FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

The secret of eating correctly

chasbeen
Some things you do not need to read a book for..
You need to stick to 3 meals a day period.
If you do that and have no snacks in between then you will gradually drop to your correct weight.

What else do you recommend ?
coolclay
No offense but that's probably the most simplistic and incorrect view of nutrition and diet I've ever heard. What if I eat 1000 empty calories (white bread for example) at each meal and don't exercise, or even worse chips, or some other highly processed fat and sugar filled food.

Many things go into healthy eating, and living and contrary to popular belief it ain't all about the calories and fat.

In fact eating small amounts throughout the day is actually healthier for you than eating a big meals 3 times a day, your body is more adequately able to process and use the things you eat rather than storing it all as fat for a later that never comes!

Eating foods that are not processed or very lightly processed is a good rule of thumb. Personally I try and keep most of my diet with less than 2 processing steps.

For example Stonyfield yogurt's ingredients are CULTURED PASTEURIZED ORGANIC NONFAT MILK, NATURALLY MILLED ORGANIC SUGAR, PECTIN, ORGANIC NATURAL VANILLA FLAVOR, ORGANIC REB-A (STEVIA EXTRACT), VITAMIN D3.

All ingredients are within 2 steps of there natural form.

Yoplait yogurt on the other hand has at least 2 ingredients that are highly modified and processed.
Cultured Pasteurized Grade A Low Fat Milk, Sugar, Strawberries, Modified Corn Starch, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Nonfat Milk, Kosher Gelatin, Citric Acid, Tricalcium Phosphate, Natural Flavor, Pectin, Colored with Carmine, Vitamin A Acetate, Vitamin D3.

Our bodies are better at digesting and using things they were designed for. Highly modified foods are unhealthy and have a large part in obesity, and childhood diabetes among other health issues.

Most importantly healthy eating is simple math A. make sure you get your recommended daily nutrients (preferably in a natural form vs. a multivitamin) B. Make sure your calorie output = or > your calorie input (AKA exercise and eat small meals).
And that simple equation will lead to a healthier lifestyle.
chasbeen
Quote:
In fact eating small amounts throughout the day is actually healthier for you than eating a big meals 3 times a day, your body is more adequately able to process and use the things you eat rather than storing it all as fat for a later that never comes!

Since the most obvious results of poor meal decisions are that you become overweight or not, I remain unconvinced about some of these other claims.

Where is the proof that eating food all day is better than 3 meals a day?
I'm afraid I am a little disenchanted with these claims that one rate and quantity is better than thr other.

I'm only reflecting on a regime I started a few years ago that has yielded good results for me.
I'm not sure that eating all day would have worked for me at all.
Come to think of it, it has been a complete disaster for some people I know.

Maybe for certain individuals different approaches are best.

This, for you, was best.

Anyone else got other suggestions?
deanhills
Awesome post coolclay. I always think that if it were that easy for people to lose weight, then every one would have been in perfect shape. Thing is different people relate to food differently on a psychological and physical level. Some people have a tendency to addiction for example, and so one would have to shape the diet in such a way that the foods that trigger addiction are minimized or completely cut out. Like bread for example. Some people may also be allergic to some of the foods so always a good thing to check on allergies to food. Always amazing how the foods we are allergic to are the foods we tend to over-consume (or be addicted to) as well.

I like your concept of the two processing steps. I'm definitely going to look out for that. I try to eat as close as possible to fresh food, but then of course "fresh" is relative here in the UAE where most produce is imported. I've learned it's much more healthy to eat local produce, but unfortunately there isn't that much available.

Then a positive attitude, being productively busy on at least one thing that we like to do and like to plan around, and working on being energetic, i.e. go out regularly and do things, together with exercise are also critical to a weight loss program.
Afaceinthematrix
chasbeen wrote:

Where is the proof that eating food all day is better than 3 meals a day?
I'm afraid I am a little disenchanted with these claims that one rate and quantity is better than thr other.

There really isn't proof that it is better. People always say that if you eat many small meals throughout the day that your body is constantly processing it and so your metabolism increases - that is unsupported hokum that people constantly say. The same goes with not eating at night (I constantly hear that eating at night makes you gain weight but that simply isn't true; calories can't tell time).

What, I think, is the real reasoning behind these suggestions are the actions behind eating at night or eating many small meals. Think about what happens if you eat at night? You've had a long day at work, you're about to go to bed, you're tired, etc. Which will be easier? Getting out the vegetables and cooking something healthy or popping a frozen pizza into the oven that will heat up while you change into your night clothes? Or... You eat dinner but then you're spending the last hour before bed watching television and you decide to snack on foods that are typical of watching television such as popcorn or chips.

