FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

ftp problems

engeland
ok, im using filezilla and whenever i try to connect via ftp, it always waits for the welcome message and then gets disconnected

it says ' Error : disconnected from server '

here's the screen cap

ok also, the wireless connection in my college's condominium doesnt allow all those P2P programs like imesh, kazaa, ares etc. it's got something to do with the proxy settings idk. I was wondering if this maybe the cause of the problem
Bondings
The url is fiveaunion.frihost.net. (frih.net subdomains are on the other server Wink )
engeland
it's the same thing. doesnt work either. disconnected from server. Confused
yupeng
Have a chang in FTP tools.U can use some other tools for a alternate.
engeland
ok i figured out the problem . apparently the server in the area has a firewall on. so i cant connect. same goes for connecting to p2ps like kazaa, emule, ares etc... thanx anyway Confused
n0xvb
engeland wrote:
ok i figured out the problem . apparently the server in the area has a firewall on. so i cant connect. same goes for connecting to p2ps like kazaa, emule, ares etc... thanx anyway Confused

Check to see if your ftp client has the ability to run in passive mode. That can sometimes work around the firewall rules.
Jay
engeland
nope, still doesnt work. thanx for your help anyway Smile
Daniel15
Well, if you still need to be able to use FTP, there's always http://net2ftp.com/

Or the ZIP upload feature of cPanel.
n0obie4life
FireFTP. Search on firefox.
engeland
ok its confirmed, i check with the wireless internet providers in my area, they have a firewall on.

well, i guess i have to do the FTP elsewhere. thanx for you help. all of you Very Happy
kuba12331
you check your nick anh password