FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

THE AMAZING SPIDERMAN

apiggg
Hey guys,

Just went to see the Amazing Spider man with my (wanna-be filmmaker) little sister yesterday : P
What did you all think of it? Better than the original?

Also we're having the hardest time figuring out who is the person in shadow Doctor Conners was talking to in the cell, any ideas? I'm proposing it's his outer-ego, my Sister however thinks it's Normal Osborn.
LostOverThere
It was...alright. Kind of disappointing in a way. For everything it did right (eg: absolutely fantastic casting) it did something equally terrible (endless cliches).

Also, James Horner was an odd choice for the music. It felt too epic, whereas, for the most part, Spiderman is quite a personal story. The music should have followed suit.

With that being said, Stan Lee's cameo was just beautiful. Couldn't have been better!
Blummer
About to watch it, maybe one of these days.

I can't yet say anything about music, but Silvestri's work for Avengers was truly fantastic. So from Horner I haven't heard anything more epic than music from Titanic, even Avatar didn't impress.
SFactor123
yeah, It is great film with some amazing visual affects. However I think Tobey was better as peter parker/spiderman.
_AVG_
Visual effects, cinematography and 3-D shots of Spidey zooming through New York were amazing. However, the story was very predictable, the characters stereotypical (and a bit too immature?) and unfortunately, there was nothing new about this movie (I found it very similar to the old Spiderman, just a tad darker). Nothing amazing about it lol
IMKCommodore64
I thought it was a really solid movie. It got way to cheesy at some points and was way too long (what was it about 2.5 hours?). But other than that it was all you could expect or want out of a super hero movie.
Radar
Loved it. It made some interesting choices, and followed them through really well.

Definitely worth seeing.
Ankhanu
LostOverThere wrote:
It was...alright. Kind of disappointing in a way. For everything it did right (eg: absolutely fantastic casting) it did something equally terrible (endless cliches).

Also, James Horner was an odd choice for the music. It felt too epic, whereas, for the most part, Spiderman is quite a personal story. The music should have followed suit.

With that being said, Stan Lee's cameo was just beautiful. Couldn't have been better!

Agreed on all points.
I saw it Tuesday night and left with mixed feelings. I still can't decide just where it falls in the spectrum of the other films in terms of quality. I mean, yeah, it's a far sight better than 3, but, pretty much anything is, but its kind of on par with the other two, being better in some respects, worse in others.
Ankhanu
_AVG_ wrote:
Visual effects, cinematography and 3-D shots of Spidey zooming through New York were amazing. However, the story was very predictable, the characters stereotypical (and a bit too immature?) and unfortunately, there was nothing new about this movie (I found it very similar to the old Spiderman, just a tad darker). Nothing amazing about it lol

Um... it IS a retelling of the same story that's been told since the 60s, covering exactly the same material as the prior film incarnation. OF COURSE it's predictable, and the characters are stereotypical... to be anything else would require it being a different movie altogether; it wouldn't have been Spiderman Razz
zimmer
i have saw the movie but i don't like the actor how he plays, i don't like his actions... what i am trying to share is i like the movie it self.. if it will be different actor act as peter parker then the movie becomes a block baster...

the actor is just new and i saw his action really a bigger actor...
Insanity
Awesome movie. One of my favorites of the many different takes.
nepalstar
I haven't got chance to watch this movie I just got preview of that movie in TV only. While watching the preview of that movie it seems that movie must be awesome movie. Waiting for the time to watch this movie.
Blummer
Yes, the story was quite predictable, since most people have read the original comics. There are changes here and there within the original story and I won't be spoiling anyone. But anyway, the film is nice addition to rebooted Marvel family and hope Spidey will make it into Avengers team one day. Wink
LostOverThere
Ankhanu wrote:
Um... it IS a retelling of the same story that's been told since the 60s, covering exactly the same material as the prior film incarnation. OF COURSE it's predictable, and the characters are stereotypical... to be anything else would require it being a different movie altogether; it wouldn't have been Spiderman Razz

Definitely true, however this doesn't mean it can be void of criticism. If the story is predictable, and the characters stereotypical, it begs the question as to why the film was remade in the first place.