FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


living in condominuim





zimmer
do you like living in condominium?.. right now i live in condo and so far it was good with it comes to security but the area is not good one.. and the cost in renting condo is ver expensive but with a man like me.. it feels fine.. not satisfactory but its just fine
Cosmoslayer
I'm dreaming on living in one. Sad
Gonna work hard! Shocked
ankitdatashn
Condominiums and flats or apartments are one and the same thing?

In case that's the case then I dislike living in one of them, it feel strangulated living in one...
coolclay
In the U.S. condos, and apartments are different. Usually condos are built all together, each home is individually owned, but the condo association usually owns a collection of other property that is shared by the owners such as pools, tennis courts, and other things. The Condo association usually also has very strict rules regarding upkeep, and maintenance, and yards, and other landscaping is managed by the association. Condos also usually require a monthly or yearly condo fee which sometimes can be extremely expensive.

Apartments just mean is shared housing, which is usually rented out.

I would never, ever live in a Condo (unless it was free), not only because of the expense, but also the lack of freedom regarding pretty much everything. I have known people that have and they HATE it. If I own my home, I feel like I should have the right to do with it what I want (within reason of course). I understand why they have the rules, because there are many disgusting people out there that don't take care of their homes, which can lower property values for everyone else, but this is America and I believe in freedom!
Afaceinthematrix
coolclay wrote:
I would never, ever live in a Condo (unless it was free), not only because of the expense, but also the lack of freedom regarding pretty much everything. I have known people that have and they HATE it. If I own my home, I feel like I should have the right to do with it what I want (within reason of course). I understand why they have the rules, because there are many disgusting people out there that don't take care of their homes, which can lower property values for everyone else, but this is America and I believe in freedom!


I know people that live in condos and love it. I believe in freedom as well, however, in condos, you DO have freedom. You have freedom in the sense that you don't have to live there. People that move into condos only move in there because they WANT the type of look and feel to their neighborhood that condos provide. The person that built the condos had a certain type of person in mind for whom he or she was marketing to and obviously people like you or me don't fit into that market. Therefore, we don't live in condos.
pll
I think condos are good for people that doesn't want to maintain their field (they cannot, take away the snow or cut the grass). But in someway I don't like it, because in my area it is very popular and they are building big towers with tons of condos, it destroys all the beautiful landscape.
the-guide
coolclay wrote:
In the U.S. condos, and apartments are different. Usually condos are built all together, each home is individually owned, but the condo association usually owns a collection of other property that is shared by the owners such as pools, tennis courts, and other things. The Condo association usually also has very strict rules regarding upkeep, and maintenance, and yards, and other landscaping is managed by the association. Condos also usually require a monthly or yearly condo fee which sometimes can be extremely expensive.

Apartments just mean is shared housing, which is usually rented out.


This is same as in my country.

I personally don't like condominiums, may be because they make me feel cramped and lack of the privacy.

.
.
.
.
.
zimmer
coolclay wrote:
In the U.S. condos, and apartments are different. Usually condos are built all together, each home is individually owned, but the condo association usually owns a collection of other property that is shared by the owners such as pools, tennis courts, and other things. The Condo association usually also has very strict rules regarding upkeep, and maintenance, and yards, and other landscaping is managed by the association. Condos also usually require a monthly or yearly condo fee which sometimes can be extremely expensive.

Apartments just mean is shared housing, which is usually rented out.

I would never, ever live in a Condo (unless it was free), not only because of the expense, but also the lack of freedom regarding pretty much everything. I have known people that have and they HATE it. If I own my home, I feel like I should have the right to do with it what I want (within reason of course). I understand why they have the rules, because there are many disgusting people out there that don't take care of their homes, which can lower property values for everyone else, but this is America and I believe in freedom!


we have same differentiations also here in the Philippines..
abhizz
In India there is no such things on 90% of villages and 50% of towns
Bluedoll
It could be a stepping stone between renting and owning a home seeing that they sell well in many areas. People that work and want to be close to city centers find they have advantage. Also, some investors like to rent them out as a long term investment. They can be expensive and over priced in my opinion however.
IceCreamTruck
Best part of Condos is that usually the property management takes care of the lawn. It's a preferred living arrangement for old folks as they usually want a nice yard, but don't want to mow it. The property management can be bothersome about other issues, so it really is best to just own your home free and clear. Condos come with never ending property dues which usually go to providing group services, like lawn mowing, but sometimes they also have some compensation for their grounds management time, which they can use to annoy you about not sticky to policy, etc.

You will have to take down your pink yard flamingos! Smile
Bluedoll
IceCreamTruck wrote:
Best part of Condos is that usually the property management takes care of the lawn. It's a preferred living arrangement for old folks as they usually want a nice yard, but don't want to mow it. The property management can be bothersome about other issues, so it really is best to just own your home free and clear. Condos come with never ending property dues which usually go to providing group services, like lawn mowing, but sometimes they also have some compensation for their grounds management time, which they can use to annoy you about not sticky to policy, etc.

You will have to take down your pink yard flamingos! Smile
I'm wondering now what the stats on condo's are. I've seen some young, mid range buyers with them but it not true for every condo out there I'm sure.

Another question is in turn over. I wonder if it is easier to sell a condo specially if your life style is on the move and you will most likely sell in the near future because of promotion though in this economy that may be rare. Sad

However, selling a house or even owning one near a city center would not be my first pick. They are sometimes expensive old homes that need excessive remodeling?
TheRPGLPer
I would never, ever live in a condo, unless they gave me more freedom and it was free. Otherwise, forget it.
deanhills
IceCreamTruck wrote:
Best part of Condos is that usually the property management takes care of the lawn. It's a preferred living arrangement for old folks as they usually want a nice yard, but don't want to mow it. The property management can be bothersome about other issues, so it really is best to just own your home free and clear. Condos come with never ending property dues which usually go to providing group services, like lawn mowing, but sometimes they also have some compensation for their grounds management time, which they can use to annoy you about not sticky to policy, etc.

You will have to take down your pink yard flamingos! Smile
I remember in Canada the headaches with leaky condos. It rains a lot in Vancouver, Canada and during the nineties there had been a bubble of building condos, but no one was watching the quality of construction materials and obvious cutting of corners. So some have had really bad luck with thousands of dollars spent on fixing and water proofing those condos. At least with a house one has a property if it should ever leak. With the condos it turned into a disaster of an investment.
TurtleShell
Yeah, I wouldn't want to live in a condo. I lived in an apartment for years and years, and now I'm in a house, as of last summer. I love it! So much freedom to do what I want!!!
Mr_Howl
Is the purchase price of a condo typically less than that of a house? I always got the impression that it was.
Related topics
Which book changed YOUR life ;)
Bangalore,India Art of Living celebrates silver jubilee
ON LIVING
Can you make a living off of artistic photography
The Living End
Hi everybody!New guy from South Korea, but living in Germany
Coming from Vn..living in Germany ^^
<the importance of living>
Are we living in a computer simulation
there’s the elephant in the living room nobody wants discuss
Looking for anyone living in Pakistan
Do you live in a dorm? Or have you?
If you could meet anyone living or dead
Book order for sustainable living, gardening, beekeeping
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> General -> General Chat

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.