FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

CHEAP DOMAIN FOR YOUR SITE!

Sunny
I have seen few members asking for cheap/free domains .Oh no i'm not asking for it but for a change I'm recommending one.

Yahoo! has slashed the price of domain registration to 2.99$/yr for 5 years. http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/domains/

Whats funny is it keeps changing for some reason which is beyond my knowledge.Few days back I saw them advertising it for 1.99$. So if you go to that link and see a price in excess of 2.99$, don't be disapointed just check the site on different time.I think this is as cheap it gets among the major registrars.This offer is for limted time and valid for 5 years (means you will only have to pay same price for 5 years).

If someone had any bad experience with Yahoo,feel welcome to share with us.
byt
personally I got mine ( www.bigyellowtruck.co.uk ) from www.lowcostnames.com they have been very efficient and reasonably cheap
Helios
3$ for a year? Wow, that's pretty cheap!

Thanks a lot!
coolpages
yea..this is good info
thnks for sharing with us
lituhanian
but you dont get
Private Domain
for Private Domain Registration you need pay (+$9.00/year at signup)

What is Private Domain ?
Private Domain Registration helps protect you from spam by blocking your contact information from the public
jongoldsz
I got my domain for $1.99 a year for 5 years.

Normally it costs $10 per year.
My domain costed about $10 per 5 years.

That is an amazing price.

Now godaddy is registering domains for $2 per year with a non-domain perchase.
n0obie4life
I remember someone had a problem with yahoo domains on this forum.

And I think the problem was when he used it on FRIHost, his domain got suspended.
krazeek
you cant get .co.uk domain name for free can you? I dont think so, but that would be pretty cool.
yupeng
I get several domains from Yahoo,these days
lituhanian
krazeek wrote:
you cant get .co.uk domain name for free can you? I dont think so, but that would be pretty cool.

not for frr it is cost 7.50 for 2 years
gonzo
If your registrar is not ICANN accredited you're in for a PAINFUL experience.
Summer
Thanks for sharing but which one can be used together with Frihost ?
abhinav
Summer wrote:
Thanks for sharing but which one can be used together with Frihost ?

Any one can be used with frihost.
You just need to set the server to Frihost server.
And the DNS will propogate.
Sunny
Quote:
I remember someone had a problem with yahoo domains on this forum.

And I think the problem was when he used it on FRIHost, his domain got suspended.

I'm sure it has nothing to do with the HOST, only thing I can think is may be he used fake cc information while registering and therefore it got suspended.

Once I saw ygamesadmin kicking and banning someone from yahoo allstar room for same reason.
boringest
i bought from yahoo and there's no problem so far...*touchwood* =)

as for the private thing mentioned by one of the guys up there, it's never a free feature for most domain resellers. e.g. godaddy.
gh0stface
jongoldsz wrote:

Actually, GoDaddy is only $2/year for the first year, every year after that is the normal price as I tested it out with 5 years and the price was about 40 dollars total.
dan751
Those are all good places to get domains for a really cheap price, but do they have registrar lock capability?
Sunny
gh0stface wrote:
jongoldsz wrote:

Actually, GoDaddy is only $2/year for the first year, every year after that is the normal price as I tested it out with 5 years and the price was about 40 dollars total.

Exactly.and also price is $2 only if you purchase any non domain product. Its just like buying a car and enjoying that you got discount on a bike with it.

I hate registering through Godaddy just because they have lengthy sign up process and hate to pass so many addon offers.

Same stands with netfirms (Currently giving domains for 4.95$) But its not only for that year and renewal cost is $9.95.
speedlikecy
if register the domain from yahoo...
must use the credits card?

then yahoo will know our personal detail?
speedlikecy
have a question to ask...
who had register the domain from yahoo?

yahoo will ask the personal address or not?
and something personal detail?

could i dont give the personal detail to yahoo?
Sunny
speedlikecy wrote:
if register the domain from yahoo...
must use the credits card?

then yahoo will know our personal detail?

Thats Correct! CC is required/

First you will have to sign in with your Yahoo ID
They will ask for CC #, Its expiry date, verification #,name on card and your address and telephone no. If you don't want to share your adress I'd not suggest giving fake information.Leaving something out so its not complete might be better idea.But that will also mean you will not recieve billing statementf rom Yahoo! It will create a wallet for you. so if you need to pay to yahoo in future again you will not need to give all information again, Just sign in with your yahoo id.

Edit :I ain't registered any domain with yahoo yet but I have registerd an allstar id so I know this. Also if your ID(one u want to use) has the complete info then yahoo will have it anyway irrespective of what u give or leave out.
tmantaylor18
I have been looking for a good place for domain names for a while and havent really run into any good ones. So if you dont get a private domain, you get pop-ups for whoever visits your site? I guess its not really that bad comsidering your not going to really pay more than $10/year for any of these domain hosting places. I will continue paying these ok prices untill domain names get higher in price, for now I am not going to really be able to tell $7 in one year.
Sunny
Quote:
So if you dont get a private domain, you get pop-ups for whoever visits your site?