As far as eating many small meals - you're simply less likely to overeat. If you confine yourself to three large meals then, theoretically, you're eating every 8 hours. Well... Your body has processed the food and your body is hungry after four hours and so you need to snack to get yourself to the next meal. So then you really end up eating every four hours with three giant meals that you don't actually need. This is, essentially, exactly what coolclay said. It's better to eat these small meals for that reason (your body processing the food). If you eat a giant meal and expect to not eat for 8 hours, then you'll probably end up wanting to eat in between. Therefore, why not turn that giant meal into a small meal with the intentions of eating again in another couple hours? You're still probably going to eat the same amount of meals (if you count snacks as a meal) but with smaller portions each time. Otherwise, that big meal is processed and stored as fat and then you're hungry and so you eat again. Skip that stored as fat part and eat enough for your body to process but not to have all those excess calories.

Theoretically, there would be nothing wrong with three major meals - or even one major meal - because all that matters with weight loss is calorie intake. People always ask me for my weight loss secrets or to give them advice and I tell them that there isn't one. The fact of the matter is that if you consume more calories than you burn you will gain weight; if you consume less calories than you burn then you will lose weight. Therefore, to lose weight, decrease your total calorie intake and increase your total calories burned until they are balanced properly.
deanhills
Afaceinthematrix wrote:
The fact of the matter is that if you consume more calories than you burn you will gain weight; if you consume less calories than you burn then you will lose weight. Therefore, to lose weight, decrease your total calorie intake and increase your total calories burned until they are balanced properly.
Not all people lose weight equally on this principle. Someone may have a problem with metabolizing fats or sugar in a way that the calories are not efficiently burned. The composition of meals relative to the person who is eating it does make a difference. Some people may do well on higher protein, others on high carbohydrate. We're not constructed the same.

My father believed in the three meals a day routine and he's always done well on it. But my sister has had a battle with weight all of her life. When she added smaller meals through a special weight loss programme (I think it's called Weighless) in South Africa, she started to lose for the very first time in her life. The food is also planned to be chemically in balance, i.e. right amount of protein/carbohydrates/fats, plenty of water, exercise, etc. She is eating three bigger meals and two smaller meals a day and that suits her. It wouldn't have suited my dad however. I'm a two meal a day person. Can't face breakfast in the morning. I'm naturally a brunch person. And then like my dinner at home at night. I've always done well on that however and if I cut down I usually lose weight fast as well, so have a different metabolism to my sister's. Next person may only eat one meal a day. Different horses different courses.
standready
coolclay wrote:

@coolclay: all excellent advise especially the above portion. Anyone who is diabetic is told this by their doctor to help maintain blood sugar levels.
Afaceinthematrix
deanhills wrote:
Not all people lose weight equally on this principle. Someone may have a problem with metabolizing fats or sugar in a way that the calories are not efficiently burned. The composition of meals relative to the person who is eating it does make a difference. Some people may do well on higher protein, others on high carbohydrate. We're not constructed the same.

No. Basically everyone does burn fat that well. The fact that some people need more protein or carbohydrates is irrelevant to my point. I was responding to the two common myths that eating more meals boosts your metabolism and that eating at night will make you fat. Everyone will need a different diet. Runners should eat more carbohydrates and people trying to build muscle should eat more protein (as well as carbohydrates).

Quote:
My father believed in the three meals a day routine and he's always done well on it. But my sister has had a battle with weight all of her life. When she added smaller meals through a special weight loss programme (I think it's called Weighless) in South Africa, she started to lose for the very first time in her life. The food is also planned to be chemically in balance, i.e. right amount of protein/carbohydrates/fats, plenty of water, exercise, etc. She is eating three bigger meals and two smaller meals a day and that suits her. It wouldn't have suited my dad however. I'm a two meal a day person. Can't face breakfast in the morning. I'm naturally a brunch person. And then like my dinner at home at night. I've always done well on that however and if I cut down I usually lose weight fast as well, so have a different metabolism to my sister's. Next person may only eat one meal a day. Different horses different courses.

