FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

my first owned site

zimmer
hi guys,
let me introduce my site here in frihost.
Actually, i hired a developer to set-up everything. Although it is still on going and on the process of development.

I would like to know your comments and ideas on how my site looks like.. The developer is still on contract so i can tell him to change the things on other views..here is the link http://www.fastsurvey.org

Your feedback and comments is highly appreciated.
andro_king
zimmer wrote:
hi guys,
let me introduce my site here in frihost.
Actually, i hired a developer to set-up everything. Although it is still on going and on the process of development.

I would like to know your comments and ideas on how my site looks like.. The developer is still on contract so i can tell him to change the things on other views..here is the link http://www.fastsurvey.org

Your feedback and comments is highly appreciated.

think you have hired someone from here..?? i like the copyright dialog box which appears on every right click on you website..!! the picture on the slider might be changed(not attractive either)..
all the best for your site..!!
pojr
Visually the site looks pretty nice. I specifically liked the navigation, and it's clear that you put a lot of work into it.
zimmer
pojr wrote:
Visually the site looks pretty nice. I specifically liked the navigation, and it's clear that you put a lot of work into it.

Thank you guys for having time to visit my site and i appreciate your comments... I just added a careers section with the help of my developer..

Have a good day to all!
truespeed
Best country to live poll.

Options.

USA
Africa
Europe
Asia
South America

I am guessing someone who was born in the USA made this poll as only an American would think Europe/Africa and Asia are countries.
cybersa
Your website looks good.
But top banner not looking great because it have bad image(Quality,look etc..).
Other than that your website look nice.
Ultrak1ll
truespeed wrote:

Options.

USA
Africa
Europe
Asia
South America

I am guessing someone who was born in the USA made this poll as only an American would think Europe/Africa and Asia are countries.

LOL'ed Laughing
thanhcuong1990
Follow me, background color your website is not good. It not professional.
zimmer
hi Guys,

I just added LIVE Score monitoring ( Football/Soccer and Basketball ) here is the quick link http://fastsurvey.org/sports-live-score

I have also added FREE quiz online which you can saw the result after you finished you quiz here is the link

http://fastsurvey.org/take-a-quiz-challenge

Thank you for taking time to visit my site.. I hope you found it helpful and informative.
dharmin
you seem to have enabled some security system wherein the user is not allowed to right click on any link!!

I understand u want to keep yout source code safe, but personally as a user this bothers me a lot because your site took a long time for me to load, probably because of the host servers location distance from my country.. so i wanted to Right Click and open link in new tab while the current survey loads!

but a good website overall! Exclamation
medesignz
I always thought of opening a survey site...
RosenCruz
Banner is bad and there are some outlook issues with Opera 12
kmr_mukund
your website is looking good.and also good managable.i gve you 7 out of 10 rating on your website.you can manage more better by simplicity.more complex website is not good for user view.
medesignz
Wow... If you right-click you get a pop-up... Old skool
appsapps
I think the popup on right click is annoying. There are far more reasons to right click that to copy or steal content.

Maybe I am using a very lightweight browser that has no buttons or toolbars and everything, including the "back button" is on the right click menu.

Maybe I wanted to select the option to "Bookmark this page",

Or perhaps I wanted to view your WOT scorecard and give you a nice review,

Or maybe I wanted to open a link in a new foreground tab instead of middle clicking to open it in a background tab.

Too bad you are making it hard for me to do any of those things. Why would you do that?

Oh, lookie...if I run noscript, then I don't get a popup. Does that mean I am going to steal your content now?

Even without noscript, clicking the info button on my browser's left sidebar pops out a panel that gives me access to everything you are attempting to block me from. I can have all your images, now.

Oh, and now I can subscribe to your 2 RSS feeds that you forgot to list anywhere visible on your site.

