FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How long my account lives here in frihost?

zimmer
okay, I am totally new here..
How long my account will be stays and when it will deleted here in frihost?

I have read some basic information such as below.

Quote:
5 quality posts and 10 Points are required before requesting your web hosting account with 750MB of space and 20GB of traffic. Accepting the TOS will also be needed. Please go to your Account page to request a web hosting account.

I have already made a request today, but i am afraid if i cannot post my account will be loss.. with the hard-work, money, effort and time i invest but then suddenly delete here... this are my worries. Idea
tahayassen
I believe free hosting requires 1 point per day. You can earn 1 to 5 points per post.

As soon as you go into negative points, you are warned by the website owner.
SonLight
zimmer, I see you are doing well on points considering the short time you have been here. You already have enough points to maintain your site for a month and a half.

If you are concerned about what would happen if you are unable to post for a substantial period of time, relax. As long as you are an active member, Frihost is quite lenient if you disappear for a while. It is recommended that you notify them if you will be away for a long time, but even if you do not your site is likely to be left active.

My thinking is that you should always keep a backup of your site, and if it is quite active and using lots of resources, then it's hard to excuse a long unplanned absence from the forums while you are actively maintaining the site.

By always having a backup for your site, you should never have to worry about losing the content. If popularity of the site is great enough that having it interrupted would be a substantial loss, then I think it would be time to move it to paid hosting. I see having a site move on to paid hosting as a great success story for Frihost.

I wish you well with your site.
Ghost Rider103
Accounts are not generally removed, ever.

Accounts may get banned, hosting accounts may get suspended, or removed. But a Frihost account will never be moved.

Quote:
I have already made a request today, but i am afraid if i cannot post my account will be loss.. with the hard-work, money, effort and time i invest but then suddenly delete here... this are my worries.

Perhaps a tip, spamming the General Chat section with all sorts of topics that are useless will not get you a hosting account.

Also, I'd like to introduce you to the Frihost Support forums! We have many, many other forum categories than General Chat. Perhaps you should void out of the General Chat section and post your topics in the correct categories.

Since your question has been answered, I see no reason to keep this open any longer.

-close-