FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Some Music Creators around here?

Haku
Does anyone make their own music? I do, but i can't say im that good.
I've made some techno dance, and some chip music Very Happy
xorcist
I dont really make my own music yet I just make beat's and things like that. My cuz and brother raps and I just supply the beats.
Lokine
Yep, I write/record my own music. Mainly jazz but I've done other styles as well.
hiroki-star
I like to remix some Industrial music at times
pixelsmack
well other than playng the guitar and piano i mess around on the decks alot. mostly i play for my band though.
ddukki
I like making little ditties on the piano. Mostly amateur improv, but it keeps me happy. Cool
prongs_386
I write and play in a band, we write prog metal stuff.
I play guitar, my style comes from joe satriani, kirk hammet, steve vai mostly.
moonunit
I love to play congas with my friend's band and I am trying to figure out Sonar 4 pro so I can sequence some beats.
chargoyle
Yeah, I've played around with some music and stuff. Most of it's ok. Once my website is up and running, you can check out some of the stuff me and my friends have made (the link is down below). Fruity Loops is the best music program there is. Recording, voice synthesizer, loops, filters, pretty much whatever you could want to do. So, if any of you guys are serious about it, you should check it out.
JaeCee
Have had my hand in music making .. a lot of my friends are musically inclined and so we often get together with randomly written songs for a quick recording or two to pass time.
SunburnedCactus
I do a lot of music work. Have about 500+ minutes of my own work on the computer at the moment. Once the website gets going I'll put some up.

Also I'll field any music tech questions anyone has. Smile
Haku
Cool, I didn't know that many peeps did their own music Very Happy
I forgot to tell, but i've also been in a band, but we didn't create much music, we played others songs.
The chip music i've created was made with an gameboy ( and it's sound chip (you can check out: www.hakuchip.tk if ya wanna, nothing good tho' ), and the techno dance was made with a program where you get a drum mashine, a poly- and a bass-synth. It's kinda cool.
ChunkyBustout
I, too, create my own music. Some of which will be available on my site (currently under construction). One I'm really excited about is called "A Lil Horny". It's hip-hop (I've done quite a few genres) and always makes me wanna move Laughing

I use, too, use Fruity Loops, sometimes. I also use Reason, Acid, and Sound Forge. I play keyboards mainly and use a MIDI controller to create most of my parts. Sometimes, I just use the piano roll with my mouse in Fruity Loops to create little parts - mainly basslines.
ChunkyBustout
I, too, create my own music. Some of which will be available on my site (currently under construction). One I'm really excited about is called "A Lil Horny". It's hip-hop (I've done quite a few genres) and always makes me wanna move Laughing

I use, too, use Fruity Loops, sometimes. I also use Reason, Acid, and Sound Forge. I play keyboards mainly and use a MIDI controller to create most of my parts. Sometimes, I just use the piano roll with my mouse in Fruity Loops to create little parts - mainly basslines.
Thug
I make remixes, hip hop + hardcore music, + made some hardcore tracks with Fruity Loops, currently workin on a hip hop beat.
tingkagol
http://www.soundclick.com/tingkagol
Some crap I made on Fruity Loops, mostly covers from video game music. lol. Be gentle.

Anybody else willing to share their soundclick accounts?
fecophobia
I've been playing guitar for about 2 years and I have a couple recordings. Nothing worse than someone with no musical background writing music.
petgraveyard
I tried to write a song years ago...sounded like a blob when I played it on my clarinet (one of my instruments I dust off every once in a while). I should try it again, thanks for reminding me how fun music writing can be!
webbone
Haku wrote:
Does anyone make their own music? I do, but i can't say im that good.
I've made some techno dance, and some chip music Very Happy

good things,Are you can share them to listen?
I want to download them to hear! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Thug
tingkagol wrote:
http://www.soundclick.com/tingkagol
Some crap I made on Fruity Loops, mostly covers from video game music. lol. Be gentle.

Anybody else willing to share their soundclick accounts?

For sure, i havnt updated that site in about a year and still im gettin Hits & plays like crazy Very Happy

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=165954

Check it out, ow yea those remixes are pretty old. Nowadays we doin it way bigger!

Pz
JoeCool
Music is my life. I love creating music, mainly on the guitar in all various types. My favorite music to make up is metal, probably, I don't know though... I would have to think about it.
Adrenalin
Playing bass guitar in two bands - “AntiDope” (crossover metal) and “Revolt” (crossover/NYHC). I’m not really in making of music, but I’m free to make our music more interesting whenever it’s possible (which means – most of the time Mr. Green).
erotic_city
i like to create and record music. i play synths and guitars mainly, with a drum machine. I'm getting a new set of songs together right now actually. Once thats sorted I'm gonna be playing some clubs.
BioHaZaRD
My brother actually writes stuff on the piano. I'd like to learn to write music, I've actually started learning guitar so who knows. Smile
eatthesun
i'm a musician. i play drums, guitar, and piano. i mainly work as a solo artist, and my music is electronic hybrid rock. you can listen to some of my music <a href="http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?AID=139500&T=3354">HERE</a>.
eatthesun
i'm a musician. i play drums, guitar, and piano. i mainly work as a solo artist, and my music is electronic hybrid rock. you can listen to some of my music HERE.[/url]
Zack
I make all kinds of music. I use FL Studio 5. That's actually why I'm trying to get this free webspace, for my website.

Tingka, your music owns. : D
Josso
I create electronica... drifting into Jungle/DnB recently (my newest song is availible from www.josso.co.uk).
Scott
It's good to see so many musicians around.

