FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How to Draw???

GDG
Hi everyone,
well as you could have and probably did guess from the title, i need some help and referring to. i want to learn how to draw, especially anime(japanese art or japanese comics.) i just dont know where to learn though. i have tried some sites but arent that helpful.

so if it is possible fro anyoen who knows a good place to learn anime drawing please if they could send me the link or links, i would appreciate it.

thank you in advance.

See Ya

-GDG- Very Happy
gnomme
GDG wrote:
Hi everyone,
well as you could have and probably did guess from the title, i need some help and referring to. i want to learn how to draw, especially anime(japanese art or japanese comics.) i just dont know where to learn though. i have tried some sites but arent that helpful.

so if it is possible fro anyoen who knows a good place to learn anime drawing please if they could send me the link or links, i would appreciate it.

thank you in advance.

See Ya

-GDG- Very Happy

trye to download some tutorials about that subject
hiroki-star
In my opinion you can't actually learn to draw, either you have it or you haven't got it...

Try practasing your favourite Anime characters every day, you'll soon find that it gets easier and easier. Then you will be able to draw your own characters.
BulletProof
i would start of by tracing anime characters then i would start taking the anime characters i trace and try and draw them just by looking at em..then i would try drawing my own anime characters..
GDG
when you mean draw favourite character, do you mean drawing it oevr and over again, like looking at the picture?
BulletProof
GDG wrote:
when you mean draw favourite character, do you mean drawing it oevr and over again, like looking at the picture?

ya i think thats what he means...
hiroki-star
BulletProof wrote:
GDG wrote:

ya i think thats what he means...

yes thats what I mean.

If you want to practise by sitting at your computer, then look at some desktop pictures of the characters, and collect several pictures of different positions.

after a few weeks, just try and draw without the pictures
tidruG
Perhaps more help will be available in the Art Gallery section.
reinevp
I agree with what someone else said, you either have the talent to draw or you don't. Just look at a picture of something you like and draw it! You'll know if you should continue. Then search out books on that might give you helpful pointers.
carlokes
I have to desagree with you...
Ive witness that you can learn how to paint and get pretty nioce result howerver it will take much more time than if you have natural talent for the thing.
kaikou
http://www.bakaneko.com/howto/

Have you tried looking at this site?

When I was trying to learn this style, I found a few other sites that were helpful. I'll try to track them down for ya. Smile
SunburnedCactus
www.polykarbon.com

is one of the best ones around. Loads of links and resources and most importantly tutorials!
kaikou
^ That's one of the sites I used when I was learning, actually, but I learned the most by looking at their gallery. The characters were often in all sorts of crazy, difficult poses and the images said a lot on their own about texture and detail that wasn't always mentioned in the tutorials.

I visited the site after you posted the link, and I'm sad to see their gallery is still littered with broken links Sad I noticed those a few months ago. Sad. But the tutorials do seem to be intact.
CELR
Well if you like to draw digital art, first of all you need a tablet
albusa
go here www.dibujando.net
naruto
I also have this problem . Well i remeber going to a site where i learned a bit about drawing anime characters . Well it was only the head but it was just fine . hmm yes i think it was this : http://drawsketch.about.com/od/animemanga/ . It is actually really good . I can draw really cool things now . It features :

Drawing Anime Faces .
Colouring Anime Stuff .
Drawing Anime Girls .
And ... .

Well you should like as i liked it !

ENJOY !!!
Eiffel
Practicing forms and functions of traditional art is ALWAYS the best place to start. Only if because that way, you aren't stuck just drawing the same stuff over and over. You'll know how to draw from your imagination, as well as life. Sadly, most people that are given this advice turn it down looking for a quick fix. Sad

For me, it was all about learning the basics of human anatomy, and the different ways in which the body moved, etc. and LATER ON learning the features of manga and anime. That way, I already had a grasp of what it was that made up the characters, and I could more easily get my ideas down on the page.

That said, there ARE some folks out there who make tutorials for the basics of anime drawing.

Polykarbon, as mentioned above, will help you out more than most sites, because they lay down the same guidelines used in more traditional art (although, more simplified, if course ^^).

Another site I found a while back is http://www.howtodrawmanga.com/tutorial.html

They should have a few good lessons for human anatomy, as well as key anime features.

Good luck, and post some stuff when you feel confident enough!
fecophobia
I'm an animation major and that means I draw.. A LOT.

My last assignment I had to hand draw 400 frames of a dancer.

I started drawing when I was in 10th grade and I picked it up pretty fast because all i would doodle in class all day. Then I started drawing pictures of my teachers and other people in my class until I got to where I am now.

http://www.handicopped.com

is my latest work. Right now I have to link it to my friends site. But once I get enough posts I plan on making an entire site devoted to Andy the Handicop.
meretyping
andy the handicop! that is funny! oh yeah, the subject . . . yeah, i don't know how to draw either. sorry.
albusa
go to www.dibujando.com, a very good spanish page
teyjatt
hey thanks for the tip about tracing them - i think my drawing is coming along a bit better too!
slowchildren
It seems to be possible for people to aquire drawing skills. Most major bookstores carry books on drawing anime or cartoon characters. They have ways for you to learn part by part. That may help you.
H3LL5P4WN
I've been drawing since I learned not to eat crayons.

That being said, I know my techniques need refined, and I honestly can't wait till I start classes at the Art Institute of Pittsburgh this January. I'm going for Graphic Design.
noliver
Well you can also visit http://www.saveloomis.org/ and read up on how to sketch. Since this section of the forum is actually for display-ing artwork I guess it would be more prudent to lock this thread.

Have a Nice Day !

-close-