That's both dietary and portion control. Two meals a day can give you the same amount of calories as 6 meals a day. Your sister eats small meals throughout the day that are probably low in calories because she is trying to lose weight. If your father eats 3 meals a day that add up to the same amount of calories as your sister's 6 meals (or however many she has) then he will consume the same amount of calories. A pound is about 3500 kcals and a kilo is about 7700. If you burn 3000 kcals a day and consume 2500, then you're on a 500 kcal deficit a day diet and after a week you'll have a total deficit of 3500 calories and will have loss a pound. After 2.2 weeks, you'll have loss a kilo.
deanhills
You're right Matrix. I did some research and there has been a study that has been published in the British Journal of Nutrition that proves that "Increased meal frequency does not promote greater weight loss in subjects who were prescribed an 8-week equi-energetic energy-restricted diet".

The only way to boost metabolism is through exercise. I managed to get hold of a copy of the article from our local University - it's linked to the Source Title below. Guess I got completely brainwashed by popular literature in the media.

Source: Br J Nutr. 2010 Apr; 103( 8 ) : 1098-101. Epub 2009 Nov 30.
Afaceinthematrix
deanhills wrote:
You're right Matrix. I did some research and there has been a study that has been published in the British Journal of Nutrition that proves that "Increased meal frequency does not promote greater weight loss in subjects who were prescribed an 8-week equi-energetic energy-restricted diet".

The only way to boost metabolism is through exercise. I managed to get hold of a copy of the article from our local University - it's linked to the Source Title below. Guess I got completely brainwashed by popular literature in the media.

Yes. Exercise is important and will help your metabolism. But that isn't to say that there aren't benefits of eating many small meals throughout the day. I do it; it isn't a bad idea. It really helps with portion control and hunger for reasons that I already mentioned.
deanhills
Afaceinthematrix wrote:
deanhills wrote:

Yes. Exercise is important and will help your metabolism. But that isn't to say that there aren't benefits of eating many small meals throughout the day. I do it; it isn't a bad idea. It really helps with portion control and hunger for reasons that I already mentioned.
Of course. And it's helping my sister too. But I get it that at the end of the day whether we have it spread over 5 or 3 or 2 meals, it's still the same. Still difficult to believe it, but it's all there in scientific evidence.
spinout
The secret , said my granddad, is to eat little and often...
deanhills
Thinking of grand dad's advice, my grand dad used to say one should eat to live not live to eat.
Radar
I doubt there is anything even remotely approximately a 'secret'. Motivation is key, and perhaps getting rid of some common false premises.

As far as I've seen, it all comes down to eating healthy and exercise, which really isn't a surprise to anyone.
wellerchap
I don't follow it, but I've always liked the adage "breakfast like a King, lunch like a Prince, dine like a pauper".
Don't eat after 7pm (though I often do!)
Plenty of excercise, eat a low-fat diet with lots of fruit/vegetc etc etc
coolclay
All great stuff guys,

Matrix
Quote:
The fact of the matter is that if you consume more calories than you burn you will gain weight; if you consume less calories than you burn then you will lose weight.

I was taught to follow this mantra by my wrestling coach, and I partially subscribe to the logic (it does make since after all) but like Dean said quality of food is extremely important as well.

Another piece of weight-loss advice I was given as a wrestler was to avoid any food in which more than half the calories came from saturated fats. This rules out a lot of junk food, but still allows many types of "healthier" snacks.

The clincher is that weight-loss doesn't always = health.

One of my friends in high school was overweight, and got so fed up one day, that for almost a year he ate only a salad a day. Did he lose weight hell yea! His cheeks sunk in, and he lost probably a 100 lbs, and looked like a different person. Was he healthy hell no! He got stomach ulcers and everything because of it.

I think the moral of the story is that we all have different metabolisms that respond differently to different styles of eating. I have a fast metabolism (thanks Mom) and live an active lifestyle (thanks Dad), and so my diet of high calories, limited saturated fats, limited processed foods, and nibbling throughout the day keeps my body happy. I also avoid factory farmed meat (making me a semi-vegetarian as I like to call it) and only eat meat maybe a few times a week. I hunt and fish so getting enough protein has never really been an issue for me.

I don't pretend that everyone should follow my diet, but it works well for me.
Afaceinthematrix
coolclay wrote:
The clincher is that weight-loss doesn't always = health.

Of course not. The biggest piece of evidence for that is anorexia. I could simply stop eating and I would lose quite a bit of weight (although I don't have much fat on my body, so I'd probably mostly lose muscle). That wouldn't last long, though. I'd die fairly quickly.

If I was fat, I could probably also go on the Top Ramen i.e. condensed sodium diet. I'd probably lose quite a bit of weight and save a lot of money. But that isn't the solution.

