FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

DNS Changer Malware?

johans
Any body knows or heard about the DNS Charger Malware? this was the main topic here in the Philippines when it comes to security breach for I.T Technology.. This was also reported on Local and International News..
More information on how to get away with this Malware.. just visit at http://dcwg.org/ -- I hope that helps and give us more information about this malware..

well, just keep up to date alwasy with the anti-virus in your workstations..
Cosmoslayer
LOL. I was also surprise when my mom told me that they said that on the local news and I haven't even heard of it. Then, I search Google a little and it seems that Australia is kinda aware of it but not in the Philippines. Let us just wait and see on Monday! Shocked
johans
headache for us... grrr... but i think we are equip with updated anit-virus..
Cosmoslayer
It's already Monday now and nothing is happening. LOL
badai
this is old. anyway, i find it strange that FBI obtained a court order to force root servers serving requests for those morons who let their computers get infected and never bother to fix it.

maybe we should just let them go to wrong websites and they will realise they are infected, rather than waste tax payer money on them. all they have to do is install microsoft security essential for free and it will fix it.

then again, those morons are probably still stuck with pirated XP.
deanhills
badai wrote:
this is old. anyway, i find it strange that FBI obtained a court order to force root servers serving requests
Me too. It's probably a bit paranoid but I would not have put it past them to stage the whole thing so that they could get that kind of court order.
standready
deanhills wrote:
badai wrote:
this is old. anyway, i find it strange that FBI obtained a court order to force root servers serving requests
Me too. It's probably a bit paranoid but I would not have put it past them to stage the whole thing so that they could get that kind of court order.

Same here, dean. I only heard about this malware last last week from Google. Everything OK here.
johans
standready wrote:
deanhills wrote:
badai wrote:

Same here, dean. I only heard about this malware last last week from Google. Everything OK here.

based on my observation on this malware yesterday nothings change here in the Philippines.. nothing infected also. Very Happy
silverdown
I was wondering if it was a USA goverment was punkin the USA Laughing
chatrack
not affected here too