FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

i want to purchase new laptop.

johans
i wanted to purchase new laptop this August and i would like to know which do you preffered laptop brands.

Asus
Samsung
HP
DELL

as of now i am looking for i7 or equivalent with AMD processor. I am more particular with the size maximum of 13 inch screen only.. because i wanted it handy and bring it where ever i go.. I like the new samsung extra thin but i have doubt if it is durable.
hitose
Hello! I personally like HP, although I prefer an AMD still often reach very high temperatures which make my country more difficult to support a laptop without going out.

There are several 3D dell i7 processor with pretty good with large LED screens, among other interesting capabilities.

P.D I am looking for a mini laptop, perhaps in September. Rolling Eyes
the-guide
Why not have Toshiba for your choice?
I think Toshiba is one good quality and long life notebook in the market.
May be, it is just my personal favorite. Smile

sysna
actually i never care about the brand ! every brand comes with good ones and the bad ones for example Dell is always good in its XPS series but in inspiron series they have ruined their laptops in some model numbers like N5110.

the same story is for all brand from sony till acer, all have good ones and the bad ones. so before buying seach the model plus "problems" term in google to see if the model you want to buy is not from those bad ones.
blueray
I have got a new notebook in jan this year.

It is the samsung RC520 (siliver color) and is the older model for christmas offering.

As of this writing it still works perfectly and runs faster by using its easy speed manager,
So you can mark this brand name in you notebook for reference.

When you get one from the shop, you will find its new series (series 3) instead of this old
model (RC series).
busaboss
I just got my laptop a couple of days ago. It is a Samsung Series III model but I haven't checked the actual unit number. For now, all I can say is that it runs smoothly and haven't given me problems. Worth it. Very Happy
blueray
busaboss wrote:
I just got my laptop a couple of days ago. It is a Samsung Series III model but I haven't checked the actual unit number. For now, all I can say is that it runs smoothly and haven't given me problems. Worth it. Very Happy

Nice one !!

It is the new model series from samsung. This is the model I would like to buy before.
And this model was much better than the one I got. Smile
jasonmilsont
Most notebooks now provide DDR SDRAM storage and it provides you with a lot greater information, which will gives you better complete program efficiency. Your encounter with the new notebooks will be better whichever programs you are using.
siemens13
I have no care which brand is better,but i also care that which is better and also suitable for me. you can buy one, which is serve you best and also you get it in good price.brand doesn't matter. because every brand has its own quality.
Mr_Howl
jasonmilsont wrote:
Most notebooks now provide DDR SDRAM storage and it provides you with a lot greater information, which will gives you better complete program efficiency. Your encounter with the new notebooks will be better whichever programs you are using.

Huh? DDR has been around for a quite a long time...

Anyway, I have an Asus laptop. It's four years old, but it is still able to play games really well. It does have some quirks related to (I think) power management, but these are minor nusiances, fixed by a reboot. My sister also has an Asus.

My old laptop is a five-year-old Dell. It now has some heating issues, so I keep it on cooling pad, and the backlight on the display died. Fortunately, Dell makes all the repair manuals and guides easily available, so I was able to fix it myself--only problem is I bought a cheap replacement kit off eBay and the lighting is not exactly even.

My fiancee's laptop is a Gateway, three years old. No major problems, but quite a bit of bloatware.

Finally, I would have to recommend against HP. My fiancee's old laptop was an HP that died due to heating problems; one of her friends had an HP that died due to heating problems; and my grandfather's HP's motherboard died. And, when I was helping my fiancee diagnose and repair her laptop, we found that: this was a rather common problem; HP customer support refused to help us at all until we paid them $350; and HP had issued a recall for this issue, but refused to honor it because "it had been too long." I was able to fix that particular problem (WiFi card) after some Googling, but then the computer died completely a few months later.
hakaner
My vote is definitely for Asus. No heating issues, quiet and robust.
blueray
Samsung had released a new series type, Series 7.

It had 15 and 17 inch models plus 8GB memory.

http://www.samsung.com/us/computer/laptops/NP700Z7C-S03US

http://www.samsung.com/us/computer/laptops/NP700Z5C-S04US

There are total 4 models, 2 per type.
siemens13
Here i am giving you some good laptops,

http://www.computervalley.ca/lq166aw/lq166awaba/886111504770/hp-elitebook-8460p-lq166aw-14-led-notebook-core-i5-i5-2520m-25ghz-1366-x-768-wxga-display-4-gb-ram-320-gb-hdd-dvd-writer-lightscribe-intel-gma-hd-3000-graphics-card-bluetooth-webcam-finger-print-reader-genuine-windows-7-professional-

http://ncix.com/products/?sku=71893&vpn=G75VW-RS72-CA&manufacture=ASUS&promoid=1267

http://www.canadacomputers.com/samsung/

I hope from here you can choose one.