FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Sleep Facts

Elliot
Sleeping well is also good for healthy eyes and it prevents dark circles as it occurs due to lack of sleep. Sleep is very important for the nourishment of healthy life. It is very necessary for the body to take rest having spending a long busy day, proper sleep keeps your mind, digestive system and lungs working properly as these organs even work when you go to sleep.
johannespilz
i totally agree. people try to push their limits too much. they think they can do it and a red bull will do it as well. but there is a reason why people sleep and a reason why hard working managers after some years simply look older then their same-aged friends
pll
Yup, sleeping is really important for me. I can't even work if I don't have slept enough!!
Even with energetic drinks, it doesn't seem to have any effects on me.
MisterParker
Sleeping is very important, I usually end up getting headaches or migranes if I dont get enough sleep, especially as I spend a lot of time starring at a computer screen
deanhills
I don't know whether this is true, but have heard that the glare from a computer screen zaps one of melatonin, which is necessary to get us to be sleepy.

Aha just found an article by a medical doctor about how it works.
http://doctorstevenpark.com/is-your-computer-screen-ruining-your-sleep
mshafiq
I am also agree with this point that sleep is very important for good health.
For good sleep we should take care of following things before going bed like
have regular sleep schedule

Minimize the use caffeine four to six hours before bed
Do not smoke
Exercise is as important as sleep,so do exercise daily.
Don't eat heavy meal before going to bed.
Avoid alcohol.
Develop a regular bed time habit and go to bed at the same time each night
Try and wake up without an alarm clock
Minimize noise, light and excessive hot and cold temperatures where you sleep
amagard
Yep, agreed, sleep is very important, even many people call it a waste of time and I keep reading about people who manage to get their sleep time down to a minimum, like below 4 hours. What does it buy you if you can stay awake for longer but will be less productive and efficient during that time ? Not to speak about health risks when shortening or skipping sleep cycles.
I typically sleep 7 hours, may be longer on weekends.

One key to successful sleeping is to keep things out of the bed room, things like TV or computer. And when I have done some sports later in the evening I always add an extra hour to come down and relax before I go to bed. Nevertheless: sports after work are great for clearing the mind, another pre-requisite for good sleeping: the capability to turn off thinking.
amagard
Just yesterday Lifehacker published a lot of hints and tips around sleeping:

http://lifehacker.com/5929108/improve-your-evening-ritual-for-a-better-nights-sleep

7 - 9 hours seems to be a recommended sleep duration.
deanhills
amagard wrote:
One key to successful sleeping is to keep things out of the bed room, things like TV or computer. And when I have done some sports later in the evening I always add an extra hour to come down and relax before I go to bed. Nevertheless: sports after work are great for clearing the mind, another pre-requisite for good sleeping: the capability to turn off thinking.
Totally agreed. Think that is my greatest problem, to get a balance between being active, whether sports or doing manual or any physical work - preferably outside in fresh air (although not really doable in the Middle East in the summer heat right now), and sitting behind a computer. I for example spent too much intense time on the computer yesterday, which got me back into an old habit of mine to only feel sleepy towards 4:00 a.m. in the morning. Not healthy at all. Today am going to try and get the balance right!
amagard
Hey deanhills, I actually know this problem and probably many other computer enthusiasts know it as well. Luckily it doesn't happen to me very often.
But computers - and especially some activities like playing games or developing software or following social networks and communities - can eat your hours so fast without you even realizing it.
halebill
Sleep health, sleep time for most people to be maintained at 6-8 hours, the only way people can rest a day, up spirit.
milkshake01
A good reminder for those who do not have enough sleep.