FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

how much points do i need for hosting?

zimmer
how much points do i need in order to get or request a hosting?

Very Happy
truespeed
It says everything you need to know in the FAQ
zimmer
truespeed wrote:
It says everything you need to know in the FAQ

Thank you true speed.. i will read them all.
metalfreek
Make sure that your point doesn't go below zero. That's the only rule to keep your hosting account alive. But some guys have said that their hosting account was not deleted even when their points was -150 or so. So, its safe to say that one post a day will make sure that your hosting account is intact.
Ghost Rider103
Points aren't required to request hosting.

You do however though need at least 5 quality posts before you can request hosting.

It is best that you wait until about 10 posts, to give yourself an edge to getting accepted the first time.

Keep in mind that if the quality of your posts are very low, chances are you will be denied hosting.

Good luck. Very Happy
Bondings
@Ghost Rider103, sorry to correct you, but yes 10 points are required to request a hosting account. It was setup to prevent people posting 5 smiley posts (or similar) to request hosting. Unfortunately it causes them to post 10 of those posts (although it might have stopped a few).
Ghost Rider103
Bondings wrote:
@Ghost Rider103, sorry to correct you, but yes 10 points are required to request a hosting account. It was setup to prevent people posting 5 smiley posts (or similar) to request hosting. Unfortunately it causes them to post 10 of those posts (although it might have stopped a few).

Whoops. Embarassed

It's been a long time since I first requested hosting. Further investigation on this page: http://www.frihost.com/guide.php leads me to the correct information of 10 points.

Maybe we should add something about the requirements for hosting in the FAQ? Or at least a link to the guide perhaps?
Bondings
Ghost Rider103 wrote:
Bondings wrote:

Whoops. Embarassed

It's been a long time since I first requested hosting. Further investigation on this page: http://www.frihost.com/guide.php leads me to the correct information of 10 points.

Maybe we should add something about the requirements for hosting in the FAQ? Or at least a link to the guide perhaps?

I think it is also mentioned in a box on the index page if you aren't hosted yet.
gheba
Can you also get free FTP space (100mb or more) that are accessible without a domani name associated to it?
zimmer
i see..
So, this means if i get 10 points i can already request a hosting package?
Ankhanu
zimmer wrote:
i see..
So, this means if i get 10 points i can already request a hosting package?

Yup.

Though whether or not your request gets approved really depends on the types of posts you've been making. If you make good quality posts, you'll likely get hosted; if you make short posts that don't really contribute anything to the discussions, you may not.