I have been playing guitar for quite awhile, the past year or so I've gotten reall interested in techno. I'm recording some stuff now and sequencing it in Fruity Loops. It's kind of ambient, softer music.
fecundity
i play guitar in a couple of bands, one heavy metal one indie lol

always write little riffs and melodies on guitar, most enver get used but the ideas stick...its cool

currently im busy making sure i can play gaybar by electric six in pretty much every position possible...behind my head, on the floor, with my toes

should be a good talent show Laughing
3shades
i make my own music

i write music for guitar and also the vocals, i sing, play guitar and keyboard in my band,

our band is releasing some more songs soon, but in the meantime, watch this space!

i love music, its my passion and i plan to make quite a lot more of it. My band has a bassist, drummer and guitarist.

We are called the "3 shades of ignorance" watch out for us!

I can also create music on the computer but im not exactly a big fan of punk or anything, more of a fan of ska and punk. which is where our band is influenced from!

peace out guys, and good luck with the music making!

ben,

http://3shades.frih.net

http://www.3shades.tk
druidbloke
I do, im not brilliant at it but thats not what counts, to me music is just like talking and everybody has something to say, it shouldnt be just left to an elite few to express themselves musically, some of my stuff is on www.nixby.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk under the music section. Hopefully im always improving and in the end I'll do something interesting Bo)
IAMED_2
I use Acid+loops, also compose. Acid is really micro-arranging and not composing, IMO. I compose using Finale 2005, which has a really good sound for a music notation program using GM.

'Cause I don't have a site yet, here's some links to some of my acid stuff.

http://www.myfilehut.com/userfiles/5477/My%20Music/mp3s/The%20Mulberry%20Forest%202.asx http://www.myfilehut.com/userfiles/5477/My%20Music/mp3s/Can%27t%20%20Beat%20The%20Heat%202.asx http://www.myfilehut.com/userfiles/5477/My%20Music/mp3s/Into%20It%20-%20Acid%205%20New%202.asx

Yes, the titles are supposed to be cheesy :p
krumilur
Yeah, I love to compose. Mainly jazz, but I try to have a wide perspective.
midimine
Yes I also like to compose songs. At the moment just finished some somgs made with Project 5 version 2. Hopefully I get an account soon to show the things I am busy with.
A the moment you can find stuff on my old website
[url]home.tiscali.nl/mididreams[/url] Cool
Lennon
I use Finale with sheet music, I do each note individually, and I hope soon to connect my keyboard to the computer via MIDI connectors, so that the keys I play on the keyboard are automatically scored. I also use Cubasis. My style is basic rythms using a mix of drums, bass and piano, and use strings as effect. I've been composing for about 4 yrs and the most difficult is either stepping down after the chorus in a slow song, or combining rythm with a mellow sound.

Dance beats are the easiest to mix, just look out for the right sound, record, copy and paste.

Punk Rock is so easy since the rythm is constant, there's no build-up and rarely any bridges, basic chords repeated over and over. Instruments are basically electric guitar, drums and singer, and whatever the hell you like on top of it.

Hard rock with guitar riffs are very skilled to play.
Modern Pop is extremely complex, with the use of instruments like rock, but also getting the right sound like dance, and using stranger chords. The 80's pop is simple.

Classical music is not as hard, but it's understanding the theory of music including the ability to read and write that's the most important.

If you're interested in learning to compose, YOU MUST LEARN SOME THEORY TO MUSIC. Once you know the pentatonic chords, diminished chord, and can read/write tablature/sheet music you'll be fine. Power Chords for guitar are cool but not used as often and aren't important.
Insanity
I've tried using keyboard -> MIDI connections to my computer, but it never works well because my rhythm is really off and it's hard to input the right notes (quarter, half, whole, etc).

Fruity Loops would be awesome if it weren't so complicated. Rolling Eyes
Lennon
You can set the program to whatever time you use. For example, is your quickest note a sixteenth or an octet. If you use an octet, then it might record an octet triplet as just two octets, because it hasn't good enough resolution to see the extra timing. If you set to sixteenth then the triplet timing would be recorded. Catch my drift?

Fruityloops I have too, but first look turned me away.
SNBDA
I am singer of a german industrial band, its funny. I recorded one album with four tracks, so its not a big thing. Wink
JoeCool
Heck yes, I love to write music it's tons of fun... lol
I play guitar, and write lyrics to go with it, I also play in a band part time.
Thug
Yea sometimes i make my own music, at the moment im working with Reason 3.0 << This is a great program imo and easy to use.
I used to work with Fruity Loops but i got kinda sick of that program.

I make hardcore music with Reason and im also gonna try and make some hip hop
edgeofend
I've been making own music for several years now... Nowdays I write songs for my band.. Industrial HC/Alt Metal... but i've also composed soft rock.. pop..indie... etc. I play bassguitar, and little bit guitar too. It's not so hard to write songs... usually I write what i feel.. and what i think etc...
architeq
nothing to display
william jones
i have been making music for a very long time
i have been a jazz musician
i have been in many bluegrass and punk bands
i have played in several big bands,
i also have gone into recording music for several years and have a lot of acts that i prodduce
electronic music and synthesis have been areas of focus for me as well
my whole life revolves around music
lol
macfly
I play guitar. Have played in a few rock bands. Now I concentrate on writing my own stuff and try to make a living by licensing the music for films, multimedia and so on... I also play keyboards : for midi of course. Though I plan to buy a midi guitar : I could work a lot faster that way since I'm a better guitar player than keyboard player. I also play drums.