FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

I want to marry my dentist and love her forever!

watersoul
7 days ago I snapped a previously fixed (impact damaged) right-top canine tooth, square to the gum.
I have been absolutely devastated for the last week, unable to smile as it looked so horrible, and worrying about the potential 800+ cost of an implant to replace the huge gap in my large white toothed smile.

I had an appointment with my NHS dentist this morning and she spent nearly 2 hours screwing steel pins into adjacent teeth, plus a particularly long vertical pin, to provide a framework which she then built a new 'tooth' into.

When she gave me the mirror I nearly cried real tears at my lovely smile and I couldn't thank her enough for the amazing technical/artistic work she personally carried out.
Extra bonus as well, the NHS would not usually fund the total rebuild due to the wholly cosmetic nature of the work, so she classed it as a 'major composite filling' which cost me just 48 - I love this doctor of dentistry, she didn't have to do the work which she did, she could have just ground the remaining tooth smooth in 5 minutes for the same NHS fee scale and said "See ya!" ...she didn't though, my dentist really really cares about fixing peoples smiles, and I absolutely love her for fixing mine! Smile
deanhills
What a coincidence. Almost the exact thing happened to me. One dentist suggested my tooth should be extracted and another wonderful lady dentist saved it. GREAT dentist.
Bluedoll
Exactly! One dentist told me the tooth was a problem and needed to be extracted. I went to another and the tooth was saved and still without any complications. My cleaning happens on a regular basis without fail though so that helps.
Jaylan
If also she loves you then you can marry her. Have you shared your opinion with her?
wellerchap
Never mind all the toothy nonsense....let's see some photos of her Very Happy
spring567
Share you opinion with her.
watersoul
Lol, cheers folks but she is way out of my league!
Not only is she a skilled dentist but also drop dead gorgeous with a brilliant sense of humour - humming the tune "don't worry be happy" during my treatment Smile

I did drop a nice card into the office yesterday though, thanking her for the outstanding work she carried out. As I said earlier, she didn't have to provide the level of treatment I had under the NHS fee scale - another dentist could have easily said sorry but that will have to be charged privately, and for hundreds of pounds Shocked

No pics I'm afraid Wellerchap, but who knows, maybe our paths will meet outside of the surgery one evening (wishful thinking!) ..although I'd probably be like a shy schoolboy struggling to compose two words together!
abhizz
Is this a love at first sight?
watersoul
Urm, more like love at fixed bite!

...rubbish joke, I know lol Embarassed
spinout
In my country dentista earns a lot of money... Also a bad reason to marry any one.... Smile

But if you love that human ok do it... If it don't work you will have the pleasure to rip it up.
watersoul
Lol, Dentists are far from poor in the UK as well, even those contracted to the NHS. She would definitely be 'slumming it' a bit with me! Laughing
Patient/Dentist relationship is the way forward I think, her professional work is amazing.

...now, off to check that smile out in the mirror just one more time! Razz
rjraaz
deanhills wrote:
What a coincidence. Almost the exact thing happened to me. One dentist suggested my tooth should be extracted and another wonderful lady dentist saved it. GREAT dentist.

WoW! That means its time to eat lots of chocolates, cakes, pastires After all you have tooth saving dentist. Laughing
coolclay
Crazy story man! Congrats on the new tooth make sure to treat it well! How did you manage to bust it in the first place? I busted to 2 front teeth out when I was a younger trying to be cool, and not use my hands on a marry-go-round. My family dentist is also extremely skilled artisan/dentist, and was able to create a perfectly color, and shape matched crowns. No one even knows unless I tell them (or they are a dentist looking really close)!
watersoul
coolclay wrote:
How did you manage to bust it in the first place? I busted to 2 front teeth out when I was a younger trying to be cool, and not use my hands on a marry-go-round.

Ouch @ the merry go round incident! Classic "I'm indestructible" at the playpark injury!

I first broke the tooth about 15 years ago, not paying as much attention as I should have while jibing (Turning away from the wind) in a sailing dinghy, the boom smacked me straight in the mouth, and I had to sail about a mile back to shore while bleeding everywhere Shocked

The last break a few weeks ago was rather less exciting, I was just munching too vigorously on some crusty french bread lol
coolclay
Oh yea, I know all about the boom! I've gotten smacked in the forehead once but luckily missed my teeth! It only needs to happen once and you learn real quick! I actually just got back from sailing today. Barely missed getting caught in a thunderstorm!