The point I was making was exactly what I said, "if you consume more calories than you burn you will gain weight; if you consume less calories than you burn then you will lose weight." I said nothing about being healthy. Your friend that went on the salad diet was probably lacking protein, iron, and many other important elements to his body. Really my sentence is a basic correlation of the first law of thermodynamics. I agree that you shouldn't eat things high in saturated fat; although if you did, and ate very little of it with nothing else, you'd still lose weight because your body would need more calories.

The fact of the matter is that you can stay skinny with zero exercise. I know people that are skinny but that never exercise. They eat relatively healthy and keep their calories down. If we're talking about eating healthy, as this topic is, then this is a solution. Keep the calories down and keep the junk food out of your mouth. My diet consists of a wide variety of foods - most of it not filled with preservatives. I eat a wide variety of fruits, vegetables, nuts, beans, pastas, etc. and then with a shit ton of supplements (mostly protein supplements because I am a vegetarian and so I don't eat any meat; although I must admit that I would love to go elk hunting one day and I would freeze that meat and eat it. It would be a nice source of protein without all of the environmental detriments of cattle production).

But what people don't understand, although, apparently, you do, is that being skinny doesn't always imply being healthy. Even if you eat healthy and keep your body fat percentage down, you might not be healthy. I am a weight lifter. According to the BMI calculator, I am overweight. That is easy to calculate and easy to see that I am significantly overweight. I have no idea what by my body fat percentage is but it definitely isn't very high because I am not fat. I have friends that workout with me but refuse to do cardio exercise because they are trying to up the calories, protein, and carbohydrates to gain weight. I always tell them that THIS ISN'T HEALTHY. You need to do cardio exercise to keep yourself healthy; you NEED to workout your respiratory system to stay healthy. I like to throw in one or two cardio workouts a week with my daily weight training and I insure getting my calories, carbs, and proteins through healthy food options and supplements up the ass (although I am very picky about my supplements because many of them just create expensive urine).
sanscha
chasbeen wrote:
Since the most obvious results of poor meal decisions are that you become overweight or not

That might be the most obvious result but it's not the most significant. Fat distribution on the body, body fat percentage, and plenty of other details may be more important than whether or not you are overweight. You can be "skinny-fat" and look healthy but not actually be healthy if you eat sparingly but unwisely.
johannespilz
remove every pre-cocked / frozen stuff. they are full of shitty ingedients. i dont go 100% along with the paleo diets but its a good way of removing all the shitty ingedients. and i think milk is the worse, your body has to work so much to deal with it, it makes u tired.
coolclay
Quote:
It would be a nice source of protein without all of the environmental detriments of cattle production).
Not to mention residual antibiotics, and hormones. But, yea, my thoughts exactly (except the supplements part). There are many ways to get enough protein w/o meat or supplements, but that's another story for another day (and I am sure you already know most of them). If your ever looking for a vacation come visit someday, and we'll get you some wild protein!
deanhills
coolclay wrote:
If your ever looking for a vacation come visit someday, and we'll get you some wild protein!
I'm sure there is a great story about the wild protein somewhere. Would be great to hear about it.
Very Happy
Afaceinthematrix
coolclay wrote:
Quote:
It would be a nice source of protein without all of the environmental detriments of cattle production).
Not to mention residual antibiotics, and hormones. But, yea, my thoughts exactly (except the supplements part). There are many ways to get enough protein w/o meat or supplements, but that's another story for another day (and I am sure you already know most of them). If your ever looking for a vacation come visit someday, and we'll get you some wild protein!

I also know people in Wyoming that go elk hunting every year that invited me to go with them one year if I ever want to. Do you know when elk are in season? The only issue is that right now I live in Southern California and that isn't something that I can change in the near future and so I would have to be able to transport the meat back home without it going bad. I absolutely hate it here and so one day I would like to move somewhere like Wyoming, Washington, Montana, or Idaho. I would also like a house with a decent backyard.

Right now I don't own a house but I have a couple of small plants and am growing tomatoes and strawberries. The strawberries are almost useless because I get a couple and then I eat them real quick and they are gone and I have to wait. But my tomatoes are doing quite well and I often cook with them.

Eventually, I'd like to go elk hunting once a year. How much meat is on there? I'd imagine a couple hundred pounds of meat will come off of an elk. I would freeze that. Then, if I can have my decent sized backyard, I want to have fruit trees that give fruit at different times of year. Then I will continue to do tomatoes because they are easy and give quite the turnout with maybe a couple of vegetables.

