FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What board software do you use?

Huhnteufel
What software do you use to power your forums? I know alot of people use phpBB, it seems to be the major free board out there, but with the recent security threats, maybe some people have opted to switch off of it. I know there are alot of programs out there, and I'm interested to know what made you chose them.

Personally, I have been using XMB for a couple years now. The security of the board has been much improved, but it is still lagging behind. So once it goes Final, I will be switching to a new software called UltimaBB that I've been involved in.
tyxl
I prefered PHPBB but since the securty issues i started to use invision more and more.
lituhanian
i used PHPBB right not
Used Invision Board on last week
Xcelerate
I use PHPBB. It is very simple to set up, and since I know PHP, easy to modify!
foggy
I've used SMF (Simple Machines Forum) on my last project that involved setting up a forum, and I have to say that it looks pretty good even compared to forum software packages that have been out for years now.

It's now at version 1.0 and I'll probably use it the next chance I get. I can't wait to see what it will look at version 2 or even farther in the future, they have already implemented many pretty innovative features, my favorite of which is the package manager, it gives you the ability to add mods to your forum in one click. Very cool, if you ask me.

http://www.simplemachines.org/
Alienz
I prefer phpBB forum. Its open-source and easy to modify.
Lady Elensar
I'm using phpBB too. With many modifications. Very Happy (I'm busy with those..)