FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Biggest Personal medical shocks you ever had?

chasbeen
Something happens to you and a split second later you realize how delicate you are and how easy it is to put yourself in Jeapordy.
Example 1: I was doing a carpentry job and trying to cut through some rope with a Stanley knife.
All of a sudden the knife went through the rope, my thumbnail and flesh below it to the bone!
I could not believe it but had no time to go to hospital and dipped my ripped finger in a bottle of antiseptic detol. That hurt a bit and I dried it and wrapped the thumb in Cotten wool and selotaped the thumb to close it under the wool.
(2)Tonight! I cut my eye open with my thumb nail. Scary seeing that in the mirror.
Just back from Accident and emergency..

Have you a couple of examples where you became aware how dodgy the human condition is?
deanhills
I get very upset with myself when accidents like that happen to me. Almost happened to me a week ago when I was slicing through something and the knife slipped. I was lucky. Could easily have been your scenario too.
Hello_World
My liver failed. I was great. 21. Noticed a little yellow in my eyes. 3 weeks later my liver failed - completely. Had a transplant. Can't tell you how greatful I am. To the person who chose to be a donor. To her family. And to universal health care.
Josso
Nearly cut off my toe with glass luckily never broken anything or anything serious *touch wood*
Gauravs90
The biggest medical shock happen to me when I came to know that I have to go through spleen operation. Well it's the period I don't want to remember.
pauline123
Thank goodness you did not do anythin serious, like lose your finger or your eye. That would be horrible and it happens more often than I like to think about. My worst injury was a cut to the finger down to the bone as well. I did not even go to the hospital since I have family in the medical field and ex-military. Just fixed it up and went on with life.
chasbeen
I hear you Hello World
The rescue services pulled me out of my destroyed car in March 2008
They don't know how I survived and why I came out in one piece.
The surgeon that sewed me up does not know why I suffered no infection as it took them 12 hours before they realized I was broken inside.

THE TRUTH IS STRANGER THAN FICTION