Then all I would have to buy are the other basics: pasta, rice, milk, supplements, malt/hops/yeast (I brew my own beer; craft beer is the one treat I give myself that I won't give up; although I don't drink too much), etc. and I should have a relatively low grocery bill, healthy food, and something very low on environmental impact. Unfortunately, that isn't possible for another couple of years.

On supplements, I wouldn't need supplements if I didn't hit the weights so much. Normal men need something like .36 grams of protein for every pound on their body. So for a normal man at 150 pounds, he would need 54 grams of protein. That really isn't too hard to get without meat or supplements. But any body building book will tell you that serious weight trainers need about 1.5 grams of protein for every pound. So if someone working out a lot has built muscle and gotten to 200 pounds, then he will need 300 grams of protein. That is essentially impossible to get without meat or supplements. I use a couple different types of protein powders.
bratgirl
The best eating habit is water first, then fruits, then heavy meal.. its really effective guys I loss weight after 1 week and I am a rice eater at least now I am minimal.
Navigator
I honestly can say that the Paleo diet (the caveman's diet) is on worth trying, our bodies were designed that way, not to eat a lot of carbs, but proteins and fat - good saturated fat.
Afaceinthematrix
Navigator wrote:
I honestly can say that the Paleo diet (the caveman's diet) is on worth trying, our bodies were designed that way, not to eat a lot of carbs, but proteins and fat - good saturated fat.

Our bodies weren't designed that way. They weren't designed at all, in fact. We evolved to digest meat because it was a good source of nutrition compared to scarce vegetation and so people that could better digest meat along with vegetation stood a better chance of surviving.

But the fact of the matter is that the real advantage to being a human being is a brain. We evolved to be able to consume meat and then science led to agriculture. People tend to think that the "natural" way is always better and that is silly. A human in the wild lives about 1/3 as long as a human in civilization reaping the benefits of science.
TheLimey
Simple its a balance like everything else in life. Balance in exercise, balance in party, balance in eating etc etc
Davidryan
Well it’s important to note that balance diet and exercise are useful in weight management as well as improving health. The idea of 3 meals a day is not bad at all but the fact is that it should be full of nutrients such as vitamins, protein and iron, calcium and others as well. I think vegetables and fruits are the best for this
medesignz
chasbeen wrote:
If you do that and have no snacks in between then you will gradually drop to your correct weight.

I heard that 6 meals a day are ideal... I could be wrong though

--Double post merged by GhostRider103

Morning: Oats/Porridge and Coffee

11sys: Orange / Banana

Lunch: Chicken, Avacado & Whole Meal Pitta Bread

3pm: Dried Fruit and Nuts and Tea

7pm: Proper meal followed by Fruit

8:30pm Gym
lovescience
I heard that the 6 meals are good too.

It's also good to get to eat 6 times in a day. Smile
darthrevan
I agree that eating six small meals are better than three large meals. The main reason OS because the fact is you tend to eat more with three meals instead of six SMALL meals. Avoid eating and drinking sugary items to help lose weight and I personally say stay away from those so called miracle diet pills;I believe those are bad for you. There is gonna be times you can't eat healthy like you want, for example a long trip, but that is alright as long as you don't eat badly all the time, just occasionally.
medesignz
I have decided to give up eating from 10:30 to 11:30... and that has allowed me to eat a bigger breakfast
mshafiq
i donot thing that there is some secret of eating .eat what ever you want but take care of to much fatty food and surgery food.eat every thing what ever you want but every thing should be in limit.as some one say excess of every thing is bad so take every thing in normal.
loveandormoney
chasbeen wrote:

Good morning. I am adding something:
it is important, to eat in a relaxed mood.
medesignz
Is it ok to eat standing up?
loveandormoney
I think, sitting is not important.
medesignz
Drinking whilst on your back is almost impossible.

Its something we're able to do as babies, but not after that stage.
deanhills
I prefer to sit when I'm eating but some people seem to manage with eating while they are standing and even walking from one place to another. I don't have a family setting, and miss the days when the whole family would sit together for the main meal. Also like the idea of showing appreciation for the food, even if it is not completely perfect. Like create a congenial eating atmosphere that makes for special family moments. All of that is probably great for digestion of food.
Insanity
I agree. I think that food should be eaten while sitting so that you can fully appreciate what you are putting into your mouth. I'd like to think that care was taken by whoever was making the food to make it tasty to you, so you should appreciate their work by sitting down. I understand that people can be busy sometimes so they might have to walk, but I don't think so. Most people can spare a few minutes in their busy lives to sit down and have a proper lunch or breakfast.
medesignz
deanhills wrote:
I prefer to sit when I'm eating but some people seem to manage with eating while they are standing and even walking from one place to another. I don't have a family setting, and miss the days when the whole family would sit together for the main meal. Also like the idea of showing appreciation for the food, even if it is not completely perfect. Like create a congenial eating atmosphere that makes for special family moments. All of that is probably great for digestion of food.
Ahh thats good times... Need a big family for that though, no?
loveandormoney
medesignz wrote:
Drinking whilst on your back is almost impossible.