Oh man, private domain means they will hide the detail of registering name and adress, So it will be tough for others to find the owner of the domain by running a whois search. Practically its only helpful as the spammers won't see your email id.

Nothing to do with popups , You site will not show popups unless you add the script to show popup.
PatTheGreat42
I'm anti-Yahoo. They try to take over your system. I have a friend who stays with me sometimes, and he always puts Yahoo messanger on the machine so he can chat with his family overseas, but as soon as he does, everything else Yahoo automatically installs itself. It SUCKS.

I hate Yahoo. Darn them and their invasive techniques!
speedlikecy
have any people can help me buy domain from yahoo...
i use paypal to pay...
MDevil
i need a free one Razz who knows one?
jasperlevink
Hey folks,
For .nl domains have a look at mihosnet.nl. I think it's very cheap and the service is great!

Grtz.
Jasper
LemonMan
Give futaidnet.com a try there pretty cheap and have a good setup i think, a friend of mine tried it, and seemed happy.
Lonewolf
I got my domains from www.netfirms.com for 4.95$ /Year
cnnet
but how to pay for it
I heard this before
but Idon't know how to pay Sad
shank
hmmm, worth a look, thanks
Sunny
Lonewolf wrote:
I got my domains from www.netfirms.com for 4.95$ /Year

I'll not recommend NETFIRM to anyone. They are only cheaters in my opinion with their hidden policies. They give domain for 4.95$ but thats only valid for that year and you have to pay full price 9.95$ or something for renewal.

They give 30 addons with their hosting plans. but would never tell their cutomers that only 3 out of 30 will have email capabilities. can you run sites without email addresses, atleast they can mention it somewhere. Godaddy is better then netfirms for sure.CHEAP GUYS CHEAP POLICIES.
Serdne
that domain is very cheap.
k_s_baskar
MDevil wrote:
i need a free one Razz who knows one?

Few year back Namezero http://www.namezero.com offered free domain registration for .com .net. .org TCDs. But your sites banner advt/- will be captured by namezero. They stopped providing free service. Now most of the demain registration companies providing .info less than $1.99.
manumiglani
Quote:
but you dont get
Private Domain
for Private Domain Registration you need pay (+$9.00/year at signup)

1and1.com offers domain registeration at $5.99 with free private registeration

features include

Private Domain Registration

Manage Unlimited Domains
Subdomains 5
External Domains 5

DNS Management
Choice of name server
Point your domain names to whichever domain name servers you would like.
# A record
Change your IP Address.
# MX record
Change the mail server responsible for directing mail to your domain name.

URL Masking
Domain Contact Management
Domain Access with or Without "www"

E-mail Accounts 1
IMAP & POP3 supported
Mailbox space 1 GB
E-mail Aliases 200
E-mail Auto-responder
E-mail Forwarding
Catch-all E-mail Addresses

1&1 Starter WebsiteBuilder
Search Engine Tools
1&1 Control Panel
Support
24/7 Phone & E-mail Support

Service available for the residents of Usa and Canada Only.

Manu Miglani
Tjcrazy
I found: http://www.ukreg.com/ .co.uk for 2.95 a year! Also godaddy.com is very good but yahoo is proabably the best because they are .com for 2.95!
soulman
www.exsisto.biz

I got this domain for just 2.95$ too~~ that's pretty cheap
n0obie4life
We must go the Bondings way!

www.namecheap.com

Bondings uses namecheap, we should learn from him!

[unwanted stuff]Sure, namecheap is getting a few customers from here I bet.[/unwanted stuff]
soulman
n0obie4life wrote:
We must go the Bondings way!

www.namecheap.com

Bondings uses namecheap, we should learn from him!

[unwanted stuff]Sure, namecheap is getting a few customers from here I bet.[/unwanted stuff]

no more than 9$, that's really cheap, but.... the damn "Whois" works so well to that it can access any taken domian's database.....
k_s_baskar
Still .be domains are free in

http://eurodns.com

Note: don't worry they say some amount for .be domains in home page, just create a new a/c. n search for .be domains it will show the price as 0.
raman
Thanks for sharing this info, thats a real good deal.
n0obie4life
soulman wrote:
no more than 9$, that's really cheap, but.... the damn "Whois" works so well to that it can access any taken domian's database.....

And it protects you from being Whois-ed. Smile.

Shows a whois guard with all sorts of weird data, that makes me wonder what's bondings' address. It's so difficult to send him some fan mail.
cnnet
pretty cheap
but I got a free domain now
so I would get one when it came to its end
Gonnon
for my Counter strike clan, we used www.godaddy.com, pretty cheap and reliable.
speedlikecy
i had buy a domain from yahoo....
i use my mom credits card...
sotris99
i own two domains for yahoo...