You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Humble Indie Bundle V

Fire Boar
The fifth Humble Indie Bundle has arrived! These things are a great, but limited, opportunity to get some indie games, and HIBV offers some real gems this time: Limbo, Psychonauts, Amnesia: The Dark Descent and Sword and Sworcery. Also Bastion, if you pay more than the average.

In case you haven't heard of the HIB, the idea is that you buy a group of indie games together, paying as much or as little as you like. But if you pay only a little, then you're a jerk because the money goes to a good cause. You can customize where your money goes: to charity, to the developers, or to the Humble Bundle website to support future bundles and keep the bandwidth flowing. Personally, I sent 60% to charity, 30% to the developers and 10% to the bundle, but you can do 100% charity or any other distribution if you prefer.

So, should you buy it? If you have to ask that question, you need to get your brain examined. Five games, and really good ones too. Even if you're not particularly interested in the titles, just send $10 to charity and let access to the games be a bonus. Why are you still reading this? Go to and give them boatloads of money already. You have 14 days as of the time of this posting. Chaaarge!

... did I mention that the games are all cross-platform? Because they're all cross-platform: Linux, Mac and the other operating system. In case that matters to you.

EDIT: This is going to start to sound like some kind of scam, but there's more that I forgot to mention. The games are DRM-free, the soundtracks to each game are available for download separately, and you get Steam keys if you pay more than $1. And nobody should be paying less than $1, seriously: there's frugal and then there's just plain Scrooge.
Bought it minutes after it launched. The Humble Bundles have consistently been excellent, but this one takes things to a new level. Five games, and all of them are excellent. This is NOT a question of whether or not you should buy it, it's a question of how much money you should give these guys for providing us with such an amazing set of games. And the answer to that better be more than 1 cent (legal robbery), more than a dollar (cheapskate), more than the average (Bastion is awesome), and a bit more than that that because you're kind-hearted. Twisted Evil You'll be supporting excellent indie developers, giving to charity, and helping out those who organized it.

Hmm...I propose we ought to team up and beat the Humble Brony Bundle. The Humble Frihost Bundle?
Bought it the other day. Even though I already owned Bastion, it's still an amazing deal for what I paid ($15). I have to say though, Limbo is an extremely morbid game, and I wasn't expecting it to be so violent.
Humble Indie Bundle V?
I just payed for the Humble Indie Bundle V (for the average price), and I was just wondering how long it takes for me to get it? Do I get it right after I buy it like on Steam, or do they check my payment first and then send me a mail about it and that fuzz?
Fire Boar
If you just bought it, you should know. I've only paid by Paypal, so I'm not sure if it's different with other methods, but what happens is that once the payment has gone through, you are directed to a "thank you" page which gives you a link to the downloads page based on your unique key. You are also sent an email with your key/link - keep the email safe!

I've never had any problems with them, but if you do run into an issue then they have a live chat available to help you out.
They updated it a few days ago to include Super Meat Boy, Braid, and Lone Survivor (all great games) for people who pay over the average. People who already bought the bundle and paid over the average at that time also have this now Very Happy
Bought it, and I am extremely happy with the purchase.

I've only played Bastion so far, and I must say that it is an excellent game.

I don't know when I'll have time to play the others, and then they added three more!
I have been constantly blown away by the quality of these bundles. Not only the games they select, but the quality of the site, the service they provide and so forth.

Unfortunately, I already own Bastion, Limbo, Psychonauts, Braid and Super Meat Boy, but I'm always happy to support those guys so I threw in $20. No doubt I'll give the copies of those games I already own to some friends.

I'm also really impressed with the level of Linux support they're providing. Nice to see the option to download from the Ubuntu Software Centre as well.