Its something we're able to do as babies, but not after that stage.

Shoulder Stand.
Do it and You can eat and drink.
We did this in school for exercise during the lesson.
The teacher told us
food and juice can walk upstairs.
bukaida
One should give sufficient time for eating and chew the eatables well before swallowing them. This gives less pressure to stomach in digesting the food. Do not drink lots of water immediately after eating as it dilutes the digestive elements in stomach. Avoid junk food at all cost.
There is one interesting proverb in Ayurveda treatment-- THE FOOD THAT TASTE GOOD IS USUALLY BAD FOR HEALTH. remember that your stomach is like a garden and making it dirty will never help in developing a good physique.
loveandormoney
Avoid drinking before dinner.
The best time for drinking is after dinner.
medesignz
loveandormoney wrote:
Avoid drinking before dinner.
The best time for drinking is after dinner.
What do you mean by drinking?

What do you mean by dinner?
urgentappliance
Great topic for the discussion, we can get more & more stuff for healthy diet plan.
jajarvin
I eat only two meals daily: breakfast and dinner. In the afternoon I drink two cups of coffee and eat two sandwiches at the same time. I have a "normal weight" (length 187 cm and weight 96 kg). I do not think eating in itself make you fat. But if your diet is wrong you may gain weight.
ateawonton
how does one get anorexia, I was anorexia for like, 2 days in high school and I thought it was great, how do I get anorexia permanently? I think it could help me quit my ADD drugs
Simonjw
This is definitely a beautiful topic and such good things have been said.

As some have mentioned, people loose weight differently depending on their genetics and metabolism.

There are two groups, fast and slow metabolism. They then are broken down further into sub categories to women and men. You then can't really go much further than that because everyone is different due to their genetic make up and certain illnesses or anything that has gone wrong in their life, like a broken limb or something they were born with which isn't an illness.

As one mentioned, it's all about eating correctly and that is true. Some say eating small amounts through the day and others say three or six meals a day. No one can say what is right for you until you try it yourself. It's up to your comfort zone and what you are comfortable with. And exercise is a major factor that compliments eating correctly and so is rest just as big of a factor.

Most go in blindly when wanting to loose weight, you see a great "diet" on the internet or TV and then try have a go with it. There are two mistakes made there and they are namely: One you have gone in blindly and two, a diet is something you are going to quit and is a quick fix, just like you would quit being an alcoholic. Having a healthy and fit body is a "lifestyle" and anyone who is remotely fit, will tell you that. You're in it to win it and stick right through till the day you die.

When I say you go in blindly just following a regime is that you don't actually work out your Macros to fit your body and the position you are in at the time of you wanting to loose weight and eat correctly. Everyone will be different to each other due to the fact there is not one person the same in this world. Learn to work out your Macros, meet the amount of Macros daily you need to loose weight. Do your exercises and then as you loose weight, your metabolism will change and you can get to what is called the afterburner effect which burns excess fat every hour of everyday if you keep to your healthy eating and regime. Yes you are allowed to cheat sometimes and have a chocolate or a packet of crisps or a fatty hamburger as long as it's not something like Mc Donald's. Your body needs fats, both the bad and good fats. Saturated and unsaturated fats.

Quick fact: There are fats that actually burn the bad fats. They are called Monounsaturated fats or MUFAs for short. They can make you loose some body fat without changing your calorie intake. they are like nuts and other things, but you can Google them. They need to replace saturated fats like dairy and set with your lowered calorie eating regime.

Someone also mentioned about being allergic, and that is a good thing, but there are always alternatives to what you are allergic too.

Also motivation was mentioned or something on the lines of it. If you want to loose weight and get six pack abs, you got to put the work into it, you can't fool yourself and say because I eat healthy I will be alright, but in fact you are eating a few packets of crisps or other junk which just defeats your goal. So it's basically up to being positive and having a good attitude, I actually think it was positive attitudes that was mentioned, but it falls under motivation too as you could use the look of someones body to make your body better by fueling your motivation.