FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

what is google dance?

sheril
I am seo in xmediasolution, now i promote my client site their keyword position is every day dancing? what is google dance? why this dance?
loremar
Google dance from what I know is the periodical fluctuation of the number of links indexed by google. I'm not sure.
abhnav
Google dance is that period that a major index update of the Google search and show the updated index.
metalfreek
Google dance is a change in position of site in search result for a given keyword in less amount of time.
ankitdatashn
If you would like to see a different type of google dance then write google gravity on google and click I am feeling lucky, I feel half of you might already be knowing it Very Happy
uditkh2304
Chalmer wrote:
Google dance is a change in the results. Search engine results are always changing as billions of website joins the online dance. It is an outdated slang term used to describe the period of time in which Google used to rebuild its rankings, and as a result of this rebuilding, rankings of Web sites on Google’s SERP may fluctuate in order during a several day period. Google dance would happen anywhere up to 36 times per year.

Hi

Thanks
That was not at all known to me.
I heard Google normally do this exercise as there are lots of websites on the web and to check whether the website admin is working on that particular link or not and pull it down

Thanks
Bacati
nepalstar
Thanks to the owner of this post.
I don't know actually what is all about the Google Dance is..? Now I'm being interested on this "Google Dance". If possible plz post some more articles or links about this Google Dance where I can get knowledge about this.

Thank you
tamilparks
a new think i am also going to learn
allricjohnson1
In search engine optimization (SEO), Google Dance is an out-dated slang term used to describe the period of time in which Google used to rebuild its rankings, and as a result of this rebuilding, rankings of Web sites on Google's SERP may fluctuate in order during a several day period. The "Google Dance" would happen anywhere up to 36 times per year, however in 2003 Google begun updating its index on a weekly basis, which all but eliminated the Google Dance.
denishwilson83
The name "Google Dance" was in the past used to describe the period that a major index update of the Google search engine are being implemented. These major Google index update occured on average every 36 days or 10 times per year. It was easiest be identified by significant changes in search results, and by an updating of Google's cache of all indexed pages. These changes would be evident from one minute to the next. But the update did not proceed as a switch from one index to another like the flip of a switch. In fact, it took several days to finish the complete update of the index.
martinsherman
Google Dance occurs in a period of time in which Google rebuilds its ranking algorithm, and due to this rebuild going on, rankings of websites on SERPs fluctuate. This term is pretty much outdated, because since 2003 Google dance wasn't the issue anymore.
Google Dance used to rebuild its rankings, and as a result of this rebuilding, rankings of Web sites on Google's SERP may fluctuate in order during a several day period.
dolfinchris
It's the period when Google is rebuilding its rankings, and results fluctuate widely for a 3 to 5 day period.
MikeAngus
Google Dance is an out-dated terminology term used to explain the timeframe in which the search engines used to improve its positions, and as a result of this restoring, positions of Web sites.
dolfinchris
The Google dance is the period in which your website rankings usually drastically drop after improvement in usability or SEO metrics
Nyasro
i ALSO WANT TO LEARN IT