FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

I seriously wish that I had a summer house

Afaceinthematrix
Where I live:

Anchorage, Alaska:

I love the rain and I love the cold. Now I don't think that I would be happy in Alaska during the winter when it is completely freezing cold and is dark all day, however, this time of the year, their weather certainly seems a lot more pleasant. On Monday, I could be enjoying 61 degree Fahrenheit (16 Celsius) weather versus 101 Fahrenheit (38 degree Celsius). Oh well... At least it isn't August yet where I can look forward to a few days at 110+ degrees Fahrenheit (43+ Celsius). I can't wait for the rain to come back. I love the rain; it feels so refreshing. I also love the cold (but not quite cold enough for snow; I like it right above freezing).

How do like the weather right now where you're at?
standready
Three days in a row of 100+ F here. Too many days in a row above 90 F. I'm thinking 'summer' home at the south pole!
deanhills
Why not Seattle? Or British Columbia? Plenty of rain and at least now and then sunshine weather as well. Twisted Evil
Afaceinthematrix
standready wrote:
Three days in a row of 100+ F here. Too many days in a row above 90 F. I'm thinking 'summer' home at the south pole!

I bet. This heat wave is sweeping all over the U.S. and so I am sure that you're getting it in Indiana. I am sure that you, like me, are dreading the August days where we get 110-115 (assuming that it gets that hot where you're at). I hate anything above 75 degrees but once you get above 105 it literally becomes hard to function and 110+ is just miserable. But I am probably preaching to the choir here.

deanhills wrote:
Why not Seattle? Or British Columbia? Plenty of rain and at least now and then sunshine weather as well. :twisted:

I wouldn't mind Seattle; I'd rather live in Tacoma, however. Tacoma is a smaller town just a short distance out of Seattle. Since it is a smaller town there is less traffic and cheaper housing. However, it is close enough in Seattle to commute there for jobs and entertainment. So in other words, you get all of the benefits of a big city (jobs and entertainment) without all of the negative aspects of a big city (traffic, expensive housing, pollution, etc.).

But really, I just don't want to it be so hot in the summer! Unfortunately, if I move somewhere where it is nice in the summer then it will probably be too cold in the winter. Ideally, if I could find somewhere that was 55-65 degrees Fahrenheit (12-18 Celsius) 365 days a year and I could find a job there then I'd pack my bags right now.
Insanity
And while we're wishing things...;
Aredon
You think you've got it bad man? Look at this crap.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2012/06/30/156047359/a-land-hurricane-strikes-states-from-midwest-to-east-new-storms-predicted

Yes you read that right. Land Hurricane. Basically.. we're screwed.
Nonufski
I wish that i had a island summer house '-' Mad
Cosmoslayer
Summer? Come here in the Philippines and you will experience summer the whole year! Mad