FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

about install phpbb forum

soulman
I've already change the permission of "config.php" into 777, but I still cannot run the "install.php" file, it told me this:

Quote:
Warning: main(./../extension.inc): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/soulman/public_html/forum/install/install.php on line 314

Warning: main(): Failed opening './../extension.inc' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/soulman/public_html/forum/install/install.php on line 314

Warning: main(./../includes/constants.): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/soulman/public_html/forum/install/install.php on line 322

Warning: main(): Failed opening './../includes/constants.' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/soulman/public_html/forum/install/install.php on line 322

Warning: main(./../includes/functions.): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/soulman/public_html/forum/install/install.php on line 323

Warning: main(): Failed opening './../includes/functions.' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/soulman/public_html/forum/install/install.php on line 323

Warning: main(./../includes/sessions.): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/soulman/public_html/forum/install/install.php on line 324

Warning: main(): Failed opening './../includes/sessions.' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/soulman/public_html/forum/install/install.php on line 324

could any one give me a hand?
n0obie4life
Reinstall phpBB
soulman
n0obie4life wrote:
Reinstall phpBB

oh, thanks.... I'll try to find if there were files missed....
yupeng
May be you can changeMOD to +755
When i change MOD to +777
something will go wrong
n0obie4life
config.php has to be writable by the public during installation.
budazz
the phpbb dont need to "CHMOD" it..i think its automatic
n0obie4life
budazz wrote:
the phpbb dont need to "CHMOD" it..i think its automatic

IT does during installation unless your talking about that stupid little thing at the corner of cpanel with that ever dumb looking smiley face called fantastico.
Summer
You missed some files .
progman89
Also, if you've tried to install phpBB to a database before and failed, you have to somehow clean all the tables out of the database before you can try installing again, or the install won't work. It's really simplest just to delete the database and create it again blank.