FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

phpMyAdmin, can't access

nickfyoung
I presume I need to get into phpMyAdmin to host a WordPress Blog as I can't see CPanel anywhere. However it won't accept my user pass and just says Wrong username/password. Access denied.

What am I doing wrong.
Bondings
You need to create a database in DirectAdmin (mysql management it is called I think) and then use that username and password to log into phpMyAdmin and for the WordPress details/configuration file.

(Also, why are you quoting most of your posts? I've already removed quite a few of those posts.)
k_s_baskar
nickfyoung wrote:
I presume I need to get into phpMyAdmin to host a WordPress Blog as I can't see CPanel anywhere. However it won't accept my user pass and just says Wrong username/password. Access denied.

What am I doing wrong.

You need to create Database from directadmin as Bondings told.

Then you can access your database from http://yourdomain/phpmyadmin/

For wordpress you don't need to access phpmyadmin just give username and password in configuration file wordpress take care of all things.

Good luck
Smile
nickfyoung
Bondings wrote:
You need to create a database in DirectAdmin (mysql management it is called I think) and then use that username and password to log into phpMyAdmin and for the WordPress details/configuration file.

(Also, why are you quoting most of your posts? I've already removed quite a few of those posts.)

Sorry about the quoting. Keep forgetting to tick the notify me box. Will get used to this eventually.

I have created a database in DirectAdmin and have access to phpMyAdmin.

How do I load a Word Press blog from here.
truespeed
nickfyoung wrote:
Bondings wrote:

Sorry about the quoting. Keep forgetting to tick the notify me box. Will get used to this eventually.

You need to download wordpress,then upload it to the server via FTP,i use filezilla but you can use any ftp programme.

As for a specific wordpress tutorial i am sure there will be one on their website.
nickfyoung
truespeed wrote:
nickfyoung wrote:
Bondings wrote:

You need to download wordpress,then upload it to the server via FTP,i use filezilla but you can use any ftp programme.

As for a specific wordpress tutorial i am sure there will be one on their website.

It appears I have uploaded Word Press via ftp, filezilla, so now how do I access my blog.
truespeed
nickfyoung wrote:

It appears I have uploaded Word Press via ftp, filezilla, so now how do I access my blog.

Just go to the url where the blog is situated and follow the installation process i would think,it is pretty easy from what i remember,just a case of putting in the database name which i assume you have created.
nickfyoung
truespeed wrote:
nickfyoung wrote:

Just go to the url where the blog is situated and follow the installation process i would think,it is pretty easy from what i remember,just a case of putting in the database name which i assume you have created.

It is all a bit to complicated for me I am afraid. I may have to go to paid hosting with Fantastico and one click Word Press loading.

Thank you for all your help. Some of us oldies are just not into all this tech stuff.
Bondings
It really should not be that hard. Just keep trying and ask for our help and it will work eventually.

By the way, here is a tutorial, there is even a DirectAdmin section: http://codex.wordpress.org/Installing_WordPress .

Anyway, I checked your account and the problem is that you uploaded the files to the wrong location. You uploaded them to your root (invisible from the web) instead of in the public_html directory. I moved them there. Next time, put it in domains/<your_domain>/public_html/ . There is also a folder called public_html in your root that is a link to the public_html of your default domain.

Anyway, it seems that you now either have to follow the installation steps on your website or you edit the wp-config-sample.php file and rename it to wp-config.php.
nickfyoung
Bondings wrote:
It really should not be that hard. Just keep trying and ask for our help and it will work eventually.

By the way, here is a tutorial, there is even a DirectAdmin section: http://codex.wordpress.org/Installing_WordPress .

Anyway, I checked your account and the problem is that you uploaded the files to the wrong location. You uploaded them to your root (invisible from the web) instead of in the public_html directory. I moved them there. Next time, put it in domains/<your_domain>/public_html/ . There is also a folder called public_html in your root that is a link to the public_html of your default domain.

Anyway, it seems that you now either have to follow the installation steps on your website or you edit the wp-config-sample.php file and rename it to wp-config.php.

Hey, I am up and running. Thank you for getting me going.
Bondings
nickfyoung wrote:
Hey, I am up and running. Thank you for getting me going.

Great news! Good luck with your blog.

By the way, if you encounter any other problems, please don't hesitate to ask for support here (better in a new topic though). Very Happy