FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Why doesn't my suggestions box work?

tahayassen
URL: winmylane.tk

If you type the letter a into the text box in IE, it gives you suggestions for autocomplete. Doing the same in Chrome/FireFox doesn't do anything. Sad
darkeagle
tahayassen wrote:

If you type the letter a into the text box in IE, it gives you suggestions for autocomplete. Doing the same in Chrome/FireFox doesn't do anything. Sad

This topic must be posted in Scripting forums.

Anyway, I tried your site in IE, firefox and chrome. Autocomplete script seems working in all browsers. But your background randomizer script is too slow and taking this pictures from other servers (like imageshack) instead of your server is not a good idea. It makes page creation time too slow.
tahayassen
darkeagle wrote:
tahayassen wrote:

This topic must be posted in Scripting forums.

Anyway, I tried your site in IE, firefox and chrome. Autocomplete script seems working in all browsers. But your background randomizer script is too slow and taking this pictures from other servers (like imageshack) instead of your server is not a good idea. It makes page creation time too slow.

Doesn't CloudFlare cache everything anyways? Maybe CloudFlare is too slow? If I host the images, wouldn't that kill my bandwidth? The images are like 500 kb to 1 megabyte each.
darkeagle
Some of your background images has too big size. Most of this images have 1215*717px, and I think it's ideal. Try resize all images to 1215*717px and upload to your server (or elsewhere form imageshack, imageshack seems too slow). I think if you resize images and upload to your server, you won't exceed the bandwith limit. ie: I have 10gb bandwith limit and I have 6 website, it never exceeded.
tahayassen
Okay, I've optimized the images. Is the website fast now?
darkeagle
tahayassen wrote:
Okay, I've optimized the images. Is the website fast now?

Loading of images is very fast now. It looks nice...
tahayassen
One more thing. On my website, the counter button is slightly too high. Any idea how I can lower it by like 10 pixels?
darkeagle
tahayassen wrote:
One more thing. On my website, the counter button is slightly too high. Any idea how I can lower it by like 10 pixels?

Try to change this:
Code:
<input type="image" border="0" alt="Counter!" src="images/counter.png">

To:
Code:
<input type="image" border="0" style="vertical-align: middle;" src="images/counter.png" alt="Counter!">
tahayassen
darkeagle wrote:
tahayassen wrote:

Try to change this:
Code:

To:
Code:
<input type="image" border="0" style="vertical-align: middle;" src="images/counter.png" alt="Counter!">

Thank you! Really appreciate it. Smile

Mods, feel free to close this thread.
darkeagle
tahayassen wrote:
darkeagle wrote:
tahayassen wrote:

Try to change this:
Code:

To:
Code:

Thank you! Really appreciate it. Smile

Mods, feel free to close this thread.

You're welcome Smile