FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


MEMEORY DUMP ERROR WITH BLUE SCREEN





kmr_mukund
i have dell studio-15 laptop.i m using windows7 and ubuntu os.sometime in windows7 we get an error in blue screen "MEMEORY DUMP ERROR".and get turn off.can you tell me what is the reason behind this error? Sad
Fire Boar
Because Windows. That's the blue screen of death and Windows literally does this whenever it feels like it. The error message is cryptic enough that it's impossible to determine exactly what the "cause" is.
SonLight
<tongue-in-cheek>

Always boot Ubuntu, never Windows, and the problem will never occur.

</tongue-in-cheek>

Seriously, Linux has a reputation for not failing in that way very often. The same type of error is called an 'oops' in Linux, and to the best of my knowledge most users never see one unless they are testing new versions of the OS or have a hardware driver with a problem. One reason for the difference is that if you do get such an error, you can rebuild the kernel with debugging turned on, and someone who understands that stuff will be glad to look at the log file so the bug can be fixed.

Of course you do want to use W7 some of the time. Most people just shrug their shoulders and live with an occasional error. A buggy hardware driver can cause it, but there are other things too. If you see a pattern in what you are doing when it fails, especially if it is related to a specific hardware device being active, it might be worth upgrading the driver if possible, or not using the device except when you have your work saved and don't mind having to reboot as much.
zimmer
kmr_mukund wrote:
i have dell studio-15 laptop.i m using windows7 and ubuntu os.sometime in windows7 we get an error in blue screen "MEMEORY DUMP ERROR".and get turn off.can you tell me what is the reason behind this error? Sad


I hate blue screen specially if it appears on server... i got panic when blue screen appears.. hard to solve the issue..

Thank God i dont get bluescreen 3 years now.. lol
metalfreek
The exact same think happened to me while using windows 7 on my desktop so I changed the RAM slot and the problem was solved. But I don't know if doing that is possible in Laptops. I suggest that you use tools like ccleaner to clean some disk space and increase pagefile size.
jdelfire
Yes there is chance you can determine Blue screen of death (BSOD) or at least give you an idea of what is going on.

I'll give you the overview - this may require advance windows skill or just be good on following

instructions.

windows creates log files of BSOD which is being save as a dump file.

This dump file contains an information of what causes the BSOD however you won't be able to open

this without a debugging tools or memory dump reader.

Once you have successfully open the dump file it will give you the exact error or the origin of the

problem which can be hardware or software (.dll, .exe, etc..)

I hope this helps. read on http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315263

I have been using this method since I worked as a PC tech and I will always find it useful.
mukesh
kmr_mukund wrote:
i have dell studio-15 laptop.i m using windows7 and ubuntu os.sometime in windows7 we get an error in blue screen "MEMEORY DUMP ERROR".and get turn off.can you tell me what is the reason behind this error? Sad




Very simple reason 60 % problem in your Ram so change Ram (if you have no ram then one by one check) 30% chance problem in your Hdd and 10% chance to loose socket so reconnection all cable.
silverdown
ON the blue screen there is information needed to determine what the problem is. Without knowledge of that no one can determine the problem,
gfexc
Get it all the time. Then I run Spybot and sure enough there´s a robot in there called Microsoft system override or something like that
kmr_mukund
hey thanks all for suggest me to change Random access memory(RAM).i have changed my RAM. after that i didnot get memory dump error with blue screen.so thanks to all.
zaxacongrejo
copy paste the error number to google
zimmer
kmr_mukund wrote:
hey thanks all for suggest me to change Random access memory(RAM).i have changed my RAM. after that i didnot get memory dump error with blue screen.so thanks to all.


some cause the software you need to reformat the workstation after that it work good again..
fouadCh
zimmer wrote:
kmr_mukund wrote:
hey thanks all for suggest me to change Random access memory(RAM).i have changed my RAM. after that i didnot get memory dump error with blue screen.so thanks to all.


some cause the software you need to reformat the workstation after that it work good again..


It's always a hardware issue (not a software; unless It's a badly coded device driver !..) that triggers a BSoD... and, in fact, a RAM problem is the most common one !..

PS: to the OP, I would say to not get rid of the incriminated RAM (a complete RAM check is in order to be completely sure)... Sometimes, the issue is just a "bad contact" between the RAM and the slot (due to dirt building over some period of inactivity)... removing it and re-inserting it DO SOLVE THE BSoD PROBLEM more that often..
Related topics
What is your operating system?
HELP!!!! My computer keeps rebooting over and over again.
Win xp or win 98 ( donnow about latest version)
Error on shutdown
Whic company???
Blue screen before windows login.
Blue screen - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
blue screen of death 0x8E
PC BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH
The blue screen of death
PC blue screen error
Blue Screen TroubleShouting CONFIG_LIST_FAILED
0x00000050 Error Infinite Loop
What would you like to learn?
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Computers -> Computer Problems and Support

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.