FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

I am back from the recovery... the worst flood recent year.

the-guide
After I have to leave the Frihost forum here for many months, now I am back, back from a huge and hard recovery after the worst flood happen to my country in the recent year. It is around an half of my house and office that was damaged. However, now the repair and recovery was nearly finished so I think and hope I would have a little free times to come back here and share things with all my best friend, all my fellow Frihoster once again.

The rainy season here will come again in short, hopefully the worst thing like that will not come back again. Pray

However, we are here ready, ready to face them, patiently. Pray

Thanks all for reading.

deanhills
Sorry to hear about this. Was this in the Philippines?
the-guide
deanhills wrote:
Sorry to hear about this. Was this in the Philippines?

It was in Thailand, and I think the trouble in Philippines was not different from us.

Thanks.

deanhills
Which part of the country was it, or did it affect all of Thailand?
the-guide
The flooding begin from nearly end of July 2011 to middle of January 2012 (about six months). It spread through the provinces of Northern, Northeastern and Central Thailand including Bangkok the capital city, along the Mekong and Chao Phraya river basins, and some area of southern. The flooding affected 65 of Thailand's 77 provinces.

Bondings
@deanhills, it even caused a worldwide lack of hard disks as most of them are made in Thailand and a good part of them were flooded/destroyed.
the-guide
Bondings wrote:
@deanhills, it even caused a worldwide lack of hard disks as most of them are made in Thailand and a good part of them were flooded/destroyed.

That's right, because Thailand is the world’s second largest exporter of hard disks behind China.
And moreover, Western Digital Corp. (WDC) and Toshiba Corp. have to halted production of hard disks in Thailand for a long period.

Gauravs90
Sorry to hear about flood in your country.
Naturals desasters happen everywhere, nobody is an exception, it can come to anybody anytime.

So just chill and move on with life, like it never happened.
deanhills
the-guide wrote:
Bondings wrote:

That's right, because Thailand is the world’s second largest exporter of hard disks behind China.
And moreover, Western Digital Corp. (WDC) and Toshiba Corp. have to halted production of hard disks in Thailand for a long period.

Was unaware of it. Am horribly out of date with the news. I feel like Rip Van Winkle who has slept for a while! The stopping of hard disk production by Toshiba and Western Digital must be real hardship, unemployment on top of the disaster.
coolclay
That is never any fun, glad to have you back, and hopefully your country can recover quickly.
the-guide
Thank you very much to all for the concern, I very appreciate it.

chasbeen
In England right now there is a serious amount of rain which is unusual.
It's been going on over hear since Mid April which is the last 3 months in our case.
This has only caused material damage but the hose pipe ban that happens every year has been lifted half way through the summer,
In our case here in England we should be grateful that the water tables are being replenished after years of drought and falling rain count.
benjietimogan
i hate that