy and it will not let you do nothing unless you dont have one in Sad

Check your anti-virus and make sure it is updated. scan your USB. Try with to check your settings on BIOS on what USB functions..

Very Happy
james99g
it does it even if the HDD is not in and goes off if i put the wifi usb in it Sad or stops and goes fuzzy on screen Sad
SonLight
It sounds like there could be an electrical problem in the usb circuit. Do you have more than one usb port? If possible, see if the problem persists when you switch to another controller. You might also try disabling one or more usb ports in the bios to see if it fails even on a disabled port or only on an enabled one.

I have to admit I'm skeptical about my suggestion, but it seems to be acting somewhat like bad motherboards often do and a bad connection is an easy way to make motherboards fail.
Marcuzzo
I'd have to second SonLight's post.
you mostlikely have a hardware issue.

als try to disable the "automatic restart on system failure" option.
this may give you more info on the fault.

check this link for more info
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307973