FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Auto Run a Program if Closed?

Relentless
Hi, I have tried doing a google search for this.

I am building a kiosk system. I have configured everything on GPO via server to lock it down.

The computer auto starts up Google Chrome in -kiosk mode. With added extensions that disable multiple tabs and other pages.

However. If users do Ctrl + F4 or Ctrl + W. It will exit chrome. Leaving nothing on the screen.

What I want
I want to have a script or program that auto starts my short cut if chrome is closed. (has to be a short-cut as the target value initiates the kiosk mode and site to load).

Or
Or how do I use hotkeys to disable the Ctrl + F4 & Ctrl + W combination?

Thanks,
Dan.
tdossi
If the following?
It builds a batch file with label:

code:

@echo off
:P1
Start /W program.exe
goto P1
Josso
Yeah that but maybe with a max switch just incase chrome remembers window positions and shiz.

Code:
@echo off
:P1
Start /W /MAX program.exe
goto P1
Marcuzzo
Why no simply replace the windows shell?
a while ago I started with an arcade cabinet project.
the OS is windows XP but I replaced the shell ( explorer.exe ) with Mala ( the MAME front end )
so when the system starts up it will run that application instead of explorer and when closed the system will shut down.

the registry key here is:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon

this was the tutorial I had followed
http://wiki.arcadecontrols.com/wiki/Hiding_Windows#Replacing_Explorer_With_Your_FE_In_XP
badai
use a C++ (or whatever programming language you know) to check if chrome is already running. then run chrome use shell or command or whatever if it's not running. put it in task scheduler to run every minute. just a simple command line program, not a full blown with a gui so that if you run it with task scheduler, it won't even show up.

just don't ever replace your windows shell with chorme. it's a very bad idea, because you cannot run anything else with chrome. you can't even edit local javascript file to run something on your chrome. how bad is that.
mukesh
Relentless wrote:
Hi, I have tried doing a google search for this.

I am building a kiosk system. I have configured everything on GPO via server to lock it down.

The computer auto starts up Google Chrome in -kiosk mode. With added extensions that disable multiple tabs and other pages.

However. If users do Ctrl + F4 or Ctrl + W. It will exit chrome. Leaving nothing on the screen.

What I want
I want to have a script or program that auto starts my short cut if chrome is closed. (has to be a short-cut as the target value initiates the kiosk mode and site to load).

Or
Or how do I use hotkeys to disable the Ctrl + F4 & Ctrl + W combination?

Thanks,
Dan.

Nice command

First time know this shortcut command