FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

photography equipement

fuzzkaizer
Since i use a digital camera for my amateur photography, i miss the good lenses i have on my old analog camera with mirror reflex, especially the macro and the wide angles. So:

Has anyone tested those digital nearly pocket size cameras that can adapt to the old analog lenses?
Ankhanu
My roommate has one, it's one of the Lumix models; some of the shots he's shown me from his set up are pretty nice (but I've generally been impressed with Lumix, and this falls right in with that).

What kind of camera is your SLR? Several brands are using the same mounts with their DSLRs and the lenses can be used interchangeably.
mochipie
Are you talking about the new (Relatively) mirrorless cameras like the Panasonic GF series, Olympus PEN series, and the Sony nex series? I've only ever used Panasonic and Sony mirrorless systems before, but in my opinion, they work wonderfully. If you care about size at all, I think they make great, of not the best, possible alternatives to full on DSLRs and as for those old lenses, I think with a simple adapter they can be used.
dude_xyx
Well I have a old Canon SX10 Ultrazoom camera. Using it mostly to take Macro photos.
fuzzkaizer
yes, meanwhile i have also heard of the lumix ones, there would also be adaptors to the lenses of different systems (quite expensive original adaptors, but also more economic replicas).
my old camera is a canon.
chrisdriscoll
Why not just go with an entry level DSLR? The new mirrorless cameras seem cool but they are expensive, have smaller sensors and cost more than a dslr. Only reason I'd go with one would be the cool factor and possibly size..although adding a slr lens onto the front will end up negating the size benefit. You should have an easier time using your old analog lenses on a dslr than trying to get them to work with an adapter.