FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Domain and site problems

busaboss
Hi guys, yesterday I changed the nameservers of one of my site (I would transfer it to have more space for new sites), then I realized that I like frihost better and so I change the nameserver again and change again and lastly back to frihost. But until now it hasn't propagated (usually it is less than 30 mins). Now I'm thinking that it had a problem on loading back my site? Should I just delete it and restore the back up? I tried to test restore my back up in one of my domain but it didn't work it says I do not own the domain? But I already have it here and has propagated alreadt why can't I restore the back up there? I hope someone can help me urgently because my site has been down for almost a day now. Crying or Very sad How to confirm if the domain has propagated already?
busaboss
Bump. Anyone?
k_s_baskar
Nameserver Changes will take effect from 1 to 48 hours. So you need to wait some more time.
Smile
badai
set your ttl value as low as possible in your dns setting

use this to check if it's propagated to the rest of the world: http://www.whatsmydns.net
busaboss
What's the ttl? and how can it be done? As of now, what I did was to create a wordpress account with maintenance mode in it so that it will be shown to the users until the nameservers propagated? Is that correct?
Bondings
Try to check your domain with a web proxy. Otherwise please mention the domain so we can check.
busaboss
It is www.noypigeeks.com admin bondings..

How do I check the domain via web proxy? This is driving me crazy..
busaboss
Ok I put my other domain adamparnala.info in frihost earlier today and it is already accessible right now. What do you think? (I also pointed it to the other host for test. it is from godaddy) Is there a way that they can lock my domain with them? My domain is from namecheap though. It is really pissing me off it's now one whole day but still it goes to the other host (which I set up with a maintenance page).

Will this hurt my rankings in SERPs? I'm very worried I regret this mistake. Anyone please help me Crying or Very sad
andro_king
It usually takes time to change.. I suggest you to wait for some more time.. In the mean while check your DNS..?
busaboss
how to do that?