My suggestion for you is to get rid of the popup. It makes your site look immature and amateur, as if you hired some random kid from an AOL chat room to build it for you. It won't stop thieves and it will just block visitors from being able to do good useful things.
medesignz
appsapps wrote:
I think the popup on right click is annoying. There are far more reasons to right click that to copy or steal content.

Maybe I am using a very lightweight browser that has no buttons or toolbars and everything, including the "back button" is on the right click menu.

Or maybe I wanted to open a link in a new foreground tab instead of middle clicking to open it in a background tab.

Too bad you are making it hard for me to do any of those things. Why would you do that?

Oh, lookie...if I run noscript, then I don't get a popup. Does that mean I am going to steal your content now?

Even without noscript, clicking the info button on my browser's left sidebar pops out a panel that gives me access to everything you are attempting to block me from. I can have all your images, now.

Oh, and now I can subscribe to your 2 RSS feeds that you forgot to list anywhere visible on your site.

My suggestion for you is to get rid of the popup. It makes your site look immature and amateur, as if you hired some random kid from an AOL chat room to build it for you. It won't stop thieves and it will just block visitors from being able to do good useful things.

Great reply Very Happy
dharmin
appsapps wrote:

Very Concise! covers it all!
honken
I would say this, first of all good work on it.

But there are a few things to make it more user friendly.

1. At first i did not know the site scrolled down, because of the big intro picture in the middle and some what looked like ads. Need to make people aware that there is more down below if they scroll.

2. Colouring, the colouring needs a trim.

Overall its ok, but also keep in mind screen resolutions on the users monitors, still many people using 1024x768 (my self i don't use the browser in over my hole screen all the time).

/honken
ZeytinGrafik
Ultrak1ll wrote:
truespeed wrote:

Options.

USA
Africa
Europe
Asia
South America

LOL'ed Laughing

LOL'ed again and again
the logo looks bad. You should really change it.
Also it looks like a 1990's web site.Work on the design.
medesignz
honken wrote:
I would say this, first of all good work on it.

But there are a few things to make it more user friendly.

1. At first i did not know the site scrolled down, because of the big intro picture in the middle and some what looked like ads. Need to make people aware that there is more down below if they scroll.

2. Colouring, the colouring needs a trim.

Overall its ok, but also keep in mind screen resolutions on the users monitors, still many people using 1024x768 (my self i don't use the browser in over my hole screen all the time).

/honken

Great reply!

Its always good to receive C&C, rather than just closed comments
truespeed
I am not really sure why you have added a job script and a sports scores script,I thought the point of the site was surveys and polls?

It is like you started off with a single idea,which is quite a good one even though there is a lot of competition in this area,but then when you weren't getting the traffic you expected you started to add other unrelated stuff to try to bring people in?
medesignz
truespeed wrote:
I am not really sure why you have added a job script and a sports scores script,I thought the point of the site was surveys and polls?

It is like you started off with a single idea,which is quite a good one even though there is a lot of competition in this area,but then when you weren't getting the traffic you expected you started to add other unrelated stuff to try to bring people in?
This is why a lot of sites fail.
Possum
Radio Button is on Word (Firefox)

Good start to site though.
zimmer
I appreciate those individual who take time to visit my site and gives feedback. I have gather the comments and most of the comments is the right click security so i have removed the right click security application.

Again, thank you and I will be listening your comments and feedback.

Have a great day to all. Very Happy
medesignz
zimmer wrote:
I appreciate those individual who take time to visit my site and gives feedback. I have gather the comments and most of the comments is the right click security so i have removed the right click security application.

Again, thank you and I will be listening your comments and feedback.

Have a great day to all. Very Happy
Awesome that you are taking everything on board and plan to implement changes you feel are necessary
codersfriend
What a nice website. Good luck on your website Smile
loveandormoney
Good morning.
You built a beautiful homepage.
During the first sight
I miss the button "Register".

Users can see a lot of interesting information.
thewiseguy
How much time did you spend on it? Good job, 6/10 for the layout 9/10 for functionality, 7/10 overall appeal. Not bad